Remove this Banner Ad

Let’s celebrate football again?

2s player trying to fight people in the crowd

Captain stomping someone’s head

Player found guilty of striking and head butting

Did I miss anything? Sounds like a very ordinary weekend from the Mustangs
And a yellow card for striking in the twos

Few ripper clashes this week

Kilmore Vs Turtles, Turtles can push their way towards the top 4 and Kilmore can put a nice gap between them.

West vs South, knocking of Laurimar was huge for west. South have been fantastic in both grades. This will be their first loss for me. South are due

Lalor vs Laurimar, outstanding effort by Lalor to get so close to West and Turtles who have beaten them easily in the past. Could this be the week they win one?? Laurimar have big injury concerns. Lalors recruits have been superb.

Mernda vs Mustangs, obviously Mernda have been the hype team and failed to deliver but haven’t been dominated all that much with admirable performances against most sides. I can’t see the Mustangs getting within 70

Massive round this week, will set a lot of teams season up, here are my predictions:

Kilmore vs Turtles: Match of the round here in my opinion, Turtles will put in a shift but I can’t see Kilmore losing this one. Kilmore by 13.

West vs South: South 5-0, I think this one will be one of South’s closest games, big win last week for West but South will edge this one. Close game but South by 22.

Lalor vs Laurimar: Suprise of the round, upset looming here, I can see Lalor making a game of this one, Laurimar’s injury list is growing and growing and the word on the grapevine is that Lalor’s been recruiting well. Lalor by 4.

Mernda vs Mustangs: Might head down to this game, Mustangs could make a game of this one in my humble opinion. Mernda have only been playing a half of footy and need to get some rhythm, hopefully Mernda, for their own sake win by 100+ comfortably but i can only see them winning by 40 points. Mustangs will surprise a lot of people, coaching staff at Mernda need to try some new things this week, bring in youth, make some changes because this is a game that they can do that, hopefully they realise this and capitalise on this opportunity. Mernda by 48.

Few ripper clashes this week

Kilmore Vs Turtles, Turtles can push their way towards the top 4 and Kilmore can put a nice gap between them.

West vs South, knocking of Laurimar was huge for west. South have been fantastic in both grades. This will be their first loss for me. South are due

Lalor vs Laurimar, outstanding effort by Lalor to get so close to West and Turtles who have beaten them easily in the past. Could this be the week they win one?? Laurimar have big injury concerns. Lalors recruits have been superb.

Mernda vs Mustangs, obviously Mernda have been the hype team and failed to deliver but haven’t been dominated all that much with admirable performances against most sides. I can’t see the Mustangs getting within 70

nice analysis

Kilmore by 22
South by 17
Laurimar by 10
Mernda by 120

Massive round this week, will set a lot of teams season up, here are my predictions:

Kilmore vs Turtles: Match of the round here in my opinion, Turtles will put in a shift but I can’t see Kilmore losing this one. Kilmore by 13.

West vs South: South 5-0, I think this one will be one of South’s closest games, big win last week for West but South will edge this one. Close game but South by 22.

Lalor vs Laurimar: Suprise of the round, upset looming here, I can see Lalor making a game of this one, Laurimar’s injury list is growing and growing and the word on the grapevine is that Lalor’s been recruiting well. Lalor by 4.

Mernda vs Mustangs: Might head down to this game, Mustangs could make a game of this one in my humble opinion. Mernda have only been playing a half of footy and need to get some rhythm, hopefully Mernda, for their own sake win by 100+ comfortably but i can only see them winning by 40 points. Mustangs will surprise a lot of people, coaching staff at Mernda need to try some new things this week, bring in youth, make some changes because this is a game that they can do that, hopefully they realise this and capitalise on this opportunity. Mernda by 48.
Lalor vs Laurimar: Suprise of the round, upset looming here, I can see Lalor making a game of this one, Laurimar’s injury list is growing and growing and the word on the grapevine is that Lalor’s been recruiting well

Lalor recruiting well?? Please amuse me and tell me who these players are as I have just looked and cant see any clearances of note !!!

I know the footballer who received the Yellow in the Reserves, hard and fair footballer - supposedly the incident was brought on by someone pulling in his beard in a bit of push and shove

Poor Reservoir, seem like they were on the end of the Turtle thugs. LOL
Just replying to what is being said, I'm far from saying poor Reservoir, this comes back to the old saying - There is always 2 sides to a story, and you'll find the truth in the middle somewhere

I'm sure Fletcher wouldn't be the easiest blokes to work with. My way or the highway.

Speaking to a Mernda person yesterday and she tells me the FF is out for the rest of the year.

Has the club guaranteed to clear both Kids of the U/19s coach surely they can't stay at Mernda.

what happened to the full forward?

(Log in to remove this ad.)

A two vs one?! What a load of rubbish. It was directly infront of the umpire. So if he 'received' anything, then the umpire would have reported the other player.
The ump saw the entire thing. First a punch and then a headbutt.
The poor kid came off the ground covered in blood.

It was 100% a 2vs1 I know because it happened right infront of my eyes and we were screaming at a fellow reservoir player to go in and help out his team mate, so theres that part of the story, the 17yo kid was bold enough to go and engage physically first, what he received in return wasnt a proportionate response, but maybe next time he wont poke the bear.

It was 100% a 2vs1 I know because it happened right infront of my eyes and we were screaming at a fellow reservoir player to go in and help out his team mate, so theres that part of the story, the 17yo kid was bold enough to go and engage physically first, what he received in return wasnt a proportionate response, but maybe next time he wont poke the bear.

What quarter and time did this happen?

You were clearly at the wrong game. I watched the entire thing unfold. The umpire put his report in and had no mention of a two on one. You would think there would be multiple reports if what you're saying is true. But nope, just a ressa guy going for 5 weeks. Very horrible day for ressa.

Who were the players involved? Shame to see this in local footy. Despicable conduct.

I hope the club has the balls to take action.

If a captain is doing this, should he be captain and by the sounds of TangoMango the Senior coach doesn’t really have an issue with it so should the coach stay the coach? If you want change at your club sometimes you have to make a stand.
Your talking about a club that played a guy with an ankle bracelet on... I wouldn’t hold my breathe.

I know it won’t happen but what happens if Mernda lose this week, let’s say it did, what would your reaction be? I personally think the club should just fold lol!

Just wants to play 2s I heard and also heard Sherman was going to play a few 2s games as well when Northern Knights allow him.
All the injuries have caught up with him unfortunately. Knees are busted. Takes him 3-4 days to recover each game and can’t get on the training track. Sherman won’t be playing 2’s lol

Remove this Banner Ad

NFNL Div 3 2021

Remove this Banner Ad

Back