NFNL Div 3 2021

Remove this Banner Ad

Any rumours around? TBH I don’t think Lalor is a bad job. Had quite a few competitive matches. Just need a coach who can bring 3 or 4 quality players.
I do not think 3 or 4 quality players will replace the ones expected to leave. When do applications close? Or there an imminent announcement?

Anyone have a read of this?
Apparently everyone was injured that's why they only won 4 games (3 against mustangs).
But thank God for the injuries so they were able to play the young blokes! Not because they actually have talent but because the rest of the list was injured and had no choice 🤷‍♂️
Apparently a few of the young blokes are on the way to new homes in 2022.
But I guess after making the bold statement "if we don't make finals it's a failure" they can find a silver lining from it.

I got very close sources at mernda and I’m being told there were no injuries that fletcher kept picking the young blokes as a way to save his job. Bloke hasn’t got a clue how to coach a pig to be dirty most of the list and coaches think of him too

On iPhone using BigFooty.com mobile app

I got very close sources at mernda and I’m being told there were no injuries that fletcher kept picking the young blokes as a way to save his job. Bloke hasn’t got a clue how to coach a pig to be dirty most of the list and coaches think of him too

On iPhone using BigFooty.com mobile app
Got any examples where best 22 players were played in the reserves to save his job?

King retired last season so assuming just an assistant coach non playing.

Smith not sure but must be quite frustrated with his continues injuries. Fantastic player if he gets going.
Smith been approached to coach Lalor? Maybe they can pay back some of the money they owed him as a player?

Smith been approached to coach Lalor? Maybe they can pay back some of the money they owed him as a player?
Think you’ll find that’s false . I remember reading or hearing all players were paid up to date when Ben Charles took over . Could be wrong but Ben will clarify when he can . Ben unlike many other clubs has told it as it is .

Wonder if Mernda will hold on to their 2 guys who made the team of the year?

Will be interesting with their re-signings now being posted
Looks like they've held onto team of the year players. Has Shan Smith stayed or gone for the cash at lalor. Here there's noise at sth morang, blokes being pd unders but with no promotion no pay rise

Looks like they've held onto team of the year players. Has Shan Smith stayed or gone for the cash at lalor. Here there's noise at sth morang, blokes being pd unders but with no promotion no pay rise
Yep that’s good for Mernda, both had great seasons!

Is that legit about Shannon smith coaching Lalor?

As for South there is a 60k salary cap how much room is there for pay rises? Just enjoy being part of a good side. If you want cash go to some crap side, they’ll pay you plenty.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Why wouldn't you write has
Shannon Smith left for the opportunity to coach a senior side. Rather than implying his greedy going for money.

Shannon Smith left for the opportunity to coach a senior side. Rather than implying his greedy going for money.
Spot on. His body looks like it’s struggling so if he wants to be a coach good on him! Not sure how many connections he has but if he can bring a few players and retain their list Lalor could go alright.

Think you’ll find that’s false . I remember reading or hearing all players were paid up to date when Ben Charles took over . Could be wrong but Ben will clarify when he can . Ben unlike many other clubs has told it as it is .
By the beginning of 2018 season, there wasn’t one player owed a cent - There would be many willing to attest to that... We cleared all debts before the first bounce.

what I will say is that one player met me half way on a promise (about $3-400 in total I think) and Nick Sandy generously donated 2 match payments back to the club because of the financial position.

Shannon Smith was never on a IOU list.

Last edited:
By the beginning of 2018 season, there wasn’t one player owed a cent - There would be many willing to attest to that... We cleared all debts before the first bounce.

what I will say is that one player met me half way on a promise (about $3-400 in total I think) and Nick Sandy generously donated 2 match payments back to the club because of the financial position.

Lalor could do worse than get him to coach them.

Great to hear. When can we expect a coaching announcement !

Lol I know for a fact this isn’t accurate. Ask why he went to craigieburn to begin with? Time does heal all wounds though and he would be a fantastic appointment and an upgrade from the last one.

Lol I know for a fact this isn’t accurate. Ask why he went to craigieburn to begin with? Time does heal all wounds though and he would be a fantastic appointment and an upgrade from the last one.
I’m sure you have your version of events… whoever you are - He went to Craigieburn for money we couldn’t match, we discussed that openly at the time… What “facts” do you have exactly…?

if he was owed money, it wasn’t during my time or on any records handed over - I’ve spoken to Shannon plenty of times since and it’s never been raised once.

He‘s a great guy and a Lalor junior - He has said several times he’d like to finish things off at Sydney Cres.

Last edited:
Swoopingtime you seem to know a little bit about mernda footy club can you confirm or deny ever players had to pay $10 to train ( Preseason ) & if true was it to pay for a few Sign on ?
& if it wasn’t for SOF , what was the $$$ for ? Heard it secondhand so not sure if the $10 fee is true or false just want your insight.

Swoopingtime you seem to know a little bit about mernda footy club can you confirm or deny ever players had to pay $10 to train ( Preseason ) & if true was it to pay for a few Sign on ?
& if it wasn’t for SOF , what was the $$$ for ? Heard it secondhand so not sure if the $10 fee is true or false just want your insight.
$10 a night? Surely not lol?

Mate I don't know much about the club at all, I have friends kids that play there and that's about it.

Remove this Banner Ad

NFNL Div 3 2021

Remove this Banner Ad

Back