NFNL Div 3 discussion 2022

Remove this Banner Ad

So was Fletcher actually reappointed?

The timing seems simply insane. Both grades are sitting 3rd last…. Middle of the season… no proper review or advertisement?
Yes, was announced to the playing group/members last Thursday night is my info. Mernda people better placed than those of us on here but seems a strange call as an outsider looking in. Maybe with their list they're realistic of where they are at, unlike when they let the previous coach go.

I'll preface this by saying it's purely a guess, albeit educated given they have history, I reckon Cameron Cloke finds his way there next year.

Yes, was announced to the playing group/members last Thursday night is my info. Mernda people better placed than those of us on here but seems a strange call as an outsider looking in. Maybe with their list they're realistic of where they are at, unlike when they let the previous coach go.

I'll preface this by saying it's purely a guess, albeit educated given they have history, I reckon Cameron Cloke finds his way there next year.
latemail not sure they let the previous coach go, think it was more like a coup to see him go. Worst thing Mernda did was getting rid of Desi.

Can’t believe you would re-appoint current coach without going out to the market to see what is available, maybe they are smarter than us and realised they would have no applicants.

Not sure Cloke to the answer either, badly hurt his hamstring earlier in the year and played on one leg in first game back on Saturday for Templestowe. From all reports was limping running onto the ground at start of game and didn’t move from the goal square.

Mernda have been saying they have a great bunch of kids coming through (there words not mine) and can’t see how recruiting Cloke would be of an benefit when he takes games away from one of those young kids

latemail not sure they let the previous coach go, think it was more like a coup to see him go. Worst thing Mernda did was getting rid of Desi.

Can’t believe you would re-appoint current coach without going out to the market to see what is available, maybe they are smarter than us and realised they would have no applicants.

Not sure Cloke to the answer either, badly hurt his hamstring earlier in the year and played on one leg in first game back on Saturday for Templestowe. From all reports was limping running onto the ground at start of game and didn’t move from the goal square.

Mernda have been saying they have a great bunch of kids coming through (there words not mine) and can’t see how recruiting Cloke would be of an benefit when he takes games away from one of those young kids
Me saying let go was a nicer way of saying sacked. Don't think they were realistic in their expectations at the time as thought he'd done a good job with the players he had.

Hope they continue to play the kids that have talent, definitely no quick fix. I'm not saying Cloke is the answer, just a suspicion he ends up there 👍

No idea why you reappoint someone at this stage of the year when your third last and have the worst culture in the league. It makes zero sense, then again that’s why they are where they are.

Round 12

Reservoir (7th 2-9) vs Mernda (6th 4-7) Another tough week for both teams last week with 180 and 35 point losses respectively. Mernda will look to get there 5th win for the season and will be too strong. Mernda by 79 points

Heidelberg West (5th 5-6) vs Kilmore (4th 7-4). West would have been bitterly disappointed last week in leading Laurimar well into the last quarter. Paton and Vellios (5 goals for the round and 30 for the year) lead from the front. For Kilmore they got back on the winners list with a 133 point win over Lalor. They do lose Taylor-Egan (equal 2nd in coaches votes) this week. For West to make finals they need to win this week, I think they can spring the upset. West by 7 points

Lalor (8th 0-11) vs Sth Morang (2nd 8-3). Another big loss last week for Lalor and doesn’t get any easier with Sth Morang coming to visit Lalor reserve. Cawsey can hold his head high but against the depth of Sth Morang it won’t be enough. Sth Morang by 124 points

Laurimar (1st 10-1) vs Old Eltham (3rd 8-3). The power will look to reverse their round 1 loss to the turtles. Last weeks come from behind win will hold them in good stead. With Cecil, Arthur and Andrews leading from the front can the turtles get another important win. They do get Milne and Simpson back this week which helps. This shapes as a beauty, Power by 11 points.

Enjoy the footy

Round 12

Reservoir (7th 2-9) vs Mernda (6th 4-7) Another tough week for both teams last week with 180 and 35 point losses respectively. Mernda will look to get there 5th win for the season and will be too strong. Mernda by 79 points

Heidelberg West (5th 5-6) vs Kilmore (4th 7-4). West would have been bitterly disappointed last week in leading Laurimar well into the last quarter. Paton and Vellios (5 goals for the round and 30 for the year) lead from the front. For Kilmore they got back on the winners list with a 133 point win over Lalor. They do lose Taylor-Egan (equal 2nd in coaches votes) this week. For West to make finals they need to win this week, I think they can spring the upset. West by 7 points

Lalor (8th 0-11) vs Sth Morang (2nd 8-3). Another big loss last week for Lalor and doesn’t get any easier with Sth Morang coming to visit Lalor reserve. Cawsey can hold his head high but against the depth of Sth Morang it won’t be enough. Sth Morang by 124 points

Laurimar (1st 10-1) vs Old Eltham (3rd 8-3). The power will look to reverse their round 1 loss to the turtles. Last weeks come from behind win will hold them in good stead. With Cecil, Arthur and Andrews leading from the front can the turtles get another important win. They do get Milne and Simpson back this week which helps. This shapes as a beauty, Power by 11 points.

Enjoy the footy
Mernda over Mustangs by 160

South Morang over Lalor by 150 (better signs coming from Lalor at home games seem to be improving the margins from early in the season)

West over Kilmore by 1 point (for the sake of interest in the season)

Power over Turtles by 20 (Power too much leg speed all over the ground for Turtles who miss Rogers desperately in the middle)

West Vs Kilmore - Kilmore should take care of west here. 23 points

Any reason west are the only side in the NFNL who consistently have way more ins then outs? Is this a “tactic”? Surely not.. just post your side…

Laurimar VS turtles - Huge match for the Turtles if they want a top 2 spot. Laurimar sitting pretty on top. Turtles only side to knock them off this season and I reckon they’ll do it again 12 points

Other games obvious…

Mernda committee should be sacked if the go after Cloke he's too old too slow injury prone and $ hungry they would be better off going and scouting a couple or four good div 1 or edfl premier ressie players to top up your list , at least this would add to your depth being
ressie players they will a good dollar but not top dollar where Cloke from my guess from previous asking prices would be a min $1000 a game

Clloke is the saver of the coaches job just another selling pitch you would have to be blind Freddy not to work that t out

West Vs Kilmore - Kilmore should take care of west here. 23 points

Any reason west are the only side in the NFNL who consistently have way more ins then outs? Is this a “tactic”? Surely not.. just post your side…

Laurimar VS turtles - Huge match for the Turtles if they want a top 2 spot. Laurimar sitting pretty on top. Turtles only side to knock them off this season and I reckon they’ll do it again 12 points

Other games obvious…
Possibly the emergencies are included? Why would you lose sleep over it

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Seemed like a cracker out at Laurimar with another close clash between these sides. 4 and 1 point victories to Old Eltham this year

West keep their chances alive although Kilmores fixture makes it near impossible to miss finals. Guessing some sickness went through the club? Their ressies are top and well beaten by West who are close to the bottom…

Seemed like a cracker out at Laurimar with another close clash between these sides. 4 and 1 point victories to Old Eltham this year

West keep their chances alive although Kilmores fixture makes it near impossible to miss finals. Guessing some sickness went through the club? Their ressies are top and well beaten by West who are close to the bottom…
The old 6 week flu for Kilmore you reckon?
Mernda 25 point Loss
Laurimar 42 point loss
Old Eltham 8 point win
South Morang 34 point loss
Lalor 133 point win
Heid West 46 point loss

The old 6 week flu for Kilmore you reckon?
Mernda 25 point Loss
Laurimar 42 point loss
Old Eltham 8 point win
South Morang 34 point loss
Lalor 133 point win
Heid West 46 point loss
Just going off the ressies results and notable players missing such as Ryall and BTE.

But yep they are in very poor form.

West are in great form. If they can make finals they’ll be a hand full

Just going off the ressies results and notable players missing such as Ryall and BTE.

Interesting 2 players can hurt depth so much.

West seniors - 40 players used
Kilmore seniors - 34 players used
West reserves - 58 players used
Kilmore reserves - 41 players used

Looks like one team has been hurt more with injuries than the other

Kilmore are in a world of hurt if 3 injuries to senior players results in that form line. If that was Mernda there would be supporters screaming for fletchers blood.

Interesting 2 players can hurt depth so much.

West seniors - 40 players used
Kilmore seniors - 34 players used
West reserves - 58 players used
Kilmore reserves - 41 players used

Looks like one team has been hurt more with injuries than the other
Surely clubs aren’t using injuries as an excuse at this time of year. It takes a squad to win a premiership at any level.

Remove this Banner Ad

NFNL Div 3 discussion 2022

Remove this Banner Ad

Back