NFNL Div 3 discussion 2023

Remove this Banner Ad

Practice matches this weekend
Mernda vs Oak Park - away
Heid West vs Old Paradians - away
Lalor vs Masala - away
Laurimar vs Craigieburn @ Laurimar
Kinglake vs Roxy Park @ Kinglake ((Sunday)
Old Eltham vs Healesville @away (Sunday)
Fitzroy Stars vs ???
Reservoir vs ???
Kilmore vs ???

Mernda could've finished third last year if they got to play Lalor and Reservoir a few more times.
Promises Promises no such excuses this year with a fair fixture for all clubs.
Mernda would be wanting to play finals this year after 2 poor years with 7-11 and 4-8 records, all of those wins bar 2 have come against Reservoir and Lalor so would be thinking 3rd year, pressure will be on

Mernda would be wanting to play finals this year after 2 poor years with 7-11 and 4-8 records, all of those wins bar 2 have come against Reservoir and Lalor so would be thinking 3rd year, pressure will be on

Just lucky they got a SuperCoach I reckon

Sent from my iPhone using BigFooty.com

Kilmore are thanking their lucky stars that Paul Derrick fell in their lap to take over the reigns from Nathan Phillips. A seamless transition.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

The most pressure will be on the Power IMO.
Not having a suburb and promising so much last season, only to fail.
Looks like whoever wins, will need to earn it.
Ultimate Wingman I think the Power did a great job last year, most experts had Sth Morang winning the flag. I am sure they will want to replicate making finals first and then winning a flag.

For me teams like Mernda who have promised so much but have had two woeful seasons, there is massive pressure on the coach, coaching staff and players to have a successful season

Pressure also on Heidelberg West to break their senior final appearance drought, they went close last year and with a few good recruits, can they push for that elusive finals spot

Pressure on the Turtles, have recruited some experienced players but not having a junior club always makes it hard, if they do win and go to Division 2, will all those players stay and go up or will we have a reservoir type situation where they all either leave or retire.

All clubs have some pressure on them

Ultimate Wingman I think the Power did a great job last year, most experts had Sth Morang winning the flag. I am sure they will want to replicate making finals first and then winning a flag.

For me teams like Mernda who have promised so much but have had two woeful seasons, there is massive pressure on the coach, coaching staff and players to have a successful season

Pressure also on Heidelberg West to break their senior final appearance drought, they went close last year and with a few good recruits, can they push for that elusive finals spot

Pressure on the Turtles, have recruited some experienced players but not having a junior club always makes it hard, if they do win and go to Division 2, will all those players stay and go up or will we have a reservoir type situation where they all either leave or retire.

Yep, no club will be given a free pass for poor performance besides the bottom 2.

Pressure all over

Absolutely there is pressure on at all clubs. Laurimar and Turtles would be clear favourites and for either side there is pressure to get it done.

Kilmore haven’t won a final but have had a good crack at it over the last few year. With a few moving on or retiring and a new coach there is still enough quality there and youth to suggest they should be aiming to win a final again.

West haven’t played finals is god knows when so every year they don’t play finals the pressure builds.

Fitzroy Stars are coming down from Div 2 and have recruited well but the expectations would be to go back up quickly. They can’t afford to stay down for long

Kinglake played in a grand final in there previous league and to move leagues while they are contending and miss finals would be a disaster

Mernda have to be at boiling point. Moved on a coach because the performance didn’t stack up to where they thought they should be. New coach hasn’t seen any ground made but plenty of expensive recruits linked to the coach have come and gone.

Lalor would be under pressure to get back up the ladder. A team that was in the top couple of Div 2 not too long can’t be accepting of winless seasons.

Reservoir will be under pressure to stay above Lalor and keep picking up those wins and bridge the gap in the heavy losses.

No team has a free pass this year. No covid, no disadvantage in the fixture, no excuses. The best team will win the flag and the worst team will finish last.

It will be an intriguing season.

Remove this Banner Ad

NFNL Div 3 discussion 2023

Remove this Banner Ad

Back