NFNL Div 3 discussion 2023

Remove this Banner Ad

Willl be interesting if the rumours around Parade College wanting to join become fact.
What happens to OP if they do come in? Lalor may as well gobble up their thirds to play in their ones. Probably end up more competitive with them compared to whats currently being dished out

They had 65 players run through their thirds

What happens to OP if they do come in? Lalor may as well gobble up their thirds to play in their ones. Probably end up more competitive with them compared to whats currently being dished out

They had 65 players run through their thirds
The league need strict parameters for Lalor. Not “signed” players but consistent check ups on training numbers etc.

The league need strict parameters for Lalor. Not “signed” players but consistent check ups on training numbers etc.
10571z totally agree re NFNL taking more accountability to ensure that Lalor is viable in 2024.
Having 10,12 even 14 players doubling up can’t be sustained.
Ensure that all walkover fines have been paid as well )if they haven’t already been paid)

10571z totally agree re NFNL taking more accountability to ensure that Lalor is viable in 2024.
Having 10,12 even 14 players doubling up can’t be sustained.
Ensure that all walkover fines have been paid as well )if they haven’t already been paid)
I dont understand how fining a club for not fielding a side does anything other than make things tougher for the club.
taking money off a struggling club is not going To make footballers appear.

I dont understand how fining a club for not fielding a side does anything other than make things tougher for the club.
Morgs senior not sure what else you can do except fine them.
It impacts upon clubs who have got reserves players, no game means less canteen and beer sales if it is an away game for Lalor
I think first fine is only $250 but then it doubles each time you give one moving forward.
If a club can’t pay those fines, they have no way of recruiting players who are looking for $$
Clubs try to recruit on culture and play with mates but if they were only getting 6-8 to training as others have said on bigfooty then fining them is the least of Lalor’s problem

Because they want to deter clubs from doing it and make sure they turn over every possibly rock before simply conceding with no consequences.

While it seems harsh it effects the whole competition and its integrity, not to mention the bottom line of the oppo club if it’s a home game for them.

Clubs can’t just go into the year with no risk if they can’t hold up their end of the bargain.

Ok it's the business end of the season
I'm thinking Power will be too good for Mernda by a couple of goals, should be a cracker.
Then Sunday I'm going with the Lakers by less than a goal in another cracker of a game.
Would not be surprised if one or both go the other way. Hope the rain stays away.
Good luck to all.

Finals time and congratulations to Mernda, Laurimar, Kinglake and Old Eltham for making the 2023 finals series

2nd semi final Mernda vs Laurimar
Round 2: Mernda 12-14-86 Laurimar 11-12-78
Round 11: Laurimar 10-14-74 Mernda 6-6-42
Arch rivals battle to see who goes straight into the grand final, it currently sits at 1-1 between the sides this year.
For the Demon up forward it’s been Kimuliatis (38), Crouch (24), Smith (23), Bawden (23) and Edwards (22) in what has been a potent forward half. The clash between Morrison and Clarke/Leather will go along way in deciding tomorrows winner.
For the Power Cecil (28), Joel Lawson(25) and Mooney (25) will look to kick a winning score. Wilson and Thompson will look to give drive from the middle however so I think Bateman at CHB will hold the key to this game. If he can be a dominate force then it will help the Power to secure first spot in grand final. Laurimar by 19 points

1st semi final: Kinglake vs Old Eltham
Round 6: Old Eltham 9-7-61 Kinglake 2-9-21
Round 15: Kinglake 11-13-79 Old Eltham 10-11-71
Firstly congratulations to the Lakers in among finals first season back in NFNL. They make 5 changes and welcome back Adams, Douglas, Pywell, McAllister and McNamara which strengthens their side. Gilbert (38) and Pywell (38) have been the stars in the forward half for the Lakers but McNamara coming back in gives them that extra big target up forward and in the ruck.
Clarke and B Robinson have had terrific seasons and will look to continue this good form.
For Old Eltham it has been Williamson (63) and Milne (29) up forward that have lead the way but the Turtles only have two other players that have kicked more than 10 goals being Smith and Francis-Perkins. Can M Keys be the difference maker up forward for the Turtles like the Lakers are hoping with McNamara.
Francis-Perkins and Snowden have had great season and their battle with the Lakers onballers will be a tremendous battle
Toss of the coin, Lakers finished 2 games clear of Old Eltham so will go with the Lakers. Kinglake by 9 points

Mernda by 8 points
Eltham by 15 points

Good luck to all teams on the weekend 👍
Well done to the 4 who got in, hw bit unlucky, but left their run late. Think the Lakers should get turtles. Power v demons, seen them both a few times this year, at different times they are far & away better than rest. Will be a cracker of a game, less than 10pts either way. Think tomorrow's result will tell us who wins in 2wks

Laurimar to beat mernda by 21
The turtles to win by 12 points

Mernda to beat turtles by 62

Mernda to turn the tables in the grand final and win by 21
BOG Golledge

(Log in to remove this ad.)

What a match.

Mernda looked like they were going to snatch it but some huge grabs by Mooney and the rest is history.

Laurimar into their second GF in a row so well done to them. Mernda will be spewing they let that slip but there isn’t much separating those sides

What a match.

Mernda looked like they were going to snatch it but some huge grabs by Mooney and the rest is history.

Laurimar into their second GF in a row so well done to them. Mernda will be spewing they let that slip but there isn’t much separating those sides
Exactly, power owned it for 3/4quarters, then got a hell of scare in the last.

Any one hear Golledge hurt yesterday and in doubt for next weeks game against Old Eltham who were too good for the Lakers today

Exactly, power owned it for 3/4quarters, then got a hell of scare in the last.
Totally agree, a big scare when Mernda hit the front at about the 18 minute mark. Could of went either way in the last few minutes. Credit to Laurimar.
Both Mooney and Kimuliatis were huge for their sides on the scoreboard.
I know Golledge's name has already been mentioned from an injured point of view. The other player that came off injured for Mernda was Kai Turner. Important player I feel for their backline.

Turtles getting up today sets up a ripper for next weekend.

Totally agree, a big scare when Mernda hit the front at about the 18 minute mark. Could of went either way in the last few minutes. Credit to Laurimar.
Both Mooney and Kimuliatis were huge for their sides on the scoreboard.
I know Golledge's name has already been mentioned from an injured point of view. The other player that came off injured for Mernda was Kai Turner. Important player I feel for their backline.

Turtles getting up today sets up a ripper for next weekend.
Hadn’t heard about Turner but by all reports Golledge was very sore watching the games today
Might need a scan in his knee

Remove this Banner Ad

NFNL Div 3 discussion 2023

Remove this Banner Ad

Back