NFNL Div 3 discussion 2024

Remove this Banner Ad

Yep exactly, renowned for recruiting talent yarrambat. Hear rumours about free boomfit, fuel cards, regos paid for, etc. They obviously deny that but even if not true, look at last years Rep squads and best and fairest results in the 13s and 14s and you can see the talent they recruited this year. But again, would you rather play with a team that has multiple guns and guaranteed to make finals and be coached by people of the ilk of Boomer, shane Harvey, Blair Harvey, shawry, Tilly and Co. or stay at your local club, coached by someone’s old man who played 50 twos games and get hammered by yarrambat.
Hursty are hoping they keep recruiting rep players and guns as they will have some good juniors in a few years coming through.

Yep exactly, renowned for recruiting talent yarrambat. Hear rumours about free boomfit, fuel cards, regos paid for, etc. They obviously deny that but even if not true, look at last years Rep squads and best and fairest results in the 13s and 14s and you can see the talent they recruited this year. But again, would you rather play with a team that has multiple guns and guaranteed to make finals and be coached by people of the ilk of Boomer, shane Harvey, Blair Harvey, shawry, Tilly and Co. or stay at your local club, coached by someone’s old man who played 50 twos games and get hammered by yarrambat.
Hursty are hoping they keep recruiting rep players and guns as they will have some good juniors in a few years coming through.
Yes, well said. It's hard for kids & parents to knock back.
Although Hursty ended up with the alignment I still think there will be a lot that go to other clubs like Eltham, Greensborough and North Heidelberg.

I know finals have been moved but has anyone got an update on the ground out at Whittlesea
Would it now be playable after the recent good weather?

What will be the outcome when their kids are out of juniors at yarrambat ? Will they still support the club in same way they do now ? Was amazed to see that they have recovery sessions for any juniors during their finals there with proper recovery items . Bit over the top they are kids not afl players .

It's happened in both U14's and U15's and I'm sure it's happening throughout other age groups too. I'm sure they're not the only club to do it though but as mentioned previously by another poster, Boomer's academy is definitely helping them bring some talented kids in.
I guess they just want to be a junior powerhouse?
Now they have a 1pt alignment with Hurstbridge... it will be interesting to see in future years how many players go onto play at Hurstbridge from Yarrambat juniors.
Yes I agree it definitely will be interesting.

lol fuel cards??
Surely that’s not right???
That’s some commitment to Hursty if it’s true.

So having done some research on this, people ive spoken to contributing to the Yarrambat rumours, i thought id dive into the stats. Can only look at this years on the NFNL website but boys aged from u14/15 and 16 transfers to clubs this year as follows.
Eltham 18
Mont 16
Mernda 15
Yarrambat 12
Kilmore 12
Greens 8
D/Creek 8
WPL 7
Whittlesea 5
Mill Park 5
Epping 4
Hurstbridge 3
Laurimar 3

There are certainly clubs in front of Yarrambat who would benefit a lot more than them in getting kids of this age to their clubs and keeping them there. Eltham are clearly very good at it if you look at their current senior group. A very smart move.
I have no idea what kids are Rep players or might become rep players out of these numbers.
As for these rumours, has anyone actually come out with any proof about these enticements? Surely the league would be all over it if they thought it was happening?
Given other clubs are attracting more players of these age groups, (in 2024 anyway) what are the enticements to go to these other clubs?
I have no idea but thought id look at the stats.

identify the best opposition or rep squad players at 14/15yo get em in and then by senior age there 1 points.
heard a story from a work mate whos team in the northern 15s last year lost there best and only decent player to yarrambat mid season on the back of a few nice words over a free feed and a spot in the boomer academy
thats how you strengthen by weaking the opposition arund you.

My son is under 12s at a Div 1 club in the EDFL and has been asked through a couple of calls and a face to face to join a premier club next year.

Yes under 12s

Happening more and more now.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

My son is under 12s at a Div 1 club in the EDFL and has been asked through a couple of calls and a face to face to join a premier club next year.

Yes under 12s

Happening more and more now.
ffs what an absolute disgrace. i feel sorry for the kids whos parents actualy fall for it as im often wondering what message of parental conversation comes with this stuff.

They prey on the fact that there are a lot of Nuffy Parents out there
Even the non-nuffies, really concerning how many parents are so weak minded and get caught up in the play div 1/stronger team nonsense. Not sure how it can be alleviated. YJFL tried to put some rules in ie. cant play rep footy if switch to Div 1 team etc. shouted down by all the big clubs who benefit from the so called "super teams". Unfortunately will continue to happen. If Yarrambat join the YJFL can only see that having a negative impact on surrounding NFNL junior clubs.

Eltham have for years. Come play at Eltham give your son the best chance to play AFL. Look what we did for Bont. Is the common chat

They don't poach, that's just a fact.

They do promote themselves. When in the past few years you have produced players like Bontempelli, Zaharakis, Caddy, Vlaustin, Coffield, Lapinski and a few more I am not sure why would you not state those success stories.

Negligent not to if I am honest. A junior clubs aim is to fill teams, if you have had some success like they have, silly not to advertise properly.

Any parent that thinks moving clubs will guarantee draft success is the idiot. The pathways for juniors allows all clubs players a chance.

They do promote themselves. When in the past few years you have produced players like Bontempelli, Zaharakis, Caddy, Vlaustin, Coffield, Lapinski and a few more I am not sure why would you not state those success stories.

Negligent not to if I am honest. A junior clubs aim is to fill teams, if you have had some success like they have, silly not to advertise properly.

Any parent that thinks moving clubs will guarantee draft success is the idiot. The pathways for juniors allows all clubs players a chance.
Denny Crane totally agree to promote the clubs success with Bont etc but they don't poach, come on now, thats like saying Kangaroos are going to make the top 8, laughable!!

Just for the record my son won’t be leaving.
He’s loves his team mates and his club and he is happy where he is so there no need to move him at all.
Kids enjoyment and happiness always has to come first.
good on you and you child keilor abers and starthmore have been doing that for years glad to see someone knock them back

Yeah well that’s debatable if you look solely at current rep age boys. I did a check on that and it looks like at least 11 of the 18 boys transferred in were of Rep footy age. How many played Rep I have no idea but also looking at results late last night one of those teams was undefeated this year so looks like they have put together a rather impressive team.
Now exactly how do you define poaching?
But 11 new boys into the one team is pretty impressive.

Remove this Banner Ad

NFNL Div 3 discussion 2024

Remove this Banner Ad

Back