NFNL Div 3 discussion 2024

Remove this Banner Ad

They don't poach, that's just a fact.

They do promote themselves. When in the past few years you have produced players like Bontempelli, Zaharakis, Caddy, Vlaustin, Coffield, Lapinski and a few more I am not sure why would you not state those success stories.

Negligent not to if I am honest. A junior clubs aim is to fill teams, if you have had some success like they have, silly not to advertise properly.

Any parent that thinks moving clubs will guarantee draft success is the idiot. The pathways for juniors allows all clubs players a chance.
some promote some say poach.

Who are you promoting to? Kids playing different sports, Kids not currently playing Aussie rules, or kids currently playing high level footy at other clubs in the area??

Had a look at Mernda vs Parade. Parade looked very very good in large patches. Their forwards kicked some huge goals and really got the better of Mernda. Gilmore had some great moments and was just able to control the taps when the pressure rose. Mernda just couldn’t get going until very late where they got it back within 7.

The young Mernda ruckman looked to get injured, looked potentially pretty bad.

Lalor put on a good day, surface was great, plenty of bar and canteen staff, parking wasn’t that bad.

Had a look at Mernda vs Parade. Parade looked very very good in large patches. Their forwards kicked some huge goals and really got the better of Mernda. Gilmore had some great moments and was just able to control the taps when the pressure rose. Mernda just couldn’t get going until very late where they got it back within 7.

The young Mernda ruckman looked to get injured, looked potentially pretty bad.

Lalor put on a good day, surface was great, plenty of bar and canteen staff, parking wasn’t that bad.
Parade moved it well today, look like they set themselves for it.
Got the jump in the 1st quarter, in the end that was the difference.
$8.50 for a beer is getting a bit heavy, how much are the league getting out of that.
Canteen was good

Parade moved it well today, look like they set themselves for it.
Got the jump in the 1st quarter, in the end that was the difference.
$8.50 for a beer is getting a bit heavy, how much are the league getting out of that.
Canteen was good
Excuse me $8.50 for a beer?
Absolute disgrace. Current administration are bigger crooks than Floydy

8.50 for a beer. That’s disgusting a nearly through cut lunches when Bacchus Marsh were charging 6 fiddy

Great first week of finals for the OPs. Sensational to dig deep and win both finals in really close contests. Looking forward to watching some of the goals from the 1s game again especially. Some real class there 🟣 🟢 🔵

$8.50 beers is a bit of a stitch up though. Especially after handing over $17.50 to get in. It’s local footy.

Only downside on an otherwise ripping weekend. I’ll let others debate other aspects of the matches.

What happened with Williamson? He is Old Elthams leading goals kicker by goals per game but finishes the season in the 2s? And now the senior are gone he can't play next week because he played more than 50% in the seniors through out the year.

Out of interest, has there ever been any thought of a “club ticket” for finals? If you have a team on a Saturday and another on a Sunday, you’re now looking at $35 to go to community footy.

A discounted pass of some sort would encourage more supporters to get to both I reckon.

Out of interest, has there ever been any thought of a “club ticket” for finals? If you have a team on a Saturday and another on a Sunday, you’re now looking at $35 to go to community footy.

A discounted pass of some sort would encourage more supporters to get to both I reckon.
Welcome to the NFNL mappa

(Log in to remove this ad.)

some promote some say poach.

Who are you promoting to? Kids playing different sports, Kids not currently playing Aussie rules, or kids currently playing high level footy at other clubs in the area??
Looking at results from yesterday, Eltham 1pt stocks are looking mighty impressive!! Div 1 u15,16,17 boys Premiers.

They did a pass for the finals series but scrapped it.

Yes expensive weekends for Old Paradians who again will play Saturday and Sunday this weekend

They did a pass for the finals series but scrapped it.

Yes expensive weekends for Old Paradians who again will play Saturday and Sunday this weekend

Copped this before. Genuinely a joke in my opinion. Its cashing in for cashing ins sake.

I tried the finals pass years ago and that worked but they clearly need to bring it back or at least have a weekend ticket. They worry about people handing that around and costing them money but forget the mostly honest people just trying to support their club.

The upside is that you have teams in finals you can go and see :)

Well done on a great first week of NFNL finals for the Raiders, fantastic effort.

The upside is that you have teams in finals you can go and see :)

Well done on a great first week of NFNL finals for the Raiders, fantastic effort.
Raiders are in a good spot. Basically had 4 weeks prior to finals to rest and recover their players if required. Could be the difference?

There isn’t any reason Epping should be “smokies”. They smashed them last time.

Who is out for Mernda? I think Mazarella is back:
Mernda got double chance and were most people’s flag favourites. Epping snuck into finals on percentage. Hence my smokies tag, but again each to their own.

Coffey hurt his ankle and was on crutches and moon boot yesterday. Marshall looked very proppy as well. Mazarell is a handy in!

Last edited:
Mernda got double chance and were most people’s flag favourites. Epping snuck into finals on percentage. Hence my smokies tag, but again each to their own.

Coffey hurt his ankle yesterday and was on crutches and moon boot yesterday. Marshall looked very proppy as well. Mazarell is a handy in!
Fair enough. End of the day Mernda won 1 more game than Epping so not a lot splitting the sides realistically.

Epping every chance you would think.

Spoke to a Old Eltham Committee member after the reserve grade qualifying final on Saturday
Williamson Blacklisted by the coaches after a disagreement
Not much love for him or Macaffer down there at the moment
Be interesting to see whether they’re still at the club in 2025!

Spoke to a Old Eltham Committee member after the reserve grade qualifying final on Saturday
Williamson Blacklisted by the coaches after a disagreement
Not much love for him or Macaffer down there at the moment
Be interesting to see whether they’re still at the club in 2025!
Why would Macaffer be on the outter has been outstanding for them on field.

Remove this Banner Ad

NFNL Div 3 discussion 2024

Remove this Banner Ad

Back