NFNL Div 3 discussion 2024

Remove this Banner Ad

Spoke to a Old Eltham Committee member after the reserve grade qualifying final on Saturday
Williamson Blacklisted by the coaches after a disagreement
Not much love for him or Macaffer down there at the moment
Be interesting to see whether they’re still at the club in 2025!
Ill take things that didn’t happen for $1000 thanks

I happen to trust my source
Seems you are in & around old eltham from your posts
Can you shed some light on why one of the divisions best forwards is playing reserves football?
Why don’t you ask your trusted source? Played at the turtles for a very long time but now just a spectator. Can’t speak on the Williamson situation but I know for a fact the coaching staff are very happy with Caff

Why don’t you ask your trusted source? Played at the turtles for a very long time but now just a spectator. Can’t speak on the Williamson situation but I know for a fact the coaching staff are very happy with Caff
Arthur you would probably be the one that knows most about Williamsons situation let’s be honest here.

It does take a rocket scientist to look into the turtles losing streak and Williamson lack of performance having a correlation. Upto the HW loss Williamson had kicked 21 in 6 games. He then kicked:
HW - 1
OP - 0
Kilmore - 1
FS - 2
Kinglake - 1

5 goals, 5 games, 5 losses. Huge change up and from R12 onwards he was never seen in the seniors again. Even though Williamson can’t play next week for the rezzies at least Gill is back.

Was told that Macaffer wouldn’t be at the club this year if it wasn’t for Williamson?

So you’re close enough to the coaches to know how they feel about a player but not close enough to know why Williamson is playing reserves?
Interesting take, I guess I’ll take your word for it :)

Was told that Macaffer wouldn’t be at the club this year if it wasn’t for Williamson?

So you’re close enough to the coaches to know how they feel about a player but not close enough to know why Williamson is playing reserves?
Interesting take, I guess I’ll take your word for it :)
As stated played at the club for a long time so yes I am close to a lot of the coaches. Not around as much now and I don’t make it my business to know everything that goes on at the club. So no I don’t know the full Williamson story and if I did I wouldn’t be plastering it all over Bigfooty. I know that they speak very highly of Caff though

Champ or Chump does otten taking the reigns at Pies VFL mean he might not play next year?

Not sure as yet CD. Andy advised us what was happening a while back but it's too early to know what that looks like for us next year. Would love to have him for another 7 games or so like this year, but bloody wrapt for him to get the gig as a cracking fella and will make a great coach - IMO.

Hopefully he has about 7 players that need a club to play at if not selected in the VFL :cool:

Last edited:
Not sure as yet CD. Andy advised us what was happening a while back but it's too early to know what that looks like for us next year. Would love to have him for another 7 games or so like this year, but bloody wrapt for him to get the gig as a cracking fella and will make a great coach - IMO.

Hopefully he has about 7 players that need a club to play at if not selected in the VFL :cool:
Don't let "kickthething" find out, toys will be out of the cot again!

Unrelated but how has your women’s side found the NFNL? Obviously in the grand final is great but compared on the VAFA how have they found the comp?

I happen to trust my source
Seems you are in & around old eltham from your posts
Can you shed some light on why one of the divisions best forwards is playing reserves football?
Might be time for turtles to move past washed up Div 2 players and Eltham rejects and try to recruit youth going forward will never get out of Div 3 or be a serious threat when they recruit super rules players and play on a swamp every 2nd week.

Might be time for turtles to move past washed up Div 2 players and Eltham rejects and try to recruit youth going forward will never get out of Div 3 or be a serious threat when they recruit super rules players and play on a swamp every 2nd week.
absolutely, i see this as a huge stumbling block for the Turtles, no Juniors and have really struggled to attract young players to the club.
The ground is a massive issue for them i think.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Remove this Banner Ad

NFNL Div 3 discussion 2024

Remove this Banner Ad

Back