Nick Naitanui's debut!

Remove this Banner Ad

i know you shouldn't judge after one game - but to me tonight showed that he is a ruckman through and through - who may rest forward.

However a key forward he won't be. I know he wasn't drafted as one- but we always hope

that 4th quarter tap where he leapt over his opponent and then landed, swooped and got the clearance - fantastic.

Also - how clean were his hands - i was super impressed with Walters last week - but NicNat matched him

He showed great signs for you guys tonight. I thought you guys should've just plonked it into his area so he could have a leap at it when in the FW line. No offense but some of the delivery was pretty trash into your forward line tonight... he looked dangeroous whenever he was near it. Great debut, will be a cult hero for sure.

im sure this young fella is going to excite you guys for a long time...at the moment he looks just as likely to balls it up than do something exhilarating...he'll learn pretty quick as his skills improve under pressure I can see him as a better follower than KPP the open spaces with quick handballs will be his stock and trade..cheers:thumbsu:

great athlete...but really nothing but a showbag atm...hope he can get footy smart then he will be a star...good signs tho :thumbsu:

I am very excited about Naita!

He definitely needs to improve his kicking but he is such an athlete and I don't think there has been anyone before thats been quite like him.

Yep, that mark certainly indicated that this boy has some serious x-factor and is an exciting prospect.

Given some time to develop, he looks like he will provide plenty of joy for weagles fans in the coming years.

Just got back from the game. God this kid is going to be a superstar. He moves like a big cat. I iwould be very, very excited if I were you guys. He is going to be the biggest excitement machine since Buddy. We are all going to enjoy watching Nat for the next 12 years.
Masten was very good as well. Future looks pretty good.
All the best.

Just got back from the game. God this kid is going to be a superstar. He moves like a big cat. I iwould be very, very excited if I were you guys. He is going to be the biggest excitement machine since Buddy. We are all going to enjoy watching Nat for the next 12 years.
Masten was very good as well. Future looks pretty good.
All the best.

Didn't read, boobs are epic.

I'm just amazed at how he controls the ball and picks it up with ease...

Marking was good tonight aswell, he's a pretty good decision maker aswell and actually a really good handballer. Kicking needs a bit of work though.

Wow what promise he showed us tonight in the amount of time he played. Good ruck taps, wonderful 1%''s, good marking.

Amazing he will get better! can't wait to see him play at Subi in 2 weeks.

Superstar.

I went tonight and I was more excited about seeing him rather than Vickery or Cousin v WCE.

Melbourne must be feeling sick. West Coast (NicNat) and Brisbane (Rich) have got the two absolute gems out of the 2008 draft. He will be sensational, better than Watts!

Also, Swift will be a decent player also. :thumbsu:

We were sitiing right behing the West Coast bench. Simply could not believe the size of him, and then to watch that leap in action in person.

I'm glad we sisn't have pick #1 last year because we would've had tp take Watts. Thiskid could be ANYTHING.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

We were sitiing right behing the West Coast bench. Simply could not believe the size of him, and then to watch that leap in action in person.

I'm glad we sisn't have pick #1 last year because we would've had tp take Watts. Thiskid could be ANYTHING.

Nup, Worsfold was always going to take Naita, if available, IMO.

Nup, Worsfold was always going to take Naita, if available, IMO.
Fair enough.

I remember hearing something about us saying we would've taken Watts if available, but that might have been in response to the assumption that we would take Rich if Melb took Nicknat.

Fair enough.

I remember hearing something about us saying we would've taken Watts if available, but that might have been in response to the assumption that we would take Rich if Melb took Nicknat.

Just the whispers I heard around Basso from midway thorugh last year. Did you hear Worsfold talk him up during the week? He's going to do 1 or 2 awesome things a match, we'll just need to make that higher? I've never heard Worsfold talk anyone up like this before.

Not drunk enough......

Damn Carlton Mid at the footy. And a bit stressed around here ATM

That's understandable with some of the thread titles I haven't dared look into.:D

Unless he burns out in a major way I think it's unanimous we all think he should stay in the side for the remainder of the year.
It'll be the only way he'll get used to the speed of AFL and the confidence that he "belongs"
He "is" the game.

Ok im jealous. Just imagine how much more improvement he has :eek::eek::eek::eek: it will be lots. I want him at Geelong, im sure he will become my favourite non cat player one day. Just add some more aggression, mongrel and determination. Next year is somethin to look forward to, get a pre season into him please, i wanna see him at full fitness.

Ill be watching more Eagles games now and prob attending some more. Enjoy this one, but im sure you lot don't need to be told :thumbsu:

Just add some more aggression, mongrel and determination. Next year is somethin to look forward to, get a pre season into him please, i wanna see him at full fitness.

I guess you didn't hear about how he tackled a guy, and the guy came out second best while coughing blood :p

Also about how the point post will never be the same again after Naitanui was done with it..

He has aggression, I just think he wasted most of his energy today because of nerves, just wait till he gets settled, you will see more of the Leon Davis in him

love watcing him>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>
le cras
cotchin
good game!!

Remove this Banner Ad

Nick Naitanui's debut!

Remove this Banner Ad

Back