SouthSwans

Norm Smith Medallist
Mar 29, 2005
Glen Iris, Victoria
AFL Club
Sydney
Other Teams
Bushrangers, Liverpool, Celtics
Coach Tim Nielsen hits out at 'uneducated opinions' as criticism of Australia team grows - Cricket Australia
Coach Tim Nielsen has launched a vehement attack on all the "uneducated opinions" being directed at the under-fire Australia cricket team. Nielsen concedes the recent 2-1 one-day series defeat to Sri Lanka was poor, but believes the criticism of Australia's preparations for the Ashes and reports of infighting within the team are totally unfounded.
Uneducated? :rolleyes:
Prior to the win in the 3rd ODI vs Sri Lanka;
Nine losses in our last 11 international fixtures and no wins since 1st Test v Pakistan in July.

We can only base our opinions on facts Timmy....

Hah! You know when someone loses the plot and starts launching non-sensical and ridiculous tirades at anyone and everyone - insulting their intelligence in the process, that the reign is coming to a very abrupt end.

as a guy whose played district cricket (albeit for a short time) i feel i'm educated enough to have an opinion

YOU'RE UTTER CRAP NEILSEN, AND THE SOONER YOUR BOYS CLUB ****S OFF THE BETTER!

ahh i feel better now

also, this picture best describes my feelings on selection at the present moment

sp_1303_15.jpg

To be fair to Neilsen his comments were simply about the supposed disharmony and infighting within the team about Clarke and the captains role etc.
Not the place for that.:D

Tim Nielsen and former Essendon Coach Matthew Knights have something in common. Their coaching contracts were extended before their contracts were up for review.

Tim Nielsen is the wrong man for the Australian coaching job. Cricket Australia appointed the wrong man for the job to rebuild the Australian test team.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Australian cricket has become decadent and conceited.

yeah its ironic cos usually those traits go with success and dominance, of which we have very little. we're like the ugly chick who's all up herself cos she thinks everyone wants to do her

we're not good enough to have this arrogant fortress mentality.

http://blogs.cricinfo.com/myashes/archives/2010/11/the_club_with_no_ears.php

Have a read of this - excellent article, highlighting the relevant issues.

Nah, could've been half-decent, but like most cricket-writers, the bloke is so far up his own arse he fails to make his points.

Lost me totally at the Langer stuff - JL was asked who the scariest bowler he ever faced was, and said Shoab; pathetic to suggest he's denigrating every other quick in history as a result.

http://blogs.cricinfo.com/myashes/archives/2010/11/the_club_with_no_ears.php

Have a read of this - excellent article, highlighting the relevant issues.

You reckon?

The aussie team has flaws for sure - but that article was crap.

It bagged Ponting's comments about Lawson as saying the players direspect past players.

That's a load of crap.

Players have been bagging Neil Harvey since the day he retired across all generations - does that now mean every player in 70 years has been disrespectful? Hardly.

Lawson is a bloke who was constantly bagging CA for not playing in Pakistan saying that it was perfectly safe and that fears were bordering on lunacy. Then when a terrorist group struck - acted as though it was the biggest surprise since "The Crying Game". The guy is a clown.

You reckon?

The aussie team has flaws for sure - but that article was crap.

It bagged Ponting's comments about Lawson as saying the players direspect past players.

That's a load of crap.

Players have been bagging Neil Harvey since the day he retired across all generations - does that now mean every player in 70 years has been disrespectful? Hardly.

Lawson is a bloke who was constantly bagging CA for not playing in Pakistan saying that it was perfectly safe and that fears were bordering on lunacy. Then when a terrorist group struck - acted as though it was the biggest surprise since "The Crying Game". The guy is a clown.

The angle I was looking at was the insular way Ricky deals with criticism. I don't necessarily agree with Lawson but he's entitled to his opinion - be it right or wrong.

If the criticism is valid - does it matter who it comes from?

Using that scenario - Why would they listen to Nielsen? He never played Test Cricket.

The angle I was looking at was the insular way Ricky deals with criticism. I don't necessarily agree with Lawson but he's entitled to his opinion - be it right or wrong.

If the criticism is valid - does it matter who it comes from?

Using that scenario - Why would they listen to Nielsen? He never played Test Cricket.

Troy Cooley was credited with playing a major role in England winning the Ashes for the first time in 16 years - he hadn't played a test either.

Secondly - if someone you don't respect makes an opinion - i wouldn't respond to it regardless.

I'm sure there's plenty of blokes they respect and listen to - but ultimately in cricket you have to walk your own path. As soon as you start getting too many people in your ears - you are gone.

Troy Cooley was credited with playing a major role in England winning the Ashes for the first time in 16 years - he hadn't played a test either.

Secondly - if someone you don't respect makes an opinion - i wouldn't respond to it regardless.

I'm sure there's plenty of blokes they respect and listen to - but ultimately in cricket you have to walk your own path. As soon as you start getting too many people in your ears - you are gone.

Couldn't agree more - but the best way would be to not respond at all.

Couldn't agree more - but the best way would be to not respond at all.

He was asked a question - it isn't as though he volunteered the statement in a press conference.

People often forget how much of a boys club Steve Waug ran. He was big on backing blokes in - coming out in press conferences telling them all how wonderful JL is.

What happens next? Langer finds form and was critical for 5/6 years in our side.

Ponting is trying to do the same I reckon - but the blokes aren't as talented.

The main issue with us winning is talent on the park - the side isn't as good as the one before it - and hence doesn't produce the same result.

In another thread I talked about the best 4 quicks in the country at the moment - the reality - maybe only one of those would have gone even close to getting a game in our dominant era.

The fact that people are considering White or Ferguson as potential for a test spot just shows how low the talent is. In terms of batting those blokes aren't good enough to tie the bootlaces of blokes like Love, Maher, Siddons, Law etc etc All blokes who couldn't crack a test spot.

He was asked a question - it isn't as though he volunteered the statement in a press conference.

People often forget how much of a boys club Steve Waug ran. He was big on backing blokes in - coming out in press conferences telling them all how wonderful JL is.

What happens next? Langer finds form and was critical for 5/6 years in our side.

The main issue with us winning is talent on the park - the side isn't as good as the one before it - and hence doesn't produce the same result.

In another thread I talked about the best 4 quicks in the country at the moment - the reality - maybe only one of those would have gone even close to getting a game in our dominant era.

The fact that people are considering White or Ferguson as potential for a test spot just shows how low the talent is. In terms of batting those blokes aren't good enough to tie the bootlaces of blokes like Love, Maher, Siddons, Law etc etc All blokes who couldn't crack a test spot.

I was thinking about this the other day, and I reckon Waugh had one crucial difference. Yes he would back the players to the hilt, but he would also demand a lot of them. Waugh would back a batter, but then late in the day when a wicket fell Waugh wouldn't let them dodge their responsibilities and send a night watchmen in. They would have to go out and perform.

Over the last few years, the players have been backed, but they haven't been held responsible for their performances.

crash craddock wrote a good article saying 20 years ago blokes could not get near a test with averages over 50 and 60,now days all the young blokes get talked up averaging 35 to 45 for 1 or 2 years not 5.fact is we just dont have enough of a talent pool any more.

Remove this Banner Ad

Nielsen launches tirade at critics

Remove this Banner Ad

Back