Border Gavaskar Trophy, India v Australia, 2nd Test 17-21 Feb, 1430hrs at Delhi

Who will win?

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

Remove this Banner Ad

I don't understand why you'd want your own team/country to get flogged. I disagree with some of the selections this series too but once the XI is out on the park it's time to get behind your country.
Because I hate the team. They are uninspiring and boring and smashing absolute dog shits teams in Australia isn't interesting to watch at all.

Shouldn't matter who they represent if they're the best man for the job, those are the best 2 all rounders in the country, if you disagree then you haven't been watching much cricket
You've literally advocated for nearly every West Australian player throughout this thread. Green, Agar, Inglis, Morris, Hardie, Bancroft, Jhye.

Your state based bias is painfully obvious.

Age was another reason I wanted Inglis over Carey, only 27 right now

Hardie needs to be fast tracked, Jhye is waiting in the wings for when Starc is finished

Would have played agar over Murphy if that's how the selectors were thinking

Boland would have been picked ahead of Neser based on this

Fly Hardie over and play green and hardie

Without cummins

You've literally advocated for nearly every West Australian player throughout this thread. Green, Agar, Inglis, Morris, Hardie, Bancroft, Jhye.

Is there any players left in the WA side for him to want in the side, and don't forget him wanting Turner as well albeit not in a test side. Poor Whiteman and co must be saying "jeez I've been screwed not even in the 8 chances"

People have to take a step back and realise we've had a poor two tests we have, but the external things with Cummins surely has not helped. There is still 2 tests to go and this coming test is the one venue that should suit us, why can't we get a result there? Not as if Boland isn't a good quick.

Watching the England team vs our current team just shows how boring and crap we are. Aggressive declarations vs Cummins wait till the last possible second and run out of time declarations. Attacking fields and confident mindsets vs what can we change to be competitive in India. Instead of trying to be the best Australian team we can be, we try and beat India at what they do best.

Hope we get destroyed again. This Australian cricket team is the most who gives a s**t Aussie team I've seen in a long time in any sport.
Nah last time I watched Aus v eng...head was smashing hundreds in a session ...and cummins and green where knicking off Root for fun ...so no we are not boring

Why do you hope we get destroyed again??? I would love for us to fight back ..someone ton up would be good to see

Is there any players left in the WA side for him to want in the side, and don't forget him wanting Turner as well albeit not in a test side. Poor Whiteman and co must be saying "jeez I've been screwed not even in the 8 chances"

People have to take a step back and realise we've had a poor two tests we have, but the external things with Cummins surely has not helped. There is still 2 tests to go and this coming test is the one venue that should suit us, why can't we get a result there? Not as if Boland isn't a good quick.
Yeah I noticed all those when I was going back through his posts. I was actually expecting him to suggest Teague Wyllie should be flown over for experience.

Yeah I noticed all those when I was going back through his posts. I was actually expecting him to suggest Teague Wyllie should be flown over for experience.

Look some do have merit, but really apart from Warner, who is in danger going into the Ashes? None is the answer. Jyhe may be in the extended squad if fit but I reason you and I could pick an Ashes squad tomorrow and we'd get every selection right. Test cricket is not for development that's what shield cricket is for. After the Ashes lets hope those players have another 12 months of form to press their case for higher honours.

I'd rather Head bowled a bit and we play Boland...Kuhnemann is nowhere near up to it imo.
Providing Murphy has fully recovered from his side niggle I think our bowling lineup looks ok, not to mention our tail is 300% better

They are all in and around the squad? They are some of the countries best players

Agar, was just saying if the selectors wanted a stronger tail then they would have picked agar over murphy, wasn't advocating for him, was using it as a reference point on Boland getting picked over neser...

Green, literally everyone wants him in

Bancroft, arguably the form player of the summer? Scoring massive scorers at shield, even then I'm pretty sure I was only nomming him over harris

Morris, is in the squad, haven't suggested him too much tbh but that's a fair call?

Jhye, that's just future talk for when starc is retired, I'm pretty sure most have jhye pegged as the replacement strike Bowler if he overcomes injury, not relevant to this discussion now though

Hardie is the best all rounder in the shield, I'll continue to back him until he gets a shot

Inglis, was clearly a 50/50 with Carey a couple years ago, so it's a fair comment?

It's weird criticise when you pick out the top talent that WA has and they've all been in or around the team team in the past 2 years (arguably barring Hardie but he has been doing A tours)

I wasn't asking for Whiteman, not marsh, not Wyllie, not Kelly, not Paris, not Dorf, not stoin, not short, not rochy, not fanning, not turner, you get the point

We are talking about the top performed players in the shield here or players already in the squad, sick of hearing this BS about it just being from WA

I've listed some of the "other" players in the other comment, I never even asked for Whiteman so that's weird you've brought him up

Turner is a fair call in T20, if you look at Wade leaving the side then turned can play his role, we are also searching for a captain and he has experience, that's not for this thread though, I hadn't suggested turner until he was brought up by the other poster

Well then you'd have no clue obviously, Teague is nowhere near the test side, he doesn't have the runs on the board and is only a youngster

I've only suggested players that have put together multiple seasons and have been in or around the test side, the elite talent that is getting results at shield level

(Log in to remove this ad.)

They are all in and around the squad? They are some of the countries best players

Agar, was just saying if the selectors wanted a stronger tail then they would have picked agar over murphy, wasn't advocating for him, was using it as a reference point on Boland getting picked over neser...

Bancroft, arguably the form player of the summer? Scoring massive scorers at shield, even then I'm pretty sure I was only nomming him over harris

Morris, is in the squad, haven't suggested him too much tbh but that's a fair call?

Jhye, that's just future talk for when starc is retired, I'm pretty sure most have jhye pegged as the replacement strike Bowler if he overcomes injury, not relevant to this discussion now though

Hardie is the best all rounder in the shield, I'll continue to back him until he gets a shot

Inglis, was clearly a 50/50 with Carey a couple years ago, so it's a fair comment?

It's weird criticise when you pick out the top talent that WA has and they've all been in or around the team team in the past 2 years (arguably barring Hardie but he has been doing A tours)

I wasn't asking for Whiteman, not marsh, not Wyllie, not Kelly, not Paris, not Dorf, not stoin, not short, not rochy, not fanning, not turner, you get the point

We are talking about the top performed players in the shield here or players already in the squad, sick of hearing this BS about it just being from WA
You have reeled off all these players and surprise surprise, all in WA. As LukeParkerNo1 stated, no one in the current test side apart from Warner is really in danger of losing their spot or missing out on the Ashes so your WA cheerleading makes zero sense. Carey is not losing his spot to Inglis. Hardie is not close at this stage and no need for a second all rounder. Jhye has been injured for a long time. No one was picking Agar. Only the world's biggest optimist/staunch West Australian supporter would be contemplating selecting Agar

Yes WA has some talent. But you appear extremely one-eyed and over eager in your desire to push them forward at the expense of others who are not going to lose their spot.

Well then you'd have no clue obviously, Teague is nowhere near the test side, he doesn't have the runs on the board and is only a youngster

I've only suggested players that have put together multiple seasons and have been in or around the test side, the elite talent that is getting results at shield level
Ummm... might want to read my post again. Hopefully you notice my tongue in the side of my cheek this time..

You have reeled off all these players and surprise surprise, all in WA. As LukeParkerNo1 stated, no one in the current test side apart from Warner is really in danger of losing their spot or missing out on the Ashes so your WA cheerleading makes zero sense. Carey is not losing his spot to Inglis. Hardie is not close at this stage and no need for a second all rounder. Jhye has been injured for a long time. No one was picking Agar.

Yes WA has some talent. But you appear extremely one-eyed and over eager in your desire to push them forward at the expense of others who are not going to lose their spot.

Ummm... might want to read my post again. Hopefully you notice my tongue in the side of my cheek this time..
Those players were spoken to in reference of another poster listing their names

I know Warner is in danger, head is likely to go up the order hence opening the spot for Hardie (the player that I'm actually truly advocating for in all of this, he is gonna be special)

I know Inglis isn't taking Carey's spot, I've said so before, I was pointing out that it was close to a 50/50 for then a couple years back, so bringing his name up is clearly a fair call, they were and are rated 1 and 2 in their position in Aus cricket.

I'm only really pushing Hardie and Cummins just opened up a spot for him, have been thru my reasonings on a prior page

Yes I get you were pulling the piss with Wyllie but had to fire back, I've clearly not just been suggesting no names, I've been suggesting the elite talent, in fact I've basically only been suggesting Hardie (again, he is gonna be special)

Edit: on Hardie not being close, his name was thrown up during the summer by punter, he has toured with Australia for aus A, on the not needing 2 all rounders, India have just had a couple innings saved by their 2 all rounders, we clearly need to strengthen our batting

Yes jhye has been injured, my only reference to him was for whenstarc is retired in the future, it was a reply to someone asking about our future stocks saying the team futures was bleak?

Agar, again you've misunderstood my post on him, I was using it as a point of reference in the neser Boland debate, didn't advocate, altho I may have in the past asked for a left hand spinner but had no objection to kuhneman coming in

Those players were spoken to in reference of another poster listing their names

I know Warner is in danger, head is likely to go up the order hence opening the spot for Hardie (the player that I'm actually truly advocating for in all of this, he is gonna be special)

I know Inglis isn't taking Carey's spot, I've said so before, I was pointing out that it was close to a 50/50 for then a couple years back, so bringing his name up is clearly a fair call, they were and are rated 1 and 2 in their position in Aus cricket.

I'm only really pushing Hardie and Cummins just opened up a spot for him, have been thru my reasonings on a prior page

Yes I get you were pulling the piss with Wyllie but had to fire back, I've clearly not just been suggesting no names, I've been suggesting the elite talent, in fact I've basically only been suggesting Hardie (again, he is gonna be special)

Edit: on Hardie not being close, his name was thrown up during the summer by punter, he has toured with Australia for aus A, on the not needing 2 all rounders, India have just had a couple innings saved by their 2 all rounders, we clearly need to strengthen our batting

Yes jhye has been injured, my only reference to him was for whenstarc is retired in the future, it was a reply to someone asking about our future stocks saying the team futures was bleak?

Agar, again you've misunderstood my post on him, I was using it as a point of reference in the neser Boland debate, didn't advocate, altho I may have in the past asked for a left hand spinner but had no objection to kuhneman coming in
If Carey's spot is not in danger, why is Inglis even being brought up? Yep close call a couple of years ago. And...?

Jetting Hardie into the side due to Cummins remaining home is simply pie in the sky stuff. Its just not going to happen. As I said, only the keenest of WA supporters would even contemplate this at this stage. India's all rounders also bowl spin. And bowl incredibly well in Indian conditions.

When you constantly throw up WA players for the now/future/reflect on recent close selection calls, its not surprising people call it out. There is also some talent east of you..

If Carey's spot is not in danger, why is Inglis even being brought up? Yep close call a couple of years ago. And...?

Jetting Hardie into the side due to Cummins remaining home is simply pie in the sky stuff. Its just not going to happen. As I said, only the keenest of WA supporters would even contemplate this at this stage. India's all rounders also bowl spin. And bowl incredibly well in Indian conditions.

When you constantly throw up WA players for the now/future/reflect on recent close selection calls, its not surprising people call it out. There is also some talent east of you..
Here you go again saying WA players, take the states out of it, I'm talking about shifting a game plan, if we want 3 Spinners then we take 2 all rounders over there, strengthen the batting, who is the best all rounder in the shield over the past year and a half? It's Hardie

Stop bringing WA into it...

Reasonable post. Funny thing is i'd almost consider Whiteman for the Ashes squad.

Here you go again saying WA players, take the states out of it, I'm talking about shifting a game plan, if we want 3 Spinners then we take 2 all rounders over there, strengthen the batting, who is the best all rounder in the shield over the past year and a half? It's Hardie

Stop bringing WA into it...
You reel off WA player after WA player and I'm the one bringing WA into it? Some players are closer than others yes I agree.

Aaron Hardie is having an average year this year and is not close to test selection or even being flown across to India. Do I think he is talented? Absolutely and could very well end up in the Aus team one day. He had some great performances last year.

With Green back in to fill the all rounder need and an already incredibly brittle batting lineup, it aint happening.

The logic behind Hardie makes sense but Neser or Sutherland would be ahead of him imo if they went that way.

An XI like this i'd be happy with.
Khawaja
Head
Labs
Smith
Handscomb
Green
Carey
Neser
Starc
Lyon
Murphy

The logic behind Hardie makes sense but Neser or Sutherland would be ahead of him imo if they went that way.

An XI like this i'd be happy with.
Khawaja
Head
Labs
Smith
Handscomb
Green
Carey
Neser
Starc
Lyon
Murphy
Neser is more of a bowler, your scenario relies on starc coming in too, otherwise it still looks very shaky with neser in as an all rounder

Sutherland is an ok call, have Hardie ahead of him though so if you're taking Sutherland you may aswell take hardie, seeing as he performed well enough in Sri lanka

I've listed some of the "other" players in the other comment, I never even asked for Whiteman so that's weird you've brought him up

Turner is a fair call in T20, if you look at Wade leaving the side then turned can play his role, we are also searching for a captain and he has experience, that's not for this thread though, I hadn't suggested turner until he was brought up by the other poster

Go on name the other players you have advocated for, as 95% of your suggestions are purely from WA and you wonder why it’s accused of being home biased.

For instance Sutherland has been the form AR in the shield yet haven’t heard that as an option, and that’s just one. Agar is laughable too blind Freddy knows he can’t bowl. There’s wanting some players from your state, and some do deserve some consideration but there is no way all of them do.

Remove this Banner Ad

Border Gavaskar Trophy, India v Australia, 2nd Test 17-21 Feb, 1430hrs at Delhi

Back