Remove this Banner Ad

For all those worried about a WA bias, here is some stats:

State Representation in the first two tests:
NSW: 9 caps
QLD: 6 caps
VIC: 4 caps
SA: 3 caps
WA: 0 caps

Considering that in the shield WA has been the best performing team over the last 18 months you can see why there has been some advocating for WA players here.

"Some" is a very diplomatic way of putting it. It has been ridiculous for quite a while which is why multiple posters are calling it out - and even posts trying to be evenhanded wind up in some way "yay WA" at the end.

"Some" is a very diplomatic way of putting it. It has been ridiculous for quite a while which is why multiple posters are calling it out - and even posts trying to be evenhanded wind up in some way "yay WA" at the end.
Somebody's gotta balance out the "bring back Maxwell because #vicsdoitbetter" brigade.

That was almost an acknowledgment of it being over the top. Progress.
It's a better notion than the other one I mentioned. I don't blame people for wanting players from a winning culture in a team of mental marshmallows.

As far as I'm concerned though bring all the WA players home. Have them available for the Shield and have nothing to do with this tour.

It's not our fault

Hardie lost form
Agar lost form
Richardson injured
Carey rated his batting over Inglis keeping would have picked him
Bancroft seems to being punished for sand paper gate
Marsh injured
Marsh older finished
Wylie one for the future
Green injured

Last edited:
It's not our fault

Hardie lost form
Agar lost form
Richardson injured
Carey rated his batting over Inglis keeping would have picked him
Bancroft seems to being punished for sand paper gate
Marsh injured
Marsh older finished
Wylie one for the future
Green injured

I think this is the best I've seen an Aussie keeper, keep with the gloves in India in at least 25-30 years.

TBH I can't remember a better series, on some extremely challenging pitches.

Putting his batting aside, Carey has earnt his place on this alone and we can put any comment regarding his glovework to bed after this series.

I think this is the best I've seen an Aussie keeper, keep with the gloves in India in at least 25-30 years.

Putting his batting aside, Carey has earnt his place on this alone and we can put any comment regarding his glovework to bed after this series.

Agree

I was very dismissive of Carey's keeping early.

He was averaging one very poor missed dismissal every test at the start.

However, since the Pakistan tour he has been first class with the gloves.

I would have picked Inglis originally - but the spot is Carey's for the foreseeable future now

Key to this innings is for most batsmen to play the same way that they played in the first innings.

Trav Head has a licence to go for it. Khawaja has licence to play the same way he did in the first innings. Smith and Lab, I back to play their games. Handscombe to play how he's played all series, and Green to repeat his performance in the first innings.

Carey is the only one that I would say needs to change his approach and just knuckle down. Starc to play his shots.

If it's down to the tail, I want heroics. Grind out a result and don't give up, at any cost.

Key to this innings is for most batsmen to play the same way that they played in the first innings.

Trav Head has a licence to go for it. Khawaja has licence to play the same way he did in the first innings. Smith and Lab, I back to play their games. Handscombe to play how he's played all series, and Green to repeat his performance in the first innings.

Carey is the only one that I would say needs to change his approach and just knuckle down. Starc to play his shots.

If it's down to the tail, I want heroics. Grind out a result and don't give up, at any cost.
I'd be much more comfortable with Head making a quick 50 though!

Agree

I was very dismissive of Carey's keeping early.

He was averaging one very poor missed dismissal every test at the start.

However, since the Pakistan tour he has been first class with the gloves.

I would have picked Inglis originally - but the spot is Carey's for the foreseeable future now
Inglis might be good enough to get a place on his batting alone?

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Careys keeping has been top shelf.

Batting has been woeful - but he is no Robinson Crusoe there I guess.

Remove this Banner Ad

Border Gavaskar Trophy, India v Australia, 2nd Test 17-21 Feb, 1430hrs at Delhi

Back