Autopsy NM v West Coast - the great choke!

Remove this Banner Ad

I am angry but not a “we have no hope angry” but with the fresh mindset of I’ve seen enough of this list and I am ready to go into 2025 knowing which players are good enough to play for this club and the ones who are not.

Greenwood - retire
Taylor - gone
Shiels - gone
Nuyon - gone
Lazzaro - gone
Sellers - gone
Hansen Jr - gone (f*** never seen a player so scared of contact)
Free - gone
CCJ - gone - please pay him out
Stephenson - rookie (can’t rely on him)
Harvey - rookie
Drury - rookie

Now to our captains. McDonald has a deal for 2 years but we need to find a way for him to finish up at the club.

I would also genuinely entertain any serious trade offers for Jy Simpkin.
F*** sentiment and f*** whatever leadership or culture he supposedly has. He has none. I’d take a pick in the 20s if it was available.
I am so done with these liabilities. Enough

He was shithouse. His first five kicks all missed their targets.

If he'd been playing for us today I reckon people would have lost it even more than they appear to be losing it.

The kid we got at pick 4 instead is a real chance for mark of the year.

The fapping over Reid in the commentary today was ridiculous. I need that ****ing button on Fox that mutes commentary and leaves crowd noise.

And got 8 minutes in a fwd pocket while the ball was at wet toasts end fmd

On SM-G991B using BigFooty.com mobile app

To quote an esteemed poster. He’s built like a pube. FFS give him time.

I recall the heady days when people were lamenting taking Cunners over Rohan.

I am angry but not a “we have no hope angry” but with the fresh mindset of I’ve seen enough of this list and I am ready to go into 2025 knowing which players are good enough to play for this club and the ones who are not.

Greenwood - retire
Taylor - gone
Shiels - gone
Nuyon - gone
Lazzaro - gone
Sellers - gone
Hansen Jr - gone (f*** never seen a player so scared of contact)
Free - gone
CCJ - gone - please pay him out
Stephenson - rookie (can’t rely on him)
Harvey - rookie
Drury - rookie

Now to our captains. McDonald has a deal for 2 years but we need to find a way for him to finish up at the club.

I would also genuinely entertain any serious trade offers for Jy Simpkin.
F*** sentiment and f*** whatever leadership or culture he supposedly has. He has none. I’d take a pick in the 20s if it was available.
I am so done with these liabilities. Enough
Please have a ****ing spell, nearly knocked himself out tackling a player, tackles a player in front of goal for holding the ball but apparently scared of contact

and we just gave him 5 years..
Maybe he should fu:king learn to shut his mouth by giving the Eagles a rouse it was always going to be a danger game today and prove to be.
Maybe a trip up to Southport next week might bring him around and he might see things in a brighter light.
But Clarkson won’t drop one of his boys he will make a scapegoat of someone else and how JHF must be feeling right now he must be LOL at Zuhaar.

The set up forward of the ball makes this an impossibility.

It’s an absolute shit show.
It has been the biggest issue for five seasons. Teakle helps. But if none of our forwards are leading or even moving for our mids it’s f*cking quagmire down there.

We need an actual second forward to replace Pink. Don’t get me wrong, his game today was 300% improvement on his usual output, but by god would I rather an actually naturally gifted forward fresh from the draft out there instead. At least we might be building for the future.

While PC did well with involvements, he was painfully wasteful with his shots, and outside of a wonderful little cameo, Ford, Zurhaar, Duursma are combining for the output of a single mediocre medium forward.

To cap it off, while RHJ had his best game, he would be nowhere near playing for another club because their list managers already have 4/5 reliable smalls and 1-2 great ones on their list. We are forced to play one that simply can’t reliably apply forward pressure or crumb goals consistently.

No f*cking wonder the forward line is a shit show.

Oh get a grip

You either weren’t old enough for 94 or 98 or if you were have forgotten how painful those final sirens were
As much as a poor loss late in the season against another recent perennial loser makes us all sour . Those 2 games you mentioned Gaso are easily the hardest losses I have endured, especially the one I dare not mention the yr of .

(Log in to remove this ad.)

The coach can’t coach to stop players from making idiotic mistakes.

Cut out the mistakes that shouldn’t happen by players at this level and this side cruises to an easy 5 goal win.

Mistakes and lack of composure are on the players, not the coach.
Can he choose not to play the players consistently making said mistakes?

Don’t accept it and improve the team. The fans have had enough with stupid sh*t like today turning into another loss. Clarkson hasn’t got a blank chequebook of time to turn it around.

I don't understand the "this loss meant nothing" vibe?

Existentially?

Because we're not going to play finals anyway?

Because we haven't reached the point [flick expectations switch] where results now matter?

We were at "home", coming off a win and playing the reigning spooners under an interim coach who we'd beaten on their own deck.

It was Port Adelaide 2012 levels of bed shitting today.
Shat the bed so bad we could have been in a Tool song.

Didn't lead hard enough or often enough, called for the ball on top of his head and got routinely outmarked.
And often Teakle was clear and ignored. He kicked two goals tho. Probably had a better game than Larkey.

Please have a ****ing spell, nearly knocked himself out tackling a player, tackles a player in front of goal for holding the ball but apparently scared of contact
He was ****en good today. Worked hard, ran his guts out, got smashed a few times and still made some ripping tackles.

People keep saying we're on the up and that these losses will turn into wins with experience.
That is a fallacy. The list we have is simply not good enough at the moment. There is talent but nowhere near enough.
In that side today were a host of guys simply not good enough to play in a premiership side. Another 50 games won't change that.
McDonald
Simpkin
Hansen
Corr
Pink
Phillips
Shiel
Teakle
Tucker
Zurhaar (harsh maybe, but I don't see it)
On exposed form, Duursma, but he is one who might improve with some more games.
That's nearly half the side.
Throw in:
Stephenson
Greenwood
Taylor
Stephens
Nyoun
CCJ
Lazzarro
Sellers
Harvey
Drury
Free
Kal Dawson?
That is an absolute ton of dead wood. Playing 150 more games won't change that.

Sure Sheezel is amazing but he doesn't have anywhere near enough support...and on top of that they are mentally fragile.
Do you expect the 17th side to field 22 premiership level talents (especially with 4 best 22 players out)?

How many premiership level best 22 talents would you have listed before this year? LDU, Sheezel, Wardlaw, Scott, Larkey and Logue?

• Comben has risen and looked like a gun at both ends
  • Archer was written off but is now penciled in as our backman for the next decade
  • Xerri has exploded to be a top 3 ruck in the comp from nowhere
  • Powell was getting written off in preseason but has had a very good year
  • McKercher has had immediate impact and looks like a future star
  • Curtis has reached another level. He's almost doubled his goal output and upped his tackling pressure.

That's 6 more guys to the list!
And, on top of that, Sheezel has gone supernova and Wardlaw went to another level before the interruptions.

We've made so many strides towards filling out our future premiership list, this year. So much improvement.

You've listed 9 blokes there who you say aren't good enough to play in a premiership. We have four best 22 guys out (Wardlaw, Logue, Goater, Fisher). Then there's guys like Dawson and Hardeman who should develop in the next 50 games. Then there's our top 2 pick this year.

9 - 7 = two spots short of a strong 22. And that's with no recruits coming in. And not accounting for Maley or George or Goad or any other later draft picks who could develop.

And our list isn't all mediocre players. Sheezel is an elite amongst the elites. Xerri, LDU, McKercher and Wardlaw are showing AA level potential. Larkey was AA just last year and could bounce back.

By your own list we are in a great position to improve.

And guys like Simpkin, Corr, Phillips and Teakle do have the talent to play in a premiership. Just not as top 18 guys. Premiership sides play a few guys like that.

So originally this has everything to do with Rawling but now after 5 years of rot it has nothing to do with Rawling. Rightio. :stern look

Regardless you have every right to be pissed. And sure other factors also come into play. But this is Rawling’s list and sadly it’s an ordinary list. We have been bad for too long. The 5th consecutive year finishing bottom 2. Within that period of time the worst 100 game stretch in competition history. Sure it’s on the players. It’s the players assembled. And who assembled them? :stern look
The only holes on our list are a forward/transition coach who knows what they're on about and a sports shrink who can help the players not lose the plot when a few things things don't go their way.

That might benefit a few other people too...

We should make him captain.

On iPhone using BigFooty.com mobile app
Had a little chat to Toby about your proposition, here's his reply.....
im the captain now GIF by Showtime

Do you expect the 17th side to field 22 premiership level talents (especially with 4 best 22 players out)?

How many premiership level best 22 talents would you have listed before this year? LDU, Sheezel, Wardlaw, Scott, Larkey and Logue?

• Comben has risen and looked like a gun at both ends
  • Archer was written off but is now penciled in as our backman for the next decade
  • Xerri has exploded to be a top 3 ruck in the comp from nowhere
  • Powell was getting written off in preseason but has had a very good year
  • McKercher has had immediate impact and looks like a future star
  • Curtis has reached another level. He's almost doubled his goal output and upped his tackling pressure.

That's 6 more guys to the list!
And, on top of that, Sheezel has gone supernova and Wardlaw went to another level before the interruptions.

We've made so many strides towards filling out our future premiership list, this year. So much improvement.

You've listed 9 blokes there who you say aren't good enough to play in a premiership. We have four best 22 guys out (Wardlaw, Logue, Goater, Fisher). Then there's guys like Dawson and Hardeman who should develop in the next 50 games. Then there's our top 2 pick this year.

9 - 7 = two spots short of a strong 22. And that's with no recruits coming in. And not accounting for Maley or George or Goad or any other later draft picks who could develop.

And our list isn't all mediocre players. Sheezel is an elite amongst the elites. Xerri, LDU, McKercher and Wardlaw are showing AA level potential. Larkey was AA just last year and could bounce back.

By your own list we are in a great position to improve.

And guys like Simpkin, Corr, Phillips and Teakle do have the talent to play in a premiership. Just not as top 18 guys. Premiership sides play a few guys like that.
You keep believing that rot. And ignore the fact we've won three games. Two of three the other team had a lot more scoring shots. The other one the other team had a shot to take lead in last minute. And two of the three wins were against WC and Rich. Premierships are a pipe dream at this point

Oh get a grip

You either weren’t old enough for 94 or 98 or if you were have forgotten how painful those final sirens were
So true. Cried my eyes out all the way back to Flinders St after 94. Can’t even begin to articulate how bad 98 was, it was horrific and the bay of feral Crows supporters next to us even more so. I feel better now. The * loss by a point has also helped.

Remove this Banner Ad

Autopsy NM v West Coast - the great choke!

Remove this Banner Ad

Back