No Sheedy = no '08 renewal

Remove this Banner Ad

1 member down. According to the comments on the HS.com.au story, plenty of others with the same sentiment...

Anyone else not renewing on the back of this? My last act as an EFC member will be to vote against any board member associated with this outrage.

Getting rid of Sheedy is more likely to encourage me to get a membership. One reason I haven't renewed the last couple years is because I was fed up with Sheedy, as well as the fact that Fox Footy was free and all games were on TV.

So, I feel exactly the opposite to you. It's a great day, arguably many years too late.

1 member down. According to the comments on the HS.com.au story, plenty of others with the same sentiment...

Anyone else not renewing on the back of this? My last act as an EFC member will be to vote against any board member associated with this outrage.

Don't do that. What others said, the club is bigger than anyone, (its only just bigger than Sheeds though but a hell of a lot bigger than the board)
You need to sign up again or you won't have a chance to voice your opinion against the board. BTW, Epis is one to vote against as he has a long history of being anti-Sheeds.
Just realise that in the long run when all this clears, Sheeds will be known as the most influential person in the clubs history and be happy with the fact he will have legend status at our club. That's what helps me get over it.

Getting rid of Sheedy is more likely to encourage me to get a membership. One reason I haven't renewed the last couple years is because I was fed up with Sheedy, as well as the fact that Fox Footy was free and all games were on TV.

So, I feel exactly the opposite to you. It's a great day, arguably many years too late.

You're a clown. That's even worse than people not renewing because of today's announcement. :rolleyes:

Recall what Pagan said about Carlton being the priority, not Dennis Pagan. The club will still be around long after he was gone.

The same can be said for Essendon. This day had to come, and probably should have come many years ago.

I mean, when the hell were we supposed to let him go? He needed 4 years to pass Jock, so does that mean two further 3-year contracts? I shudder the thought.

Anyone who doesn't buy a membership because Sheeds contract wasnt extended is just in denial. He cant coach forever. Whats 1 or 2 more years going to do?

You're a clown. That's even worse than people not renewing because of today's announcement. :rolleyes:

So have you taken out membership every year for the past 10 years. No, I didn't think so. Three years ago I also bought my first house, the piece of shit EFC membership department couldn't/wouldn't improve my reserved seating at TD, after I waited 5 months for better seating, so I said **** 'em, footy ain't currently my priority. And I've never been Sheedy's #1 fan.

So have you taken out membership every year for the past 10 years. No, I didn't think so. Three years ago I also bought my first house, the piece of shit EFC membership department couldn't/wouldn't improve my reserved seating at TD, after I waited 5 months for better seating, so I said **** 'em, footy ain't currently my priority. And I've never been Sheedy's #1 fan.

I actually have been a member for close enough to 10 years, I think I'm into my ninth.
Having come home and seen the news and how it was handled I will say I am alot happier. I am a massive Sheeds fan as you probably know, he is a great bloke and surely you can't doubt him prior to the past few years.

Followed the 'Dons for 29 years. Been a member for probably 10 of those. I can't at the moment for financial constraints, but, this doesn't change my belief for the club, the team and the players. I bleed red & black and will continue to do so, and cancerous ppl like the person who starts a thread like this, I damn. And hope a red and black karma bus runs them over.

Welcome to the Bulldogs Minglis:D. 13 Go Dogs is the number to pre-book next years membership ticket. And what a year it stands to be. I mean we are the Geelong of 2006.:D

It aint the Kevin Sheedy Football Club!!! What are ya gonna do if the next coach has major success. sign up again???

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Welcome to the Bulldogs Minglis:D. 13 Go Dogs is the number to pre-book next years membership ticket. And what a year it stands to be. I mean we are the Geelong of 2006.:D

I agree that like Geelong in 2006, more was expected from the Bulldogs this year. I'm not sure the Bulldogs will be two games clear on top after 16 rounds in 2008.

I barrack for the club, not the individual.

Exactly. Sad to see him go but things change eventually. Really to say you are simply not going to sign up because Sheedy is gone is pretty shallow.
Vent your anger yes, say you dont agree even write to the club and let them know but at the end of the day the club is Essendon , legends have gone from the club in the past and legends will continue to go in the future.

Exactly. Sad to see him go but things change eventually. Really to say you are simply not going to sign up because Sheedy is gone is pretty shallow.
Vent your anger yes, say you dont agree even write to the club and let them know but at the end of the day the club is Essendon , legends have gone from the club in the past and legends will continue to go in the future.

:thumbsu::thumbsu::thumbsu::thumbsu:

Im sure we can replace you.

Those that wanted Sheedy to get renewed are probably more interested in the romance of having him finish on his own accord... 1 game more than Jock McHale.... or something of that ilk.

Footy has no more time for romance for coaches.... do not get seduced by the what ifs... As a Carlton supporter, I love Ratten but if he's not the best man for the job... stuff the romantic notions of having a loved son come and lead the club again...

If Sheedy WAS NOT the best man for the job, thank him for his wonderful service, wish him good luck, and get the man you think is the best for the job.

Those that wanted Sheedy to get renewed are probably more interested in the romance of having him finish on his own accord... 1 game more than Jock McHale.... or something of that ilk.

Footy has no more time for romance for coaches.... do not get seduced by the what ifs... As a Carlton supporter, I love Ratten but if he's not the best man for the job... stuff the romantic notions of having a loved son come and lead the club again...

If Sheedy WAS NOT the best man for the job, thank him for his wonderful service, wish him good luck, and get the man you think is the best for the job.

JJ, you are making a LOT of sense TODAY, seems a change of coach has done you the world of good :D

Hey Guys, you should be proud of Sheeds and what he's achieved AND the dignified way he went about his exit. It seemed he knew the writing was on the wall, and I'm damn sure he wouldn't want you guys leaving just because he has.

Stick with them and support the new coaching staff.

Recall what Pagan said about Carlton being the priority, not Dennis Pagan. The club will still be around long after he was gone.

The same can be said for Essendon. This day had to come, and probably should have come many years ago.

So the club is a priority, just not for you?

Kevin Sheedy should put the club ahead of his own agenda but you shouldn't?

I really ****ing disllike the "One member down" response to decisions like these, and I guess by extension those who use it. I suppose I could write a lengthy piece detailing all my reasons for such a feeling to satisfy minglis but I think it sums it up quite succintly.

Remove this Banner Ad

No Sheedy = no '08 renewal

Remove this Banner Ad

Back