No team will allow us to get both Gibbo and Shaun Burgoyne!

Remove this Banner Ad

hawk life

Team Captain
Jun 6, 2008
Pascoe Vale
AFL Club
Hawthorn
Other Teams
liverpool, Celtics,
Afl teams will never allow us to get both gibbo and shaun burgoyne.

They are already scared of what lies ahead with our team, imagine adding two players like this into our team.

The prospect of having mitchell, sewell, lewis, bateman, hodge, ellis, cyril and burgoyne going through the midfield. Gee my work table is suddenly rising. The funny thing is gibbo can even have a run in the middle.

I can also see buddy and roughy licking their lips.

This just wont happen.

If we offer the right deal i think both are possibilities.
Think its time though that rather we continue to talk about "fringe" players for trade bait ie:thorp,dowler,taylor etc lets get real.
Who out of our best 22 are tradeable,for me the following williams,(seems to lacking interst??)ladson,osborne(both good blokes,but have no upside,but still have4-6 years left)and lewis.(love his endeavour,but he slaughters the ball by hand and foot,would be a good in and under for port)????????

Think its time though that rather we continue to talk about "fringe" players for trade bait ie:thorp,dowler,taylor etc lets get real.
Who out of our best 22 are tradeable,for me the following williams,(seems to lacking interst??)ladson,osborne(both good blokes,but have no upside,but still have4-6 years left)and lewis.(love his endeavour,but he slaughters the ball by hand and foot,would be a good in and under for port)????????

wouldnt even entertain the thought of Lewis going anywhere!

Afl teams will never allow us to get both gibbo and shaun burgoyne.

They are already scared of what lies ahead with our team, imagine adding two players like this into our team.

The prospect of having mitchell, sewell, lewis, bateman, hodge, ellis, cyril and burgoyne going through the midfield. Gee my work table is suddenly rising. The funny thing is gibbo can even have a run in the middle.

I can also see buddy and roughy licking their lips.

This just wont happen.

Are you serious?

Do you actually believe the dribble that "journo's" like carro & barrett put out?

The fact is any club will do a trade as long as it suits them - simple as that!

Even North and/or Port if we offer terms that suit them (& they may not have a choice) - and ourselves.

Its called commercial reality!

You say we should stop talking about fringe players and start getting real, yet you offer up

Ladson and Osborne who apparently have no upside
and
Lewis because he slaughters the ball by hand and foot

Yep I could see that these players would interest Port - two that have peaked and one that for all accounts shouldn't be playing footy at all apart from being an in and under player that Port shouldn't expect anything from once he gets it out. They will be falling over themselves with anticipation.

Hhmm I think I know who it is that needs to get real.

Shane Tuck and Richmonds first round draft choice to Port Adelaide. That would resolve the issues of us worrying about who to trade to get him.

The more I think about it, the more likely something like that is. Don't for a moment think that Richmond couldn't use Burgoyne.

No way would the Hawks trade Ladson or Ossie.. they are the glue in the Hawk machine..The reason we won the flag is because of players like Ossie, who give there all..the consumate team player..Players and picks up for trade for mine would be Tuck, Morton, Thorp, Taylor, Murphy and picks 25..pick 9 if its a great deal involving either Lake, Sandilands and maybe Burgoyne if the price is right..With Mcglynn, Kennedy,Ellis, and Shiels all developing i believe that makes Morton and Tuck expendable.:eek:

Shane Tuck and Richmonds first round draft choice to Port Adelaide. That would resolve the issues of us worrying about who to trade to get him.

The more I think about it, the more likely something like that is. Don't for a moment think that Richmond couldn't use Burgoyne.

Whilst on paper that is a fit surely Richmond wouldn't be looking at drafting another player over 25 when they already have an abundance of them.

I just don't see dimma running with that, he will imo be looking to do a clarko and start from scratch.

If Lewis was traded it would be against his will [like Croad] and would be the begining of troubled times ahead for us as he is best mates with Buddy and Roughy. Regardless Lewis is a must in our team, the tougher the game the better Lewis is. No-one in our 'best 22' is tradeable, we must look at pick 9 and one of Thorp or Dowler to get the trade done.

No way would the Hawks trade Ladson or Ossie.. they are the glue in the Hawk machine..The reason we won the flag is because of players like Ossie, who give there all..the consumate team player..Players and picks up for trade for mine would be Tuck, Morton, Thorp, Taylor, Murphy and picks 25..pick 9 if its a great deal involving either Lake, Sandilands and maybe Burgoyne if the price is right..With Mcglynn, Kennedy,Ellis, and Shiels all developing i believe that makes Morton and Tuck expendable.:eek:

Exactly,

You cant have a team of Chiefs you need some Indians! If you get my drift.

My point being that if we want to get some quality ,we end having to let something other than fringe players up for trade.
all of ladson,ossie,lewis are in our best 22 but...................
Its trade time and as we all know this year is expected to be very "active" all clubs are very savvy,and with the hay deal,and rawlings veale deal we created a reputation for ourselves.Wether its warranted..?????????????
possibly why the thornton x2 and okeefe deal wasnt completed,i look forward to seeing how we go this year,want us to go well,me thinks pelchen under extreme scrutiny needs to get a good deal done.

seriously... i think pick 9 and a player like thorp/moss or tuck can get it. U guys aren't forgetting that pick 9 is a big drawcard

My serious thought would be... pick 9 and thorp for Burgoyne
and... pick 25 and 41 for gibbo and fourth rounder

we are topping up... and we have some quality youngsters. As long as we get our compulsory 3 picks... i can see these two working

Are you serious?

Do you actually believe the dribble that "journo's" like carro & barrett put out?

The fact is any club will do a trade as long as it suits them - simple as that!

Even North and/or Port if we offer terms that suit them (& they may not have a choice) - and ourselves.

Its called commercial reality!

This thread has nothing to do with the media and not talking about dealing with Pelchen. I am talking about our team list.

Other clubs do not want a team to be unbeatable if they can do something about it. The only way we will get both players is if we give up something special like a sewell or Lewis and we will never part with them.

If the hawks were in the position of making a team to good I am sure they wouldn't want to deal with them either.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Rubbish in a perfect position to get both just my opinion!:thumbsu:

:thumbsu: Agreed

What team wont allow us to get them both, The A Team, Team America, Young Talent Team???

Why is pick 9 for Burgoyne and pick 25 for Gibson not going to get this done? That is what they are worth, pick 25 might actually be over the odds for Gibson IMO.

Why do we need to throw in Dowler and or Thorp when we shouldnt have to?

I totally agree but this is about other teams trading with us because of how good our list is.

I personally don't think you've thought this through that well.

When you consider St Kilda has traded for Sean Demptser (27 games), Steven King (39), Adam Schneider (41) & Charlie Gardiner (12) in 2008 and Colm Begley (1 game) & Farren Ray (23) in 2009, and paid a pittance as well whilst still being in the upper echleon of clubs on the field, disproves your fears or theory.

I totally agree but this is about other teams trading with us because of how good our list is.

You think Gibson is some sort of superstar? According to the North board he is being kept out of their backline and is surplus. How good can he be?

Burgoyne is class but he wants out of PA. The club will get the best deal they can for him. They won't be worried about what other players we may or may not recruit.

Can you imagine this scenario:

Pelchin: Okay, so we're agreed...pick 9 and Thorp for Burgoyne?
Port: Yep, sounds good, we're happy with that and it's a good trade for our club since Shaun wants to go.
Pelchin: Great.
Port: It's been a crazy week hasn't it?
Pelchin: Sure has. Hey, did I tell you those muppets at Noth wanted pick 9 for Gibson!
Both: *Hysterical laughter*
Port: So you couldn't get Gibson?
Pelchin: No, we got him. North eventually agreed to a straight swap for Tom Murphy.
Port: What?! Sorry, the Burgoyne deal is off. We can't allow you to have him and Gibson.
Pelchin: But....
Port: Good day to you sir *storms out*

You think Gibson is some sort of superstar? According to the North board he is being kept out of their backline and is surplus. How good can he be?

Burgoyne is class but he wants out of PA. The club will get the best deal they can for him. They won't be worried about what other players we may or may not recruit.

Can you imagine this scenario:

Pelchin: Okay, so we're agreed...pick 9 and Thorp for Burgoyne?
Port: Yep, sounds good, we're happy with that and it's a good trade for our club since Shaun wants to go.
Pelchin: Great.
Port: It's been a crazy week hasn't it?
Pelchin: Sure has. Hey, did I tell you those muppets at Noth wanted pick 9 for Gibson!
Both: *Hysterical laughter*
Port: So you couldn't get Gibson?
Pelchin: No, we got him. North eventually agreed to a straight swap for Tom Murphy.
Port: What?! Sorry, the Burgoyne deal is off. We can't allow you to have him and Gibson.
Pelchin: But....
Port: Good day to you sir *storms out*

Absolute solid gold, comedy genious. :D:thumbsu:

I personally don't think you've thought this through that well.

When you consider St Kilda has traded for Sean Demptser (27 games), Steven King (39), Adam Schneider (41) & Charlie Gardiner (12) in 2008 and Colm Begley (1 game) & Farren Ray (23) in 2009, and paid a pittance as well whilst still being in the upper echleon of clubs on the field, disproves your fears or theory.

Yeah tell me which one of these even compares to Shaun Burgoyne....

I think you should consider what you just wrote I am talking about a champion player.....The clubs of the players you mentioned where more than happy to get rid of them....

I think people need to read the damn thread seriously......I have no idea what the above statement has on this thread...

You are telling me you would be happy to let hodge and birchall go to geelong for a couple of draft picks to make geelong even better...No club would why because they would be unbeatable that is what I am saying....

Gee, come on guys......

the bottom line is we will NOT get these two players

Anyway, this is just an opinion and you don't have to agree on it.

By the way I think Gibbo is better than Murphy and is better than a lot of players out there. He will improve our list.

Yeah tell me which one of these even compares to Shaun Burgoyne....

I think you should consider what you just wrote I am talking about a champion player.....The clubs of the players you mentioned where more than happy to get rid of them....

I think people need to read the damn thread seriously......I have no idea what the above statement has on this thread...

You are telling me you would be happy to let hodge and birchall go to geelong for a couple of draft picks to make geelong even better...No club would why because they would be unbeatable that is what I am saying....

Gee, come on guys......

the bottom line is we will NOT get these two players

Nup, re read it and my post addresses your OP far better than your tanty throwing one above - premiership winning former AA ruckman, premiership winning defender/wingman, premiership winning half forward flanker/mid who has kicked 159 goals, former No 4 draft pick and a former Brisbane 'Rookie of the Year'.

Not just rubbish as you describe and ultimately 4 of those players have played 67 of a possible 92 games in a side that has been beaten twice. But for King getting suspended for 4 games it would be even better.

And, you are wrong - so get over yourself.

Remove this Banner Ad

No team will allow us to get both Gibbo and Shaun Burgoyne!

Remove this Banner Ad

Back