Resource Non-AFL General Chat

Remove this Banner Ad

I’ve been working on my native garden for the last few years. Still git a way t go and I’ve plunked a couple of raised garden bed out the front Amongst the natives as my backyard gets almost no winter sun.
Will put a couple more in and some more citrus down the drive. Had a blood orange and a Japanese Seedless Mandarin that fruited this year hope to put a lime and a lemon in
My mandarin fruited for the first time this year as we.. we got four! I've an orange, put in the same time as a lime and lemon tree. Had 2 oranges so far, Zero limes and have a dozen lemons on the tree currently. A mango that is struggling a bit and a couple of avacadoa that grew out of the compost that need planting.

My mandarin fruited for the first time this year as we.. we got four! I've an orange, put in the same time as a lime and lemon tree. Had 2 oranges so far, Zero limes and have a dozen lemons on the tree currently. A mango that is struggling a bit and a couple of avacadoa that grew out of the compost that need planting.

yesh I had a bout a dozen man died and 8 blood oranges…man they were good. Want 80 not 8 this year. Covered in flowers now

We have pear, apricot, lime, lemon and mandarin trees.The apricot tree is basically dead unfortunately and the mandarin tree gives heaps of fruit but is a favourite of pests. The seedless oranges we get though are honestly the most incredible oranges I’ve ever eaten, would eat 50 of them in one sitting if I could

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Edge of the hills in Kelmscott. People like to use words like Clifton Hills but I think they're w***ers.

Nasura hills? More like east Armadale hehe
My neighborhood too Tony. Grew up in ‘Clifton Hills’ and live in Mt Richon (Armadale Hills) now. Beautifully underrated part of Perth.

Back on topic all you w***ers 🫛🫛

This weird native has grenade like buds along the stems.
IMG_20230911_142110145_HDR.jpg
I put in my everlasting a a bit late and they are now starting to flower.
IMG_20230911_141851158_HDR.jpg

Also, Paraclete, if you are going to live forever you are definitely gonna get old. That's how it works. There's a future for you where you couldn't name an album released in the last decade and tell kids off for doing burnouts on your street. On the plus side blue cheese is pretty damn good.

Back on topic all you w***ers 🫛🫛

This weird native has grenade like buds along the stems.

I put in my everlasting a a bit late and they are now starting to flower.

Also, Paraclete, if you are going to live forever you are definitely gonna get old. That's how it works. There's a future for you where you couldn't name an album released in the last decade and tell kids off for doing burnouts on your street. On the plus side blue cheese is pretty damn good.
To be fair I'm probably batting .667 on these already

Back on topic, my father used to grow these for commercial sale. The ones that used to line the verge on Great Eastern Highway at G.O. Edwards Park back in the late nineties would have been sold to the Town of Victoria Park by him*. Even sold some to King Fahd back in the day**

* I didn't bother to check with Dad in case I'm remembering incorrectly and it spoils the story by not being true.
** Pretty sure this is actually true without asking. Even if presumably it was underlings making the purchase rather than the Custodian of the Two Holy Mosques himself.

IMG_8503.jpeg
Just had lunch at the Bassendean Hotel. It’s fair to say the old Basso looked lots different last time I was there which was many moons ago. I must admit it’s nicely done and being kid and dog friendly is a bonus. Club Sanga was very good if a little bit pricey ($29) but I guess most decent places in Perth are pricey nowadays. I paid $8.50 for nonalcoholic beer

I'm taking my dog to the vet to have his anal glands expressed.

That's it. That's the post.

Remove this Banner Ad

Resource Non-AFL General Chat

Remove this Banner Ad

Back