Resource Non-AFL General Chat

Remove this Banner Ad

Well done Aussies, through to the world cup final! South Africa choke in a big game yet again!
Cant see us winning on Sunday.

Knocking out South Africa and ensuring the chokers tag remains for another 4 years and haunt another generation of South African cricketers and fans is as good as winning the trophy.

They fought back but gee there batsman froze in the first 10 overs. When it comes to the crunch they just are so consumed by history on big games even if they weren't apart of failed campaigns before.

Can someone give me an example of how India are doctoring the pitches to their advantage? Seems a tough thing to do in a 50 over game. Both teams have to bat on the same pitch & they can’t guarantee they’re going to win the toss if the pitch is going to play differently in the second innings?

Can someone give me an example of how India are doctoring the pitches to their advantage? Seems a tough thing to do in a 50 over game. Both teams have to bat on the same pitch & they can’t guarantee they’re going to win the toss if the pitch is going to play differently in the second innings?

During the last Test Series in India Australia had mostly left handed batters and India had mostly right. So they deliberately prepared the pitch so outside the left handers off stump had the grass removed early, not watered so would break up quicker so would suit India's spinners.

Also it could be a judgement call. India have a great spin bowling attack the game against NZ they thought that would be their best chance to win so they instructed the grounds keeper to remove the grass advantaging their spinners

India are the best thing that has happened to cricket since Kerry Packer, india are the worst thing that can ever happen to international cricket 🤔🤣🤮😁

They grow the game,then stifle and corrupt the game..

During the last Test Series in India Australia had mostly left handed batters and India had mostly right. So they deliberately prepared the pitch so outside the left handers off stump had the grass removed early, not watered so would break up quicker so would suit India's spinners.

Also it could be a judgement call. India have a great spin bowling attack the game against NZ they thought that would be their best chance to win so they instructed the grounds keeper to remove the grass advantaging their spinners
Australia need to be smarter when they pick their squads.

Horses for courses

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Selectively watering the pitch is outright cheating. Outright. It shows the level of impunity they have reached there were no consequences.
That still makes me as angry as anything I've seen in cricket. No explanation from anyone, just basically ignored and Australia was just supposed to put up and shut up with the blatant cheating. It will be one of those things you bring up in 20 years and someone hears it and says "no way that happened, it would have been a massive story if it did"

Bowling. My first thought was wtf, but on reflection I suppose we're going to need to take some risks to beat this Indian side in India in a WCF.
I'm with you, but I think the dew in India is a big factor they are taking into account with the decision to bowl first. Hope we have done the right thing.....runs on the board in a big game are always handy.

My reverse jinx does the job!

You're welcome everybody.
we do the mocha & reverse mocha at the footy all the time.
for example, when the oppo have a set shot, the commentary is along the lines of "he can't miss this. i would get this with my left. he is the best shot in the comp" etc. & of course we take the credit if he does miss.
then when one of our legends is having a shot, "i hope he makes the distance, or lucky if he gets a point", & again we take delight in congratulating ourselves on the work we have done for the team if he does kick the goal.

Remove this Banner Ad

Resource Non-AFL General Chat

Remove this Banner Ad

Back