Resource Non-AFL General Chat

Remove this Banner Ad

I swear Steve Smith always goes god mode in the BBL.

The player who consistently blows me away is Silk. I have never seen a better outfielder. His fielding alone is worth 10-20 runs a game & he bats beautifully in the format.

He’s one that would seem unlucky to have never played for Australia.

And yeah I think Smith is wired differently from most. There is nothing the guy would rather do than bat & the lower pressure of BBL seems to allow him complete freedom to try anything. He’s a freak.

The player who consistently blows me away is Silk. I have never seen a better outfielder. His fielding alone is worth 10-20 runs a game & he bats beautifully in the format.
Wouldn't be easy to move around with a neck like a giraffee either.

Your lot should be forced to wear Kieran Trippier's wages under your bill after his performance this morning, best Everton player on the pitch.
Between him and Gordon, gave us depressed Toffees something to cheer about! The 3rd goal though was an absolute pearler of a team goal especially with Newcastle pressing (although the game was close to wrapped up). Every player touching it in the build up.

Between him and Gordon, gave us depressed Toffees something to cheer about! The 3rd goal though was an absolute pearler of a team goal especially with Newcastle pressing (although the game was close to wrapped up). Every player touching it in the build up.
I think we've done well out of getting Gordon but your crowd certainly let him know about it, and fair enough. Winners are grinners

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Not going to happen if Perth hosts the first test of the summer (as it should every year)
I dunno being a drop in deck at Optus the longer you give it to bed in the better. I suppose it's fine this year with the first test not till mid December but if it's late Nov it's probably better off being the Gabba first. Then Adelaide/Perth > Melb > Syd.

Spurs back to their winning ways over Newcastle.
I think Villa has been the surprise packet of the season, playing well and getting the points.

I think Villa has been the surprise packet of the season, playing well and getting the points.
I haven't watched the full replay yet but from the highlights it looks like Son was playing wide not central, and terrorised Trippier. Do you want him back?
I'm way out of touch I know with the modern game, but these Roberto Carlos wannabe wing backs that like attacking more then defending increasingly give me the irrits, looks great when you're winning, pisses me off when your team is leaking seven goals in two games and almot all down his side.

I'm way out of touch I know with the modern game, but these Roberto Carlos wannabe wing backs that like attacking more then defending increasingly give me the irrits, looks great when you're winning, pisses me off when your team is leaking seven goals in two games and almot all down his side.

It is because Liverpool have had so much success with it that other teams want to replicate it. The problem is it only works if you have someone as good as TAA and have a good DM and CBs who can cover the space he vacates. Most teams that aren't top teams don't have the quality of player to successfully play that way.

It is because Liverpool have had so much success with it that other teams want to replicate it. The problem is it only works if you have someone as good as TAA and have a good DM and CBs who can cover the space he vacates. Most teams that aren't top teams don't have the quality of player to successfully play that way.
Yeah it isn't working for us, regardless of whether we play a 4-4-2 or a 4-3-3, whoever plays widest right for Newcastle, usually Almiron as Murphy is injured, has to be a workhorse running back to help. With our injuries he is knackered from playing too much, not getting back to help as often and the defensive frailties are so exposed. Definitely annoying.

Villa might be a few spots higher than expected but IMO it was always a top 8-10 squad* in the league coming into the season and a few teams have underperformed massively. There's quite often a squad like that in the top 6 a fair way into the season.

I put an * next to that comment as IMO there's a lot of poor teams this year compared to most seasons.

Gary Neville tipped Villa to finish 5th before the season and I think they could very well do it. Liverpool, Arsenal, and City will finish top 3 you would think. 4th to 8th is going to be an interesting watch with 9 points separating City in 4th and West Ham in 9th.

pfftt Man Utd surprise every week
Man utd are another case of when you have a champion coach/manager like they did in Sir Alex Ferguson they are impossible to replace.

You could argue Fergie's methods were brutal and he was ruthless with his players. You only have to look at the Beckham doco when Beckham didnt want to leave but Fergie was sick of the other stuff that came with Beckham where he wanted full control over his players.

But it got results.

I didnt think a rich & powerful club/brand would struggle so much if anyone could overcome and cope with the resources they have in losing a manager like Ferguson it would be Man Utd. But they have how many managers have come and gone since Ferguson in the past decade.

Remove this Banner Ad

Resource Non-AFL General Chat

Remove this Banner Ad

Back