Resource Non-AFL General Chat

Remove this Banner Ad

Is Williamson the best? Is he really clearly better than Martin Crowe or Glen Turner for instance? His record is all over the place. You look at his summary, averaging 54 you think no contest. But in fully 40 tests against Australia, England and India he averages a shade under 37. His away test average is 41.
Crowe's contemporaries thought very highly of him IIRC.

Crowe's contemporaries thought very highly of him IIRC.
I'm old enough to remember him playing just and my recollection was for a while there in the mid to late 80s he was considered to be 2nd only to Viv ahead of the likes of Border and Miandad (with Sunny being past his best by that point).

Talking Kiwi cricket. The White Ferns just won the T20 World Cup. Came into it on a losing streak of 10 and won the thing! What an effort - led by Scorchers captain Sophie Devine, they easily ripped through South Africa and won it for the first time. Go Kiwis!

Is Williamson the best? Is he really clearly better than Martin Crowe or Glen Turner for instance? His record is all over the place. You look at his summary, averaging 54 you think no contest. But in fully 40 tests against Australia, England and India he averages a shade under 37. His away test average is 41
I didnt see Martin Crowe bat he was before my time. But a lot reckon he would be number 2 currently.

But Kane has scored 32 test match 100s and Test 100s in every country bar South Africa where Kane has only played 4 tests.

When the nearest to Kiwi to him is Ross Taylor with 19 test 100s.

Kane also scored 13 ODI hundreds and averages 48 batting at 3 which you have consider as well.

I think Kane has done enough and earnt the right to be considered NZ's best ever batsman.

His numbers stack up everywhere when comparing him Crowe.

Broncos fan, it's been years of garbage too. Teasing a little currently by beating poor teams. Character building stuff for us Freo fans.
I have done enough character building and i was only born in 1994.

I just wanna win something, anything.

NRL - Parramatta no premiership since 1986 seen 3 GF losses
NFL - Miami no championship since 1973 - Seen no super bowls or playoff victories since i started following it in 2009
AFL - Fremantle no Flags - 1 GF loss in 2013
Premier League - Fulham - Europa League Final loss in 2010 - TBH being in the premier league is like winning it for Fulham. I doubt we will ever get our Leicester City moment.

I have done enough character building and i was only born in 1994.

I just wanna win something, anything.

NRL - Parramatta no premiership since 1986 seen 3 GF losses
NFL - Miami no championship since 1973 - Seen no super bowls or playoff victories since i started following it in 2009
AFL - Fremantle no Flags - 1 GF loss in 2013
Premier League - Fulham - Europa League Final loss in 2010 - TBH being in the premier league is like winning it for Fulham. I doubt we will ever get our Leicester City moment.
Are you a Scorchers Fan?

Remove this Banner Ad

Resource Non-AFL General Chat

Remove this Banner Ad

Back