No Oppo Supporters Non Bulldog Footy Talk - Bulldogs only - Part 5

Remove this Banner Ad

I think we almost certainly make top 4 if we win out from here.

If we win only 2, for top 4 we need 3 of the following to occur:
  • GWS to lose to both Freo and us
  • Brisbane to lose to both Collingwood and Essendon
  • Port to lose to 2 of Melbourne, Adelaide and Freo
  • Freo to lose to 2 of Geelong, GWS and Port
  • Geelong to lose 2 of Freo, St Kilda and West Coast
GWS winning today didn't move the dial much at all regarding the above as we'd still have needed 2 of the bottom 3 to occur (plus GWS to lose to either Freo or us) to make it.

I think we almost certainly make top 4 if we win out from here.

If we win only 2, for top 4 we need 3 of the following to occur:
  • GWS to lose to both Freo and us
  • Brisbane to lose to both Collingwood and Essendon
  • Port to lose to 2 of Melbourne, Adelaide and Freo
  • Freo to lose to 2 of Geelong, GWS and Port
  • Geelong to lose 2 of Freo, St Kilda and West Coast
GWS winning today didn't move the dial much at all regarding the above as we'd still have needed 2 of the bottom 3 to occur (plus GWS to lose to either Freo or us) to make it.

Its hard with so many moving parts.

If we win all three we will probably make top four unless Freo lose all their home games. If we only win 2 of the 3 I think we probably end up 7th. Thats probably where the GWS result could hurt, if we lost tomorrow and won the last two we’d still be a decent chance at a home Elimination Final.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Its hard with so many moving parts.

If we win all three we will probably make top four unless Freo lose all their home games. If we only win 2 of the 3 I think we probably end up 7th. Thats probably where the GWS result could hurt, if we lost tomorrow and won the last two we’d still be a decent chance at a home Elimination Final.
Yeah them winning has an impact if we lose 1 and finish in the lower half of the 8. No impact if we win all 3 (since we'd beat them and pass them), if anything it helps us potentially move above Brisbane.

Yeah them winning has an impact if we lose 1 and finish in the lower half of the 8. No impact if we win all 3 (since we'd beat them and pass them), if anything it helps us potentially move above Brisbane.

True but I’ve been informed that Collingwood has an exactly zero percent chance of beating Brisbane next week

Man it would be crazy if we finished top 2.

Can we hypothetically, possibly, mathematically possible etc finish second, anyone?
Yes. We can. If Geelong lose to one of Saints or Eagles, the Lions lose to the Pies or Essendon and Freo beat Port in the last round we will finish 2nd if we remain unbeaten

Yes. We can. If Geelong lose to one of Saints or Eagles, the Lions lose to the Pies or Essendon and Freo beat Port in the last round we will finish 2nd if we remain unbeaten
Geelong can also lose today for us to finish above them, if we win out - but that would also require Freo to lose to GWS to pass them.

Just watched the last few minutes of the Norf V Eagles game and with 2 minutes to go Norf were up by 13 and all you can say about those last 2 minutes is LOLNORF!

Remove this Banner Ad

No Oppo Supporters Non Bulldog Footy Talk - Bulldogs only - Part 5

Remove this Banner Ad

Back