Opinion Non-Crows AFL 10

Who will win a final first?

• Total voters

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.
Never a truer word spoken. Why do I keep paying money for a membership for a fair sporting competition? More fool me.
I worked out years ago the way the AFL is headed.

Still buy my season ticket though. But I don't see it as a "membership". Even if we ever get a fully member board, the league itself is Sports Entertainment.

To me, I pay for 12 games of Footy and enjoy the entertainment and social outing it provides. No different to admission for 12 concerts.

On SM-A325F using BigFooty.com mobile app

The terrible non 50m decision is the making of weeks of bad umpiring. Players have been running over the mark by 1,2,3 even 5 m before they are being called to stand. Quite often they are not brought back to the original mark. It's been killing me.

And by doing this the stand rule and 50m has become more murky.

It was still a very obvious 50m but the AFL is so inept they have been allowing the rule to be manipulated for weeks...... again another rule that requires interpretation, that doesn't work.

Daicos first got given a free, then he asked the umpire for a 50m and it was given. I've seen the same act multiple times per week since and no 50s paid again.
I'm not sure I've even seen a free paid for that since

As bad as the 50 was, how can 4 umpires not see the throw?
Given we’ve had multiple free kicks inside F50 paid against us by umpires down the ground, how did 4 of them not see the most obvious throw ever?

You are not taking into account that Leigh Fisher was one of the umpires involved.

Would love to see a breakdown of teams/players he has paid FKs too over his umpiring career.

Unfortunately, it’s not only the ones he pays, but also the ones he misses.

You are not taking into account that Leigh Fisher was one of the umpires involved.

Would love to see a breakdown of teams/players he has paid FKs too over his umpiring career.

Unfortunately, it’s not only the ones he pays, but also the ones he misses.
THAT IN BOLD is the real kicker..Graeme Cornes said decades ago about biased umpires robbing us, its not the ones we give away that are the issue,its when the opposition infringe and they don't pay them and that kills you as its no longer a level playing field.

It could be the umpires are caught up in the Collingwood close games dynasty. It could be subconscious.

Sent from my SM-T220 using Tapatalk
Not just the umpies, I think oppo players are too maybe.

Langford on Anzac Day, Sharp for Freo and the guy for North yesterday all screwed up shots in dying minutes to win it against Collingwood. Those are all going through against us.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Not just the umpies, I think oppo players are too maybe.

Langford on Anzac Day, Sharp for Freo and the guy for North yesterday all screwed up shots in dying minutes to win it against Collingwood. Those are all going through against us.
And McDonald in the gather round.
All were pretty much last shots on goal.
All missed.

Thats a controversial take to have especially in 2024, Im glad you said it. I do agree with you.
Has very little experience and that experience is at the worst run club in the AFL

Seems like a plant
So they now have someone whos never played afl at any decent level for any decent of time to decide the rules? ... Explains everything

Let’s be honest here, she is a diversity hire.

Let’s be honest here, she is a diversity hire.

Excited Lets Go GIF

Am I cool now?

Bernie Vince’s Dad passed away suddenly over the weekend. ‘Farmer Tim’ for those that heard him on MMM over the years. Sending best wishes to the family.

It could be the umpires are caught up in the Collingwood close games dynasty. It could be subconscious.

Sent from my SM-T220 using Tapatalk
It’s not just the close games dynasty. Having been at Collingwood games at the MCG (the most recent vs Crows) the last few minutes ground encompassing chant of COLLINGWOOD COLLINGWOOD etc has to get to the umpires. As someone said, it’s probably more reluctance to go against the flow than anything else.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back