Opinion Non-Crows AFL 10

Who will win a final first?

• Total voters

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.
I thought I'd leave this here, mainly out of jealousy that they got a flag, we didn't and they get a good run with umpires at critical moments and we don't.

Collingwood will now miss finals after a premiership year, but they were never that great. Collingwood's flag - including the grand final itself - was built on the back of winning close games and comebacks. It's not sustainable. If you're a truly great team, your opponents aren't in a position to win at the last minute - you blow them away or at least win comfortably.

Squiggle is just one imperfect measure, but it has the 2023 Pies as effectively the weakest premiers of the last 20 years:

1724207717292.png

I thought I'd leave this here, mainly out of jealousy that they got a flag, we didn't and they get a good run with umpires at critical moments and we don't.

Collingwood will now miss finals after a premiership year, but they were never that great. Collingwood's flag - including the grand final itself - was built on the back of winning close games and comebacks. It's not sustainable. If you're a truly great team, your opponents aren't in a position to win at the last minute - you blow them away or at least win comfortably.

Squiggle is just one imperfect measure, but it has the 2023 Pies as effectively the weakest premiers of the last 20 years:

View attachment 2086301
Charlie Cameron had the Lions leading the 2023 GF with under 5minutes to go, a dubious advantage called instead of a free kick and shot at goal probably denied the Lions a flag.

Charlie Cameron had the Lions leading the 2023 GF with under 5minutes to go, a dubious advantage called instead of a free kick and shot at goal probably denied the Lions a flag.
didnt hear mccrae complain about that one

Just heard a pretty good idea on radio someone came up with, that for all teams you play twice a year, each game is only worth 2 points, so effectively you can only get 4 points against each team in the comp.
The only downside I can see is the ladder wouldn’t be correct until the end of the year, but we have the same until all the byes are done currently.

Last edited:
Coming late to this one...but the SA Police force has nothing better to do than investigate hats being knocked off heads??

Also this is the key point for me....(as reported in the Age):

The Power supporter, who was leaning over a boundary fence and yelling abuse at Crows players as they left the field, reported the incident to police.

Coming late to this one...but the SA Police force has nothing better to do than investigate hats being knocked off heads??

The Power supporter, who was leaning over a boundary fence and yelling abuse at Crows players as they left the field, reported the incident to police.
He should be arrested for intimidation... with that haircut. LOL

Once a report is made they need to do something with it. I doubt they are actually spending any time on it.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

There is obviously a few ladder permutations to play out in this final round.

However one permutation is Port could end up playing Giants in W1 away and then potentially the Hawks at AO if they lose in W2. :rainbow:

Really need GWS to win as it will open up the opportunity for Freo to make the 8, thereby simultaneously forcing them to play to win vs Power and then GWS having a home final vs Port.

So what are people going to do if Port do win it? Cry and gnash teeth?

Or demand better by the AFC?

I know what I will be doing
I'll feel sick to the stomach for a week or two. My teeth will be well and truly gnashed. I remember the way I felt last time they won it. Don't want to have a repeat of that.

The AFC won't take any notice of anything fans say or do, unless attendance drop dramatically at Adelaide Oval, and people don't renew memberships.

ETA: What will you be doing?

So what are people going to do if Port do win it? Cry and gnash teeth?

Or demand better by the AFC?

I know what I will be doing
So after 27 years they finally were able to equal our record of 2 flags in the AFL. It took us just 7 years to win 2 flags.

They can come back to me when they are ahead of the ledger, not when they are equal.

I don’t think it is fair to make fun of anybody who has done so much for their sport as to deserve a statue.

Just heard a pretty good idea on radio someone came up with, that for all teams you play twice a year, each game is only worth 2 points, so effectively you can only get 4 points against each team in the comp.
The only downside I can see is the ladder wouldn’t be correct until the end of the year, but we have the same until all the byes are done currently.
I think you are missing something there. If you are still playing each other twice how do rewarding 2 points make any difference?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back