Opinion Non-Crows AFL 11

Remove this Banner Ad

The plane scheduled for the flight went tech.

These things happen with aircraft - and I'd much rather they fix the plane on the ground than the plane break down mid-flight.

As has been posted earlier, pretty much everyone has been re-booked on other flights - albeit some via Canberra and Melbourne. So, at worst, most people are getting into Sydney a few hours later than expected.

Is the situation sucky - absolutely. Does it look like Qantas managed to get everyone on their way - yes.

Should there be a EU style compensation scheme for situations like this - absolutely.
Most are arriving at Sydney airport less than an hour before the game. Won't make the first bounce.

Absolutely they shouldn't fly planes that are unsafe. But they could've used a plane that was earmarked for a flight to, say, Melbourne, to go to Sydney, and cancelled the Melbourne flight which wasn't as time sensitive.

These days it does seem that if you want to guarantee you are somewhere on time, you have to fly the day before. It shouldn't be like that

Heard something I hadn't heard before on SEN. Chris Scott was shortlisted to coach Port after Williams left. He was beaten to the job by Matthew Primus. Scott then won the Geelong job. Imagine if Scott had been there for the last 13 years building an empire of victories. Makes me shudder to think.
Interesting but I just think Scott and Geelong both fell into an amazing window that Scott has absolutely smashed

I'm just not sure he lasts 4 years at Port

But interesting thought experiment none the less

Interesting but I just think Scott and Geelong both fell into an amazing window that Scott has absolutely smashed

I'm just not sure he lasts 4 years at Port

But interesting thought experiment none the less
That was Port at its lowest ebb on and off field.

He wouldn't have helped I agree.

Interesting....Think he'd have plenty of support, IMO it's being overdone, the instance at the Gabba was cringeworthy.

If you listen to Uncle Colin’s Welcome to Country at the MCG they are quite respectful, short and don’t force an agenda either.

Some of the others are very divisive - remember one last year in AFLW and it went on for 15 mins I reckon (think it was the Roos vs Crows Preliminary Final from memory).

Disgusting stuff from Qantas. They should be moving heaven and earth to get a charter flight for these supporters today and I mean that genuinely. People were fleeced by the airlines pricewise for tonights game and then the airline cancels it on them.

And I believe it wasn’t one of their scheduled services - it was put on specifically for the final. Well that worked well.

Heard something I hadn't heard before on SEN. Chris Scott was shortlisted to coach Port after Williams left. He was beaten to the job by Matthew Primus. Scott then won the Geelong job. Imagine if Scott had been there for the last 13 years building an empire of victories. Makes me shudder to think.

From memory, Scott was the #1 choice and everything had been agreed upon except Scott wanted to bring over a whole set of assistants and Port couldn't afford to pay out the existing ones, so it fell over and Primus got the job as 2nd preference

From memory, Scott was the #1 choice and everything had been agreed upon except Scott wanted to bring over a whole set of assistants and Port couldn't afford to pay out the existing ones, so it fell over and Primus got the job as 2nd preference
Take note Damien Barrett, this is a real sliding doors moment.

Disgusting stuff from Qantas. They should be moving heaven and earth to get a charter flight for these supporters today and I mean that genuinely. People were fleeced by the airlines pricewise for tonights game and then the airline cancels it on them.

This is one thing that has surprised me. Why has the government through the ACCC not cracked down on price gauging through sporting events. Not everyone needing to go to Sydney would have been Port fans. The governments lack of inaction is really quite disgusting.

Remove this Banner Ad

Opinion Non-Crows AFL 11

Remove this Banner Ad

Back