Opinion Non-Crows AFL 11

Remove this Banner Ad

You aren't paying a fair price for the product provided.
So paying heavily discounted fares is paying a fair price?

I have no skin in this game as I rarely fly.

But its easy to see there is a close to margin rate applied over all airlines. From early cheap sales to late I gotta get to a funeral price the flights ( just) pay for themselves

I would suggest the current high price is a market driven one where - yes - the company is maximising its margins. Its not gouging but it can be seen to be for the casual flier

How has McBeen not found himself back on an AFL list, even 3 years ago! Could have been a Possibly type. Particularly when Melbourne and Collingwood have been so desperate for a tall forward

How has McBeen not found himself back on an AFL list, even 3 years ago! Could have been a Possibly type. Particularly when Melbourne and Collingwood have been so desperate for a tall forward
Age probably

Also, don't forget just how far off the SANFL is. He would've been worth a crack 2 or 3 tears ago. Not now.

That's what I mean though, 2 or 3 years ago one of those teams that desperately needed a key forward, would have been an easy rookie list addition
It's a tough one, he gets by in the SANFL because he's a huge man who can move a bit.

Recruiters are wary of key forwards in state leagues.

There's been a few that have been given a go over the years but none have ready made it.

Jono Beech, Brett Eddy, Adam Richardson etc

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Heard something I hadn't heard before on SEN. Chris Scott was shortlisted to coach Port after Williams left. He was beaten to the job by Matthew Primus. Scott then won the Geelong job. Imagine if Scott had been there for the last 13 years building an empire of victories. Makes me shudder to think.
This needs the Matrix bullet gif

The plane scheduled for the flight went tech.

These things happen with aircraft - and I'd much rather they fix the plane on the ground than the plane break down mid-flight.

As has been posted earlier, pretty much everyone has been re-booked on other flights - albeit some via Canberra and Melbourne. So, at worst, most people are getting into Sydney a few hours later than expected.

Is the situation sucky - absolutely. Does it look like Qantas managed to get everyone on their way - yes.

Should there be a EU style compensation scheme for situations like this - absolutely.
The Youtube channels Green Dot Aviation and Mentour Pilot gave me a new appreciation for what goes into making aviation safe. The engineering and training involved is crazy. That said, I think the Australian industry gets many of its problems from being a market of 'only' 27 million people spread across an area the size of the contiguous United States.

Now that I have gold membership, my plan for when the day finally comes and the Crows make a grand final is to drive there the day before.

The Youtube channels Green Dot Aviation and Mentour Pilot gave me a new appreciation for what goes into making aviation safe. The engineering and training involved is crazy. That said, I think the Australian industry gets many of its problems from being a market of 'only' 27 million people spread across an area the size of the contiguous United States.

Now that I have gold membership, my plan for when the day finally comes and the Crows make a grand final is to drive there the day before.
Let’s hope they allow you to drive at that age😉

Remove this Banner Ad

Opinion Non-Crows AFL 11

Remove this Banner Ad

Back