Opinion Non-Crows AFL 11

Remove this Banner Ad

The Carlton/Hawthorn deal means that Carlton can now trade for Houston, while still having a 2024 1st round pick. You'd think this was one of the main sticking points holding up the Houston deal, and by extension the Luko deal.

I think Carleton are making a bad mistake here. Port players never amount to much when traded. He isn't worth 2 first rounders and I wouldn't be surprised if he Huston has mediocre at best rest of his career.

I think Carleton are making a bad mistake here. Port players never amount to much when traded. He isn't worth 2 first rounders and I wouldn't be surprised if he Huston has mediocre at best rest of his career.
Not suggesting that they're going to give Port 2 first rounders.

Carlton now have picks 12 & 14. I'm suggesting that they will give Port pick 14, keeping 12 for themselves (and thus staying in the 1st round of the 2024 draft).

Port will then give GC their F1 for Luko, keeping pick 14 for themselves. They thus get Luko, and get themselves back into the 2024 1st round.

There might be some steak knives involved, but I suspect this will be the guts of the Houston/Luko trades.

This campaigner has done more to disrespect the Island than any other footy related person
and trash reputations further, now runs away.
About time, and a subtle message from the Indo government in the timing.

IMG_1980.jpeg

IMG_1979.jpeg IMG_1979.jpeg

Well.... no that's not right.
Well it's a bit of hyperbole, but draft picks, especially after the first half dozen or so are far riskier than most people seem to value them. Overwhelmingly, most ( 2/3rds to 3/4rs) draft picks ultimately fail.

Remove this Banner Ad

Opinion Non-Crows AFL 11

Remove this Banner Ad

Back