Opinion Non-Crows AFL 4: The Centre Cannot Hold

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.

The Freo game wasn't perfect weather... was bloody stinking hot! I spent the first quarter in my seat and the rest of the game standing up the back out of the sun lest my pasty white skin get cooked worse than Port's season.

Yeah fair call. It’s usually the rain that keeps people away though

Huge turnout

Friends Tv Lol GIF by Nick At Nite

Amazing. 'Tradition'. So deluded. A huge turn out of 15 members from the cheer squad. Absolutely insane.

I've been consistently saying it for the last few years, their team is massively overrated.
Yep - only other bets I have made with workmates (along with my presumedly failed $50 Carlton bet) was with a Paer supporter on our front-desk. Each week we pick a margin that each team will win / lose by and have the chance to wager a coffee on either. I've got about 3 coffees in credit when I get back from iso!!

After watching them play in the pre-season, then watching their first game - they just looked to be without a base to me. It is definitely going to turn the other way one weekend, but it will be a false dawn. They are now into the degradation phase of their list development! More youngsters from a shallower pool into a team that is performing badly - yikes, bad (recent) memories of how that goes.

Ken quote from presser: we were playing the game we wanted to play… but we weren’t scoring goals. Surely he's just taking the pi$$ right now
It was exactly the game he wanted. He tried desperately to keep the score as low as possible by stacking the backlines and around the ball. He forgot that he would also have to kick a goal if he wanted to win. He effectively gave his team no chance of winning, and the players knew it.

If they were going to sack him, it should be based on going in with that game plan.

Whatever makes people happy I guess but that’s just f***ing embarrassing
Unfortunately for the Power, they need party tricks, magic acts, dancing, songs etc etc to get fans to their games.

More so now than ever before given winning football games is low on their priority.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

And people think he doesn’t have a crack at them.
Well he backed himself after a corner after he smashed us in R1.

A figure they've failed to match so far.

What was the crowd number last night? It didn't look great for a 'blockbuster', stand alone, Thursday night game.

Now, I'm not saying it to smash Port (they are doing a good job of doing that to themselves). Instead I'm noting a consistent theme occurring across the AFL, with crowds down everywhere.
In SA we obviously have a LOT of people with Covid or in isolation. That is going to make it tough. BUT, I also think the cost of living issues are having an impact, along with a very real tiredness at how corrupt the VFL is.

I think we are going to see a lot more poor crowds this year.

Crowds here in Melbourne have been largely poor this year too.

I couldn't believe that a L3 seat behind goals halfway up to the roof is $45 for the Bombers game.

If I want a half decent seat on ground level, seats on L1 near 50m line were $69.

In the current climate with cost of living pressures rising its too expensive for many people, before you even factor in people who have covid fears (both with public transport getting to game, as well as seated at the game).

I ventured to the Port board.

Firstly, why do they have the ridiculous 'Est 900BC' in their board name? No other club has anything like that, why do they jam their 'history' down your throat like we care? Small club syndrome.

Secondly, it is dire in there. It reminds me of us in 2019 when everyone except the club could see we needed to start again.

On SM-A325F using BigFooty.com mobile app

I ventured to the Port board.

Firstly, why do they have the ridiculous 'Est 900BC' in their board name? No other club has anything like that, why do they jam their 'history' down your throat like we care? Small club syndrome.

Secondly, it is dire in there. It reminds me of us in 2019 when everyone except the club could see we needed to start again.

On SM-A325F using BigFooty.com mobile app
Its simple. Port cannot afford nor sustain a rebuild that could take 5+ years.

It was exactly the game he wanted. He tried desperately to keep the score as low as possible by stacking the backlines and around the ball. He forgot that he would also have to kick a goal if he wanted to win. He effectively gave his team no chance of winning, and the players knew it.

If they were going to sack him, it should be based on going in with that game plan.
Reminded me a bit of the Russians claiming their invasion of Ukraine is going to plan.

If that's going to plan, then it was a sh*t plan.

I've never understood the purpose of that weird march to the stadium they do. Do people not already know where it is by this point? They've been playing there for a while now.
Makes sense for away games, been to some ripper AUFC ones in Melbourne back in the early 2010's. Travelling supporters met at X pub and marched to the stadium.

Don't get it for home games though

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Remove this Banner Ad

Back