MFC Fans Only Non-Demons AFL Discussion – 2024: This year really stinks

Remove this Banner Ad

It's embarrassing how afraid the media are of Collingwood supporters.
Saw a fox footy post on the expectations for each team. Had Collingwood as flag contender. Must be because Houston makes the difference. Maybe we really missed out, damn Petracca. For the record the post had melbourne as finals contender. So we've gotten some favourable reviews as well.

Saw a fox footy post on the expectations for each team. Had Collingwood as flag contender. Must be because Houston makes the difference. Maybe we really missed out, damn Petracca. For the record the post had melbourne as finals contender. So we've gotten some favourable reviews as well.

The comp is close enough that literally any team that isn't eagles or Richmond is a finals contender imo

The comp is close enough that literally any team that isn't eagles or Richmond is a finals contender imo
Pretty sure I saw the post and it said exactly that.

I reckon the Pies are definitely flag contenders. Their best 23 is elite and their system is excellent.

Two big concerns for them tho is their lack of young talent and average depth.

Sent from my iPhone using BigFooty.com

I reckon the Pies are definitely flag contenders. Their best 23 is elite and their system is excellent.

I feel they've lost a bit of that aura they had though. They kept having all those big comebacks in 22/23 and never seemed beaten but haven't been able to replicate. Good in attack but think their defence is much leakier.
Still a decent chance to make finals and if they get a run on who knows, but wouldn't have them as a high flag chance to start the year.

I think they could definitely be seen as a contender. Especially as it’s an even comp.
Absolutely agree on their youth. They have very little coming though. And building through FA and trade is not sustainable if you’re recruiting Perryman on 900k a season.

I feel they've lost a bit of that aura they had though. They kept having all those big comebacks in 22/23 and never seemed beaten but haven't been able to replicate. Good in attack but think their defence is much leakier.
Still a decent chance to make finals and if they get a run on who knows, but wouldn't have them as a high flag chance to start the year.
100% they lost the aura last year. I think it was the GC game they lost. That was the game it went. They came back. Got in front. And then lost. That was not them. They are in contention. But relying on a few old boys too.

100% they lost the aura last year. I think it was the GC game they lost. That was the game it went. They came back. Got in front. And then lost. That was not them. They are in contention. But relying on a few old boys too.
They just added Schultz, Perryman and Houston last 12 months. DeGoey up and about is a top 10 player. Daicos arguably best player in the comp. More than handy ruckman. Quaynor, McReery, Hill are damn good mid 20s players, J Daicos is AA quality, Maynard and Moore close to that down back. Still have high quality senior players. Definitely a contender. Just need to conjure up a way to kick a few more goals.

They just added Schultz, Perryman and Houston last 12 months. DeGoey up and about is a top 10 player. Daicos arguably best player in the comp. More than handy ruckman. Quaynor, McReery, Hill are damn good mid 20s players, J Daicos is AA quality, Maynard and Moore close to that down back. Still have high quality senior players. Definitely a contender. Just need to conjure up a way to kick a few more goals.
I think they are in contention this year. But will start losing a few. And they have very little in terms of up and coming talent. They’ll need to find some gems late in draft and rookies etc. it’s possible. Naicos absolutely up in the contention for best in the league. JDG has the talent. But at 28 has never been top 3 best and fairest. Never been AA. If he becomes a genuine top 10 player this year it’s a massive boost for them.

I think they are in contention this year. But will start losing a few. And they have very little in terms of up and coming talent. They’ll need to find some gems late in draft and rookies etc. it’s possible. Naicos absolutely up in the contention for best in the league. JDG has the talent. But at 28 has never been top 3 best and fairest. Never been AA. If he becomes a genuine top 10 player this year it’s a massive boost for them.
I think they back themselves in attracting talent. Bit like the Cats who most predicted would fall off a cliff a few years ago. Pies don't stay down too long.

I think they back themselves in attracting talent. Bit like the Cats who most predicted would fall off a cliff a few years ago. Pies don't stay down too long.
I agree pies don’t stay down for long. I just wonder if they can attract talent like Danger and Cameron. Houston is a jet off half back. But he isn’t a match winner to the level of the two mentioned.
Cats have a knack of attracting players for less $. I was on the cats falling off a cliff and they never did. They also managed to get Bailey Smith in for bugger all. They play it very well.

I agree pies don’t stay down for long. I just wonder if they can attract talent like Danger and Cameron. Houston is a jet off half back. But he isn’t a match winner to the level of the two mentioned.
Cats have a knack of attracting players for less $. I was on the cats falling off a cliff and they never did. They also managed to get Bailey Smith in for bugger all. They play it very well.
I know what you mean, but saying Houston isn't a match winner when he's won a match with a goal after the siren is kinda amusing to me

But yeah i get what you mean. Although what i will actually say is in his position it's pretty hard to stand out as a match winner. He's not really going to get that important clearance and kick like a Danger, or swing momentum with goals like Cameron because he's at half back. A half backer can only really hope to turn the ball over or punch an aggressive kick that'll be forgotten about up the field. Or you have a Leo Barry match winning intercept

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Remove this Banner Ad

MFC Fans Only Non-Demons AFL Discussion – 2024: This year really stinks

Remove this Banner Ad

Back