MFC Fans Only Non-Demons AFL Discussion – 2024

Remove this Banner Ad

Also the whole "Simpson is a great strategic coach but not a development coach" is either face-saving bs to try and make the admin sacking him feel better or a flat out admission that Reid didn't want to play for him.

Jesus, this is cringe from Pyke

If you needed anymore proof that Pyke is a very weird man. What the actual ****. I'm trying to wrap my head around this, publically putting pressure on someone you just sacked to coach one more time for ????

If you needed anymore proof that Pyke is a very weird man. What the actual ****. I'm trying to wrap my head around this, publically putting pressure on someone you just sacked to coach one more time for ????
They would have put it to him before the press conference he would have said 'I'll give it some thought' then Pyke decided to publicly pressure him into it in the most passive aggressive manner possible. Simpson all but told Pyke to GAGF, love it.

Simpson isn't Nathan Buckley, why on earth would he want a farewell game from the Eagles especially when this all came about because he found out a bunch of his players were talking about how much they hate him behind his back.

I'm impressed by how Simpson handles himself. He'll find a job at another club easy. Wouldn't be surprised if he ends up reuniting with Clarkson at North.
He'll find another job easy. Would bet he'll be back as a head coach somewhere in the next 3 years. Maybe even sooner.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Also the whole "Simpson is a great strategic coach but not a development coach" is either face-saving bs to try and make the admin sacking him feel better or a flat out admission that Reid didn't want to play for him.
:eyes:

Maybe Reid is a culture killer and we are geniuses for not doing more to trade up for him.
What I'm thinking is Reid could have gotten Goodwin sacked.

**** I love Don Pyke he's so good.

Reminded me of that press conference Adelaide threw on a sunday arvo when they sacked Collective Minds.
Great stuff.
Remember when we smashed them in Alice Springs and for the three quarter time huddle he just stared at his players for five minutes.

**** I love Don Pyke he's so good.

Reminded me of that press conference Adelaide threw on a sunday arvo when they sacked Collective Minds.
Great stuff.
It’s amazing after that shit that he landed a job as CEO of one the richest and most powerful clubs. The AFL is such a fail upwards industry.

It’s amazing after that shit that he landed a job as CEO of one the richest and most powerful clubs. The AFL is such a fail upwards industry.
He seemed to to okay as a Swans assistant and you'd think that role made sense after the Adelaide fiasco since he can just be a strategist and doesn't have to people manage but I have no clue how he gets that CEO job.

He seemed to to okay as a Swans assistant and you'd think that role made sense after the Adelaide fiasco since he can just be a strategist and doesn't have to people manage but I have no clue how he gets that CEO job.

He was a former Eagle wasn't he? Probably why.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back