MFC Fans Only Non Demons Footy Chat 2023 - incl. AFL Grand Final

Remove this Banner Ad

Certainly hope not, but wouldn't be surprised.

Different to other teams outside of finals contention at this time of year – no picks to play for

Port has a lot to play for, I fully expect them to get the job done. Hawthorn over here 50/50 . Hawks might even be favs considering recent form.

Port has a lot to play for, I fully expect them to get the job done. Hawthorn over here 50/50 . Hawks might even be favs considering recent form.
Hope you're right. #ARG membership depends on it

Hope you're right. #ARG membership depends on it

If they beat Port ill get a bit nervous. But I dont think they will. Pretty confident, teams with everything to play for at this time of the year tend to get the job done more often than usual against teams that dont.

Essendon are the 5th worst team in the comp for me, genuinely shithouse, their supporters still love Hird though so * them.
Bring back Hirdy to coach and Sheeds should be president. Proper nuffies

Couldn’t help but drop a gloat bomb on the Bombers board. Worth a week in the sin-bin if mods dirty up. They are sh1thouse and deserve to be told it.

Last edited:
Bring back Hirdy to coach and Sheeds should be president. Proper nuffies
Really incestuous culture. I'm not saying knights was a great coach but they loved him when their downhill skiing style worked but when it didn't they turned sour. James hird also had an attacking down hill skiing style but it's okay because it's hirdy. Also on hird remember how badly they treated stanton because he wasn't as good as hirdy, boo you don't deserve the number. Imagine saying the same about spargo boo you're not David neitz you we expect 80 goals a year.

In a way this reminds me of every essendon final since 2004. They scrape in the 8 and get completely blown away from start to finish. In a way it is an elimination final because both teams need to win to make the 8. Another reason we don't need a wild card round.
Feels like they never bottomed out as hard we or a Carlton did, so haven’t quite copped it like we did, but, no finals win since 2004, comfortably the worst performing club over the last 20 years, just an embarrassment.

Feels like they never bottomed out as hard we or a Carlton did, so haven’t quite copped it like we did, but, no finals win since 2004, comfortably the worst performing club over the last 20 years, just an embarrassment.
Yeah but bottoming out doesn't always work both Melbourne and Carlton spent 10 years missing finals. I will say essendon made finals being average or a very soft draw. In 09 they made finals with 10-11-1 not exactly a winning season. Probably the only time they looked decent was in 2013 but they had the drug scandal which caused them to miss finals.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Bombers board is funny. Have seen one guy say this would never happen under James Hird, another reckons they need to trade for Harry McKay to fix them up.

Remove this Banner Ad

MFC Fans Only Non Demons Footy Chat 2023 - incl. AFL Grand Final

Remove this Banner Ad

Back