MFC Fans Only Non Demons Footy Chat 2023 - incl. AFL Grand Final

Remove this Banner Ad

On Carlton’s resurgence, I found a poster who earlier suggested that they were playing far below their talent:

Another feather in the cap for the CONSISTENTLY CORRECT COLLECTIVE 👀

Welcome to #ARG son

Carlton are poorly coached, they have way too much talent to be an average side.

I would guarantee that the people on here saying Carlton's depth isn't good enough wouldnt watch anywhere near enough of them to actually know that.

Percentage is a mess aswell. They are still a 6-10 team evidently. Vossy gotta be in big trouble here. Plenty of coaches would kill to have McKay, Curnow, Cripps, Walsh, Weitering and Saad as a starting 6. Just gotta find buy in and roles from the others to get the best out of those players. They aren't

Watch Carlton start playing well, and all their 'bog average' players start looking good.

I don't mind Silvagni. Decent one on one player wouldn't mind a look at him forward for us.

Good team, but they'd have to win four games in a row on the road (five if you include Carlton next week). Just can't see it
If youre going to do this bet you might as well do a double backing them to beat Carlton next week as the first leg.

You’d think at some point the sheer weight of that many high draft picks has to click. Especially if they’re enjoying the coach they’re playing under, which they seem to be. Still a long shot but in a year without a runaway standout flag favourite, maybe it could happen.

Won't last, but The Western losing to the Eagles would be pretty funny, even if it costs us our (very minute) chance at Harley Reid

Bulldogs pulling a Bombers out here atm.

Alex Witherden is one of the worst players I've ever seen. Soft as butter

Won't last, but The Western losing to the Eagles would be pretty funny, even if it costs us our (very minute) chance at Harley Reid

Im all for it. Just so I can laugh at the West Coast fans on the trade board who think they are hot shit and Reid solves all their problems.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Well seeing as the Eagles made sure North couldn't get lower than their % last week they can just play and just make sure they lose this week .

With the Eagles winning, do North still get first round compo (Pick 2) for Ben McKay now that they’ve effectively secured Harley Reid?

Seems waaaaay over the top.

With the Eagles winning, do North still get first round compo (Pick 2) for Ben McKay now that they’ve effectively secured Harley Reid?

Seems waaaaay over the top.
I don't know that anyone will pay McKay enough for it.

Think they get Sanders for free though.

Shame that Reid is done, but not too worried about him going to North.

Also get the sense that the AFL will get serious cold feet with the secret sauce that would have given them a first for McKay. He's just above ordinary and always injured. It would essentially be a punishment for WCE actually trying to win. The bidding all seems to be coming from VIC, and nobody will be overly keen to offer him the kind of money that would net them compo given North clearly want him to go. Could see the AFL telling them to match or to cop pick 20.

It's such a ****ing disgrace that they've never released the formula.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back