MFC Fans Only Non Demons Footy Chat 2023 - incl. AFL Grand Final

Remove this Banner Ad

Crows might be the best team ever to miss finals it's crazy the season they've had.
115% in the bottom six is unheard of. Deserved to be in there for sure. They should jump into the top 4 next year but not sure if their older blokes can go around again.

115% in the bottom six is unheard of. Deserved to be in there for sure. They should jump into the top 4 next year but not sure if their older blokes can go around again.
You finish where you deserve but they are so much better than Stkilda/Sydney/Essendon etc

The "we wouldnt be able to check the snicko because a player hit the post" is so dumb to me also.

Much like when you have bat pad in cricket, you can check where the ball is at the time of the noise. 95-99% of the time you'll be able to understand where the noise came from with the side on view (If the ball has crossed the line or if the ball hasn't reached the line its clearly a player hitting the post)

That smacked to me of some mid-level AFL official panicking and lying to the broadcasters.

The attempt on Fox Footy commentary to first claim it clearly hit the padding and then cycle through multiple excuses for the failure was nauseating.

Crows might be the best team ever to miss finals it's crazy the season they've had.

Reminds me of us in 1993, finished 10th in a 15 team league with a % of 112.

Made a prelim the next season.

Reminds me of us in 1993, finished 10th in a 15 team league with a % of 112.

Made a prelim the next season.
I think the crows are easily good enough for top 4 next year. They're bloody nearly good enough this year tbh

I think the crows are easily good enough for top 4 next year. They're bloody nearly good enough this year tbh

We came from 7th to make the prelim (first year the 8 came in and was still only 15 teams so a bit misleading), did it the hard way too, back when 7th played 2nd in week 1 of finals.

Similar to the Crows though, the 93-94 Dees could match it with anyone on their day.

Looking back at Sirengate. Funniest thing is the umpires converge and get informed that the siren had gone before Baker kicked the point, then for some reason they give Baker a free kick which he proceeds to miss again.

What a waste of a career Jesse Hogan's been.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Incredible that we’d love to have him now. But if he did come back you just know it wouldn’t work out.
Yeah I'll wait till he does it against a side that are actually trying. That was a VFL level game

What a waste of a career Jesse Hogan's been.

Yep. Looked a sure fire KPF star after his first few years. Amazing how someone like that can go backwards when theoretically young KPFs should only improve.

Sent from my iPhone using BigFooty.com

Amazing what a revamped forward line can do. Rachele and Rankine in particular have changed the whole complexion of their team. Fogarty has come on as well.

We need to do the same this off season. Would love to get GC’s pick 5. I’m warming to the idea of taking Nick Watson if we have two early picks. A Pickett and Watson small forward combo would cause absolute mayhem.

A Pickett and Watson small forward combo would cause absolute mayhem.

If we move the ball quick enough like Adelaide do to give their guys a chance I agree. If we play the slow down the line shit it will be a massive waste of a pick.

Poor Ziebell. What a shit way for him to end his career. Hope he makes a speedy recovery and the fwits who came at him get the book thrown at them.

Poor Ziebell. What a s**t way for him to end his career. Hope he makes a speedy recovery and the fwits who came at him get the book thrown at them.
What absolutely ****ing soft campaigners. Throw the book at em that 3-1 shit is for ****ing losers.

On Carlton’s resurgence, I found a poster who earlier suggested that they were playing far below their talent:
Carlton are playing so far below the talent/weapons they have. Some of the worst ball movement and defending you’ll ever see.

This. I don’t mean to disrespect St Kilda but you can see they are getting the most out of themselves. Carlton are terrible they seem to spend most of the game inviting the other side to attack with their turgid ball movement. If RTB was coaching them, they would’ve been up by 7-10 goals at halftime.

I disagree Toump Ass, I reckon their list stacks up and their system sucks.

A graders: Cripps, C Curnow, McKay, Walsh and Weitering get a game at any side in the comp.

The next tier of: Acres, Cerra, Docherty, Fisher, Hewett, Kennedy, Martin, TDK, Pittonet, Saad; are all good by AFL standard to capable of AA in their positions.

Their small forwards of C Durdin, Motlop and Owies are solid if not a tad underrated. Hollands also looks a good young player.

We can debate bottom of the 22/depth til the cows come home. I happen to think that Dow, Fogarty, O’Brien and Plowman are spuds and E Curnow is cooked. But, Boyd, Cuningham, Cottrell, Cowan, S Durdin, Cincotta, Marchbank, McGovern, Newman, Silvagni, Young doesn’t seem like better or worse bottom 22/depth than any other side in the comp. I haven’t seen enough of the likes of Carroll, Honey, Kemp and Philp to judge one way or the other. In fact I reckon you could swap the jumpers of Spargo and ANB with the likes of Owies and C Durdin and we’d see Spargo and ANB as crap whereas the other two would be important role players.

Carlton’s problem is a crap system and environment that doesn’t bring out the best in their players. I take your point about Bolton and Teague getting jobs after leaving but even Neeld got a job after driving us off a cliff. There’s definitely a boys club in play but also some blokes are better assistants than they are at handling the hot seat.

I think we can all agree that it’s great that they seem to be perennially s**t though.

It’s not the results so much, they just play a particularly stinky brand. They have the past two Coleman medallists in their side and move the ball at a glacial pace. They have talent but no system, I’d be pretty ****ed off if I were a Blues fan too.
Another feather in the cap for the CONSISTENTLY CORRECT COLLECTIVE 👀

Just had a squizz at Sportsbet flag odds. $51 for GWS seems pretty generous given the form they’re in. If they beat Carlton next week to make the eight expect that to halve.

Worth a cheeky tenner.

Just had a squizz at Sportsbet flag odds. $51 for GWS seems pretty generous given the form they’re in. If they beat Carlton next week to make the eight expect that to halve.

Worth a cheeky tenner.
Good team, but they'd have to win four games in a row on the road (five if you include Carlton next week). Just can't see it

Worth a cheeky tenner.

If youre going to do this bet you might as well do a double backing them to beat Carlton next week as the first leg.

MFC Fans Only Non Demons Footy Chat 2023 - incl. AFL Grand Final

Remove this Banner Ad

Back