MFC Fans Only Non Demons Footy Chat 2023 - incl. AFL Grand Final

Remove this Banner Ad

It's such a ******* disgrace that they've never released the formula.
There's been a few articles on it, this was an interesting one, the fox sports one too.
Official line is that if clubs knew the formula, it could be manipulated, which is bullshit obviously, but at the end of the day the formula doesn't really matter because the AFL get to sign off on it anyway.

Personally I reckon the compensations have almost always been fine. A quick skim of those articles tells me McKay needs to be in the Top 5% of salaries at his new club, which would be laughable because he's a spud.

I'd be so furious with Bevo if I was one of their supporters.

Why? Losses like this are far more about the players than the coach. If you need a coach to motivate you to win a must win game for finals against the bottom side just retire.

Why? Losses like this are far more about the players than the coach. If you need a coach to motivate you to win a must win game for finals against the bottom side just retire.

Why? Cos he is wasting a really good list.

And they keep losing the same way year after year.

And they just lost to the modern day Fitzroy.

On their home ground.

Sent from my iPhone using BigFooty.com

I agree but you could also argue that his coaching at a macro level has turned a good list into a bunch of flaky front runners.

Why? Cos he is wasting a really good list.

And they keep losing the same way year after year.

And they just lost to the modern day Fitzroy.

On their home ground.

Sent from my iPhone using BigFooty.com

If you need the Al Pacino Any Given Sunday speech for a game at home with finals on the line against West Coast coz you cant self motivate football isn't the sport for you. Today isn't his fault. Its all on the players.

I agree but you could also argue that his coaching at a macro level has turned a good list into a bunch of flaky front runners.

Yes, im not saying hes a great coach or hasn't wasted the list, he probably should be sacked, what im saying is hes such a dumb scapegoat today.

If you need the Al Pacino Any Given Sunday speech for a game at home with finals on the line against West Coast coz you cant self motivate football isn't the sport for you. Today isn't his fault. Its all on the players
Not so sure about this. Looks to me like he's lost the players. Performances like this are essentially a cry for help that the coaches have lost the plot and the players just don't care anymore.

Now, you can put that on the players if you want, but they were in a grand final only 2 years ago - they're not a basket case.

More interesting question is why is the playing group so unmotivated? I think their list is vastly overrated but they're better than this...have you seen the clip pre-game of Bevo saying he's essentially nervous and isn't sure how the game is going to go? He's lost the plot/players

Not so sure about this. Looks to me like he's lost the players. Performances like this are essentially a cry for help that the coaches have lost the plot and the players just don't care anymore.

Now, you can put that on the players if you want, but they were in a grand final only 2 years ago - they're not a basket case.

More interesting question is why is the playing group so unmotivated? I think their list is vastly overrated but they're better than this...have you seen the clip pre-game of Bevo saying he's essentially nervous and isn't sure how the game is going to go? He's lost the plot/players
Your argument doesn't make sense you're saying the playing group threw away finals to get Bevo sacked and then still wanna blame Bevo?

That's a group of players with shit leadership among themselves, they shouldn't even need a coach at the ground to beat WC

Don't care anymore was maybe a bit strong, what I mean to say is they're disillusioned/confused/don't trust the game plan anymore.

Right, so why does the team have no leadership then? At some point Bevo has to take responsibility - this is his team.

If this shit was happening under Goody there would have been toys thrown out of the cot on this board (and rightly so).

(Log in to remove this ad.)

If this s**t was happening under Goody there would have been toys thrown out of the cot on this board (and rightly so).

Speak for yourself, don't speak for me, if we had lost to the Hawks yesterday I would have gone after the players far more than the coach. Complete lack of motivation from our stars. They looked like they rolled out of bed expecting a win. Luckily our list has a bit more pride in themselves than the Dogs players and we were able to get the upper hand eventually and not give it back.

Last edited:
I think you sack the list manager before Bevo. 0 key defenders and then they go and waste money on Treloar which was the most pointless trade in recent memory.

Actually Grundy was worse
Surely the head coach has a bit to say in all that though. They would tell the list manager what sort of players they need in the side and the list manager/recruiter would focus on finding the best fits for that need.

Surely the head coach has a bit to say in all that though. They would tell the list manager what sort of players they need in the side and the list manager/recruiter would focus on finding the best fits for that need.

Yep, if the club is run properly (ie:not like Essendon) the list manager is recruiting the type of players the coach asks him to for his vision.

One of the knocks on Bevo is he is way too involved with the list management.

He personally brought Hannan back to the club after we took him from their VFL team.

One of the knocks on Bevo is he is way too involved with the list management.

He personally brought Hannan back to the club after we took him from their VFL team.
Has feuds with players, plays favourites. Doesn't seem like a good manager of people.

Goody having a crack at McInness was dumb but no one sooks it up like Bevo in a press conference. Blaming the critics and saying they're not sophisticated enough to understand the game when asked if they're wasting their list.

Kane Cornes the best at calling out this sort of bs. Played a clip of the Dogs CEO saying they have a top 4 list against Bevo's presser.

Goody having a crack at McInness was dumb but no one sooks it up like Bevo in a press conference. Blaming the critics and saying they're not sophisticated enough to understand the game when asked if they're wasting their list.

Kane Cornes the best at calling out this sort of bs. Played a clip of the Dogs CEO saying they have a top 4 list against Bevo's presser.

Always been a horrible media performer. Massive front runner. Too emotional and takes fair hard questions to heart, no idea how to handle the media when the team is going bad.

I think you sack the list manager before Bevo. 0 key defenders and then they go and waste money on Treloar which was the most pointless trade in recent memory.

Actually Grundy was worse

I think Treloar has been good, not great, but they are not paying top dollar for him.

Maybe Rory Lobb is a better example as he eats up the salary and stops Darcy from playing (why not just get games into Darcy he can be just as useless for a season in the same position BUT he could develop.)

I thought the Lyon appointment at st kilda would be bad but don’t reckon he could have done any better this year. Secured finals with a terrible run with injury and discovered a bunch of kids along the way.
Imo the coach of the year but wont win it. Voss will probably get it despite them wasting half a season and missing top 4 as a result.

MFC Fans Only Non Demons Footy Chat 2023 - incl. AFL Grand Final

Remove this Banner Ad

Back