MFC Fans Only Non Demons Footy Chat 2023 - incl. AFL Grand Final

Remove this Banner Ad

What a debacle this Adelaide non-goal review was/is - I thought we got stiffed last week against the Blues.

In my view, as the technology improves, goal umpires will be phased out - like lines people in tennis. Field umpires will always be needed but goal umpiring needed to be guided by technology.

Commentators love to see ''goal umpire was in the best position'' - even if thats the case, they are still prone to human error and then having thousands of people baying for their blood for making that error. AFL really needs to strengthen its process for goal review while the technology is still flawed.

Another stain on the integrity of the game to have a team miss out on finals for such a basic error. And in many ways on somewhat relieved because I did not want us to be facing the Crows in finals - but its terrible for the competition.

Also had to laugh at that moron Dwayne Russell saying ''THE SWANS SEND A WARNING TO THE COMPETITION!" - after essentially losing to Adelaide who kicked 4.8 in the last qtr - should have lost by more. Who exactly have Sydney beaten in the last month...Essendon? Bulldogs? Gold Coast...I predict they'll be knocked in week 1 of finals.

Bevo’s gone stale. Hit that 9-10 year mark where the same voice with same strategies and methods of motivation just start to get tedious to listen to. Plus he’s an abrasive little pr1ck, overly emotional and I don’t think he’s among the most cerebral of coaches. Brilliant man manager at his best but the magic has gone.

Lobb recruitment when they had 3 other key talls and obvious key defensive deficiencies was crazy. List manager needs to come under scrutiny as well but coach’s time is definitely up.

They just need to review any goal that looks sus and have the ARC overrule the on ground umpire if theres conclusive evidence.
Knowing the result was wrong and still not correcting it is not the right way to handle things.

I thought the Lyon appointment at st kilda would be bad but don’t reckon he could have done any better this year. Secured finals with a terrible run with injury and discovered a bunch of kids along the way.
Interestingly I don't think he's discovered any of the prime kids on the list before this year (Owens, Windhager, NWM), they were all developing well under Ratten, but he's certainly helped their role players (and they have heaps) play at a consistent level most weeks. That's always been Ross' strength too.

I would like, but it will not happen, for the Media to just leave the Bombers alone for this week. Even talk them up otherwise I see them going mental in the last game against Collingwood and win. Of course if Collingwood lose then Melbourne are off to Gabba for the first final.

I would like, but it will not happen, for the Media to just leave the Bombers alone for this week. Even talk them up otherwise I see them going mental in the last game against Collingwood and win. Of course if Collingwood lose then Melbourne are off to Gabba for the first final.

Not necessarily. If Pies lose and finish second we could beat Swans and finish 3rd. Result still being an MCG final against Pies.

Last edited:
ahh, good times...

...has me reminiscing also Toump Ass

Melbourne-Demons-face-an-angry-crowd-755x515.jpg

(Log in to remove this ad.)

It truly is special that the lead football writer of the biggest paper is a BigFooty nuffy.

Disappointed he wasn't on 360 tonight, would have been the first time ive watched it since our premiership. Really wanted to see him melt.

Disappointed he wasn't on 360 tonight, would have been the first time ive watched it since our premiership. Really wanted to see him melt.
Bloke is always crook these days. His best work is when Essendon fall apart. He always says they should get Hird back.

Fickle Western fans, we'd have killed for a mere 10 point loss in those days, even if it was against Gungahlin 3rds.
Bet they won't even give their boys a standing ovation when they're ten points down at half time next week.

Not gonna lie I'm not going to take the high road here as imagine this board if we lost to the 2023 eagles and cost ourselves top 4 lol
Tbf, there's a bit of a differrence between melting on BigFooty and screaming your face off at the ground to the players walking off.

That being said no judgement to those that do it. They probably woke up today feeling pretty embarrassed with themselves.

It's pretty ugly, I couldn't imagine heckling the players off like that. It's not as if they didn't give a * they had a bad game.

There's a difference between having a bad game and choking away your finals against arguably the worst team in the league.

Bevo actually made Simmo look like Lethal on Sunday. When you do that it's hard to take you seriously as a coach or a club.

That was not a skills problem, that was an effort problem. Bevo needs to wear at least some of that.

There's a difference between having a bad game and choking away your finals against arguably the worst team in the league.

Bevo actually made Simmo look like Lethal on Sunday. When you do that it's hard to take you seriously as a coach or a club.

That was not a skills problem, that was an effort problem. Bevo needs to wear at least some of that.
Doesn't matter, it's no excuse for such embarrassing behaviour.

MFC Fans Only Non Demons Footy Chat 2023 - incl. AFL Grand Final

Remove this Banner Ad

Back