MFC Fans Only Non Demons Footy Chat 2023 - incl. AFL Grand Final

Remove this Banner Ad

Not elite. Just crap
That's all
ok?

When did I say Salem was elite?

Is it exhausting, arguing with yourself over things that were never said?

As I said earlier , if we cant win one of our next two we dont deserve to make top 4 so I dont really care about what Carlton do
Carlton will probably lose to the Giants next week. They've just launched a monster comeback after a finals level game the week before. They'll be exhausted, and the Giants look cherry ripe and now need to win to make the 8. We would be even more cooked than last year if we went into the finals having lost 3 on the trot, regardless of the double chance.

Carlton will probably lose to the Giants next week. They've just launched a monster comeback after a finals level game the week before. They'll be exhausted, and the Giants look cherry ripe and now need to win to make the 8. We would be even more cooked than last year if we went into the finals having lost 3 on the trot, regardless of the double chance.

Teams coming off 100 point wins dont usually go very well the following week as strange as that seems.

ok?

When did I say Salem was elite?

Is it exhausting, arguing with yourself over things that were never said?
Remember after the game when we talking about how Salem was shit and you said people should be embarrassed by how good his 10 weeks back were.

They weren't and hes shit

You just know they will review the s**t out of everything now too, slowing the game down terribly
It's funny that people complain about too many reviews and that the umpire should be more confident, and now the umpire was deadset confident and everyone saying why no review? Thing is it's a really crucial decision. Can't wait to see balls being touched a metre over the line in finals and umpire reviewing every single one.

It's funny that people complain about too many reviews and that the umpire should be more confident, and now the umpire was deadset confident and everyone saying why no review? Thing is it's a really crucial decision. Can't wait to see balls being touched a metre over the line in finals and umpire reviewing every single one.
If I were ump I'd always go for goal as the soft call if I were unsure. If I'm wrong the system will pick it up. Much harder to disprove a negative.

Remember after the game when we talking about how Salem was s**t and you said people should be embarrassed by how good his 10 weeks back were.

They weren't and hes s**t
Ok, but what does that have to do with Noah Anderson not being in the top echelon of league mids 🤣

I think you and I have spent enough time discussing your views on Salem without you shoe-horning it into a totally irrelevant conversation for literally 0 reason at all.

When was the last time a finals series didn't contain
Richmond
Hawthorn
Geelong
Collingwood
Sydney

It seems that every series contains at least one of these teams.

Furthermore only 2 GFs in the last 21 years were played without any of these teams.

Brisbane vs Port in 2004

Melbourne vs WB in 2021.

Furthermore only 2 GFs in the last 21 years were played without any of these teams.

Brisbane vs Port in 2004

Melbourne vs WB in 2021.
Suppose in the 90s there would have been almost 0 finals series where at least two of North, Essendon and Carlton didn't play. They've not fired a shot in the 23 years since.

Suppose in the 90s there would have been almost 0 finals series where at least two of North, Essendon and Carlton didn't play. They've not fired a shot in the 23 years since.

Carlton 95
NM 99
Ess 2000

Carlton have a shot this year. They've caught fire mid-year and haven't looked back.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Pretty funny last week highlighted how crap the technology is and this week a decision so clearly wrong that even the dodgy tech could have overturned it was not even reviewed.

Clear air. The arrogance and dereliction of duty to not even take it to review tells me that this one is even worse than ours, which was just a spineless official. If this bloke isn't sacked on Monday, I don't know what to say.

Maybe my eyes are deceiving me but it looks like the ball’s pitch does change a tiny bit as it gets to the top of the padding and then its spin pattern is slightly slower after that point.

Still should’ve been reviewed.

Maybe my eyes are deceiving me but it looks like the ball’s pitch does change a tiny bit as it gets to the top of the padding and then its spin pattern is slightly slower after that point.

Think you're seeing things mate that doesn't deviate at all.

Ok, but what does that have to do with Noah Anderson not being in the top echelon of league mids 🤣

I think you and I have spent enough time discussing your views on Salem without you shoe-horning it into a totally irrelevant conversation for literally 0 reason at all.

Yeah but you said Salem is elite but he's not and I'm gonna bring it up even if it has nothing to do with anyone. OK?!!

Sent from my iPhone using BigFooty.com

Exactly what I thought when I saw it the first time, when they sync up the side on view and forward view though its without doubt a goal.

Just another note, the ump wears glasses, and it was a rainy night!! FFS. If there was anyone who should be calling for a review its him.

The "we wouldnt be able to check the snicko because a player hit the post" is so dumb to me also.

Much like when you have bat pad in cricket, you can check where the ball is at the time of the noise. 95-99% of the time you'll be able to understand where the noise came from with the side on view (If the ball has crossed the line or if the ball hasn't reached the line its clearly a player hitting the post)

MFC Fans Only Non Demons Footy Chat 2023 - incl. AFL Grand Final

Remove this Banner Ad

Back