Oppo Camp Non Eagles AFL discussion thread II

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.

HoneyBadger35 probably has screen shots

Alas, I throughly enjoyed the Freo and Port grand final threads, but didn’t keep any (aside from one of my sig quotes). Was too busy going everywhere in Melbourne with an Eagles jumper/scarf combo to engage in bigfooty point scoring over that weekend.

The above is correct though, they were absolutely nuking anything. If anyone dared say something inflammatory like “gee you’ve got to hand it to them, they’re always competitive and we could take a leaf out of their book” the post was blasted into space.

PS. I love that that’s my reputation, because I do have an inordinate number of BigFooty posts screenshotted.

Alas, I throughly enjoyed the Freo and Port grand final threads, but didn’t keep any (aside from one of my sig quotes). Was too busy going everywhere in Melbourne with an Eagles jumper/scarf combo to engage in bigfooty point scoring over that weekend.

The above is correct though, they were absolutely nuking anything. If anyone dared say something inflammatory like “gee you’ve got to hand it to them, they’re always competitive and we could take a leaf out of their book” the post was blasted into space.

PS. I love that that’s my reputation, because I do have an inordinate number of BigFooty posts screenshotted.
Definitely a much better use of your time.

HoneyBadger35 probably has screen shots

Actually I found this one deep in a messenger convo from around Grand Final time. Don’t know if it’s from their GF thread, if it was taken down or any of that, but still a good chuckle.

d7f418f9b322f14f01683e4838bfb31f.jpg

The outward appearance of success is an all time deflection for a side you clearly hate just winning a flag down several key players against an MCG tenant days prior.

So Crowley's on the back page of the paper talking up how derbies are "more than just a game" and how "the boys will be hurting" over how many they've lost.

Typical loser mentality. Cant see past Big Brother.

Not to mention normally you’ve got to win the pre lim to get into the gf
There’re just never happy :grinning:

Beams the latest to take a break for mental health.

Revealed some of the online trolling he received recently and coupled with his long term injury sounds like he's doing it tough at the moment poor guy.
I believe this is 100% genuine.

Ive never seeked help, but ive definetly have mental health issues that rear its head. The pressure of work, trying to juggle the heathcare needs of a child whos got a disability requiring frequent planned and unplanned visits to PCH. There are times i just wanted to stay in bed, but my employer isnt a charity. I need to work to get paid to provide for my family but also all the additional healthcare related expenses. I assume being a professional AFL player can affoad to take leave and focus 100% on theirental health, they still get their paid contract. Is normal people dont have that luxury so we just push on and deal with it internally. Not saying its right or.wrong its just.how it is

(Log in to remove this ad.)

It's a sobering fact that in Australia if your between 18-44 the leading cause of death is suicide. Guys complete suicide at 3 times the rate of women. Our crap mental health system doesn't help. A lack of paid leave and support for people who are going through tough times doesn't help. What Dayne is talking about is really serious stuff and it's great that he is stepping up and showing younger players that it's ok to take a breath of you need it. Good on him.

Anyone else at a loss as to why Longmire is rated so highly at the moment? Honestly think he's underachieved by a fair margin at the Swans.

Agree, I rate him among the most limited of coaches going around.

He has one card - flood back in numbers and run possession out in chains. It's as if the entirety of all that has happened since 2006 (zones, pressing possession etc) has made no impact upon him at all from a tactical perspective.

He has in my opinion, been exceptionally fortunate to have had both the quality of players at his disposal and the shortest ground in the competition as a home venue.

Lets not forget that the Swans pushed the additional COLA salary cap space to the limit, adding Tippett and Franklin in successive seasons to a squad that won the premiership in 2012 without any player loss the other way, prompting voices such as Malthouse to consider their squad at the time to be the best ever.

Longmire however, had no idea how to change his one-trick system to incorporate the new key forwards (and still doesn't). What should have been a dynasty became a lone Grand Final appearance on the wrong end of a 10 goal loss in 2014.

Since 2012 the Swans finals record is 6-9; 1-5 outside of Sydney.

If he ends up getting the job at North (or elsewhere in Victoria) I would not be at all surprised if it were to end up as it did for Eade at Gold Coast.

He has one card - flood back in numbers and run possession out in chains. It's as if the entirety of all that has happened since 2006 (zones, pressing possession etc) has made no impact upon him at all from a tactical perspective.

He has in my opinion, been exceptionally fortunate to have had both the quality of players at his disposal and the shortest ground in the competition as a home venue.

Lets not forget that the Swans pushed the additional COLA salary cap space to the limit, adding Tippett and Franklin in successive seasons to a squad that won the premiership in 2012 without any player loss the other way, prompting voices such as Malthouse to consider their squad at the time to be the best ever.

Longmire however, had no idea how to change his one-trick system to incorporate the new key forwards (and still doesn't). What should have been a dynasty became a lone Grand Final appearance on the wrong end of a 10 goal loss in 2014.

If he ends up getting the job at North (or elsewhere in Victoria) I would not be at all surprised if it were to end up as it did for Eade at Gold Coast.
They also made the grannie in 2016 where they were potentially robbed by some of the most disgraceful umpiring I've ever seen. But overall I still agree.

Last edited:
It's a sobering fact that in Australia if your between 18-44 the leading cause of death is suicide. Guys complete suicide at 3 times the rate of women. Our crap mental health system doesn't help. A lack of paid leave and support for people who are going through tough times doesn't help. What Dayne is talking about is really serious stuff and it's great that he is stepping up and showing younger players that it's ok to take a breath of you need it. Good on him.
Yep it is very real.

I’ve just quit my long term job. I’ve nothing to go to but my mental health was starting to disintegrate & this my friends is no good when you have 5 kids and a working wife (who is bipolar)

So yeah not employed, off to Malaysia with my eldest as she represents WA for her track and field then come back and look at my options

Life is too short.

Yep it is very real.

I’ve just quit my long term job. I’ve nothing to go to but my mental health was starting to disintegrate & this my friends is no good when you have 5 kids and a working wife (who is bipolar)

So yeah not employed, off to Malaysia with my eldest as she represents WA for her track and field then come back and look at my options

Life is too short.
Good luck Biggie, I did something similar a few years back and things panned out ok.

Good luck Biggie, I did something similar a few years back and things panned out ok.
Got something in mind man, to do with women’s footy tbh. Very early stages but I’m hoping I can get onboard the train hat is gathering momentum.

Here’s hoping 😊

Actually I found this one deep in a messenger convo from around Grand Final time. Don’t know if it’s from their GF thread, if it was taken down or any of that, but still a good chuckle.

d7f418f9b322f14f01683e4838bfb31f.jpg

The outward appearance of success is an all time deflection for a side you clearly hate just winning a flag down several key players against an MCG tenant days prior.

Stupid Eagles trying to win premierships in the AFL.

THATS NOT WHAT FOOTY IS ABOUT!

So he is basically Ross Lyon with a bigger salary cap and less sexual harrassment?

Yep it is very real.

Life is too short.

Good luck mate. Your brave decision will be rewarded in time I'm sure. Enjoy the trip. Family trumps all!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Remove this Banner Ad

Back