Oppo Camp Non-Eagles Discussion

Remove this Banner Ad

So out of curiosity for all those calling for Dangers head over the tackle, how was he supposed to complete the tackle in that situation?

He didn't sling him, wasn't two motions and Walsh threw himself forward the moment he felt the contact from Danger, contributing to the momentum.

What's his alternative here aside from not tackling him? If you don't pin the arms he gets to literally throw the ball to a teammate under the current interpretation of the rules.

The games ****ed, genuinely and truly ****ed if this pretty tame tackle is causing so much angst.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

So out of curiosity for all those calling for Dangers head over the tackle, how was he supposed to complete the tackle in that situation?

He didn't sling him, wasn't two motions and Walsh threw himself forward the moment he felt the contact from Danger, contributing to the momentum.

What's his alternative here aside from not tackling him? If you don't pin the arms he gets to literally throw the ball to a teammate under the current interpretation of the rules.

The games ****ed, genuinely and truly ****ed if this pretty tame tackle is causing so much angst.
Ofcourse its fkd but thats how the games going.

If you pin both arms and the tackled player’s head hits the ground your done. That’s my interpretation of the AFL tribunal. Now I expect because it’s Dangerfield he will get off on appeal.

If you pin both arms and the tackled player’s head hits the ground your done. That’s my interpretation of the AFL tribunal. Now I expect because it’s Dangerfield he will get off on appeal.

You didn't answer my question though.

What's the alternative either than not tackle the player or tackle them ineffectively? At that point we may as well remove the tackle from the game altogether as the purpose of it is to prevent the opponent from effectively disposing of the ball/turning it over.

You didn't answer my question though.

What's the alternative either than not tackle the player or tackle them ineffectively? At that point we may as well remove the tackle from the game altogether as the purpose of it is to prevent the opponent from effectively disposing of the ball/turning it over.
AFL don’t care. They didn’t care that the guy tried to sidestep Reid which added to the motion. Reid should’ve let him go apparently. We were just trying to say it should only be 1 week like all of these others coming up but nope.
I’m still perplexed how the potential to injure was added to Reid’s to get the extra week but all others are just a standard week or apparently nothing.

AFL don’t care. They didn’t care that the guy tried to sidestep Reid which added to the motion. Reid should’ve let him go apparently. We were just trying to say it should only be 1 week like all of these others coming up but nope.
I’m still perplexed how the potential to injure was added to Reid’s to get the extra week but all others are just a standard week or apparently nothing.

And that's the issue, there's absolutely no actual standard or alternative being provided by the AFL, they are making it up as they go along and it's only causing more and more confusion and frustration.

I'm so done with the game as a whole at this point and beyond supporting my team honestly if it just died right off I wouldn't even be that upset, it's a mockery of the game I grew up playing and loving.

Remove this Banner Ad

Oppo Camp Non-Eagles Discussion

Remove this Banner Ad

Back