Oppo Camp Non-Eagles Discussion

Remove this Banner Ad

Based on Yeo being on his knees and picking up the footy getting tackled immediately and it being holding the ball. I reckon I saw 4 or 5 similar incidents get called a ball up in that last quarter and not a word from the commentary team that it should have been holding the ball.
The amount of players that tackle the guy to ground and then while down there get the footy and go to get it out only to be tackled themselves is a common occurrence in footy once you are looking for it.
They wanted the Roos fairytale first win, but then they wanted the massive comeback win for the Pies. Of course we get stiffed in the close one. The Magpies arse their way into top 4 spot - and probably will be at the end of the year - for a third consecutive year. If they win the GF by under a goal yet again despite looking bog average it would not surprise me one bit. Might as well put money on them, won't be surprised if a lot of people working in the league are. The more commercial/business oriented leagues become the more corrupt imo.

They wanted the Roos fairytale first win, but then they wanted the massive comeback win for the Pies. Of course we get stiffed in the close one. The Magpies arse their way into top 4 spot - and probably will be at the end of the year - for a third consecutive year. If they win the GF by under a goal yet again despite looking bog average it would not surprise me one bit. Might as well put money on them, won't be surprised if a lot of people working in the league are. The more commercial/business oriented leagues become the more corrupt imo.
Calm down children. Just worry about the monster under your bed.

North robbed twice. Clear HTB on Daicos, then a clear 50. Disgusting.
To be fair Daicos should have got a free in amongst all that. When he soccered the ball over his head his opponent had both arms wrapped around him, as clear a hold as you will see.

When you’re a minnow Victorian club you might be able to get bailed out by the umps outside Victoria but not when you’re playing one of the money spinners who are in danger of missing the finals with a loss

Umpiring/rules continue to be a blight on the game

Sad but true.

The whole manipulation of outcomes and integrity inconsistencies by the vAFL, on so many levels for me, is rapidly eroding my interest in the competition.

• Draft Compromises.
  • Compensation Picks.
  • Fixtures.
  • Tribunal System.
  • Academy's - Nice if you get one.
  • NGA Disparity.
  • Funding.
  • Rule Changes.
To but name a few of my gripes.

Then to really piss me off and turn me off the game, and where it's heading, is the morally evil insidious interwoven connection and association by the vAFL with gambling in all its forms.

Aleer shows good technique in getting the footy side on, protecting himself.

The Port player goes in recklessly head first and gets a free kick.

Do we need to stop paying those? I remember being taught as a kid to go side on, absorb impact, get the ground ball.

Sad but true.

The whole manipulation of outcomes and integrity inconsistencies by the vAFL, on so many levels for me, is rapidly eroding my interest in the competition.

• Draft Compromises.
  • Compensation Picks.
  • Fixtures.
  • Tribunal System.
  • Academy's - Nice if you get one.
  • NGA Disparity.
  • Funding.
  • Rule Changes.
To but name a few of my gripes.

Then to really piss me off and turn me off the game, and where it's heading, is the morally evil insidious interwoven connection and association by the vAFL with gambling in all its forms.
Honestly there's no point complaining unless you vote with your feet. Sport is one of the opiates of the masses, but it gives us symbolic meaning. But imo it's not worth letting it affect your mental health - well mostly speaking of myself - dealing with the corruption.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

To be fair Daicos should have got a free in amongst all that. When he soccered the ball over his head his opponent had both arms wrapped around him, as clear a hold as you will see.
He also fended off a roos player in the face then ducked into the tackle he failed to feed off for a free . I honestly thought it was going the other way and so did the roos player .
Results in an inside 50 and goal

Agree particularly with this. AFL happy to lead on social issues where it costs them SFA. But comparing gambling with say, homophobia, of the two which affects more people (and often in a far bigger way)? The AFL are (rightly) all over one but hardly even pretend to be concerned about the other.

Hypocrites.

Maynard incident getting ticked off imminently, or do they apply the elusive ‘potential to injure’ rule on players not named Harley Reid too?
If the AFL were serious about dangerous tackles that would be two weeks straight up. Easily a more dangerous tackle than the one that Barrass was suspended for. It won't even be looked at because noone was injured and the player's head didn't hit the ground.

How is it not 50 metres when 2 Collingwood players charge over the mark after a mark is paid?

Sent from my iPhone using BigFooty.com
I'd have to watch it again but live I thought the kick went about 10m and the umpire hadn't paid the mark before they went over it. Not unreasonable to think it was going to be play on.

I'd have to watch it again but live I thought the kick went about 10m and the umpire hadn't paid the mark before they went over it. Not unreasonable to think it was going to be play on.
That was my initial thought as well having seen the replay without context

Remove this Banner Ad

Back