Oppo Camp Non-Eagles Discussion

Remove this Banner Ad

That isn't the point.

Firstly, no one's head exploded and no one is saying he doesn't have a right to get a job anywhere he wants. The issue is the inundation of gambling ads, segments and general spruiking in all things AFL, not just normalising gambling (again, a perfectly legal activity) but pushing it down our throats like a Ron Jeremy montage, without a care for the harm it causes, whilst also taking moral stances on other societal issues. Not only is there clear hyprocrisy, it seems clear that on this societal issue, the AFL has been bought off.

Again, all perfectly legal like politicians getting plum industry jobs in sectors they oversaw, but doesn't mean people can't call it out for what it is and have an issue with it. I actually don't give a fk where Gil works and would be perfectly happy to never see his head again, but I get tired of the continual gambling promotion when I watch the footy and see broader issues with it.
Ron Jeremy montage?

Do you have that one on VHS !

lulz

The AFL's footy boss Laura Kane says once Scott took a few steps inbound, the umpire should have called play on. She said given the umpire erred in giving no direction after blowing the whistle, either to play on or for the Collingwood players to stand the mark, the Magpies pair were correctly not penalised with a 50m penalty.

Kane's explanation is treating it like they were in the marking contest. Note - they weren't and continued to stream towards a player that took an uncontested mark that was paid. Its automatically 50. There's no warning for that. You get a warning to get back if you were in the contest and overstepped. It happened on Friday night in Bris v Saints game.

Lol -no surprises. They grabbed one that they could try and explain by conflating events (the North Player on "played on" after both Pies were 2 meters over the mark and about the tackle him) and ignored the obvious howlers (of the HTB and throws).

Also not enough evidence to overturn the Crisp goal? The wobbly fingers after the ball has passed has been used to overturn numerous decisions. Hell in the Power Giants game there was an invisible toe poke apparently used to overturn one of Green's goals. It may have been there but it certainly wasn't conclusive and the umpire signaled a goal. So it wasn't as if it was a goal review etc.
Yet that with the clear finger wobble gets the ok?

That is certainly some hoops to jump through to get there. Gee.

So because the umpire didn't say anything that means there was technically nothing for the Pies players to infringe against?

This can't be real.

I am really starting to dislike this woman.

She can’t seriously think that the masses will buy the shit she spews out.

Woudnt be at all surprised if she was on the executive of The Flat Earth Society,
woman is so unrealistic with her justifications, she lives in dream world and views things with her head jammed firmly up her arse.

It’s why society uses and needs Independent Auditors , because it’s human nature, for individuals to be so biased and lack the impartiality to accurately assess, judge and validate their own work.

She is coming across as a failed cake decorator, each week she spreads icing 🧁 on top of a turd 💩 and try to sell us all a sponge cake 🍰.

Sorry we ain’t buying your tarted up turds.

Last edited:
She should have just said that we need to investigate how the ball identified first in that situation, in order to make a judgment.

Would have made more sense than the utter horse shit that came out of her mouth.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

I hope every coach comes out and just calls this utter bullshit out.
They won't, but they should.

What a completely crazy explanation.
So players now can encroach the mark as long as stand hasn't been called yet? f'n ludicrous.

If Robbo and Gerard aren't calling this the garbage it is tonight on 360 there is zero hope for the AFL.
I'm not having my hopes up but goddamn is this possibly the worst call and worst justification of a call in a long time.
It's certainly the first time i've been enraged about umpiring decisions that haven't even affected my own team.

I hope the players take the piss and just start encroaching the mark all weekend. f^&$ the rules.

Sport Fuck Them GIF by UFC

I don't even know why the AFL do these types of things. They're the living, breathing Obama putting a medal around his own neck meme come to life. They'll never question an ump or say something they ever did was wrong, so why bother even giving them 0.001th of my attention.

What's done is done, saying something was or wasn't wrong doesn't change the result of anything so who the bloody hell cares.

You wait that will be next

If Collingwood lose a close final to a non Vic side via a controversial decision I wouldn't put it last them to cancel the final score of the oppo and give the Pies the win, allowing them to advance

Just.You.Wait

On SM-S908E using BigFooty.com mobile app

I fail to see how there is any less potential to injure here than Reids? Both players were uninjured mind you.
Ones also a repeat offender so that should be an aggravating factor. But we all know he won’t be getting a week - even if he should be.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back