Oppo Camp Non-Eagles Discussion

Remove this Banner Ad

Which is kind of my point. Everyones (umpires, players, supporters) confused. It's not at all clear as some are saying

Yes I was agreeing with you, but I don't think there can be any confusion about the resulting suspension.

Collard gets a season ending 6 weeks for his slurs

Itā€™s a hefty penalty but it could be argued heā€™s got off lightly given it wasnā€™t a one off comment but a series of them

Still getting my head around the fact that hitting someone receives less of a penalty than saying a bad word(s)

Trust afl again to use an aboriginal player to ā€œmake an exampleā€. Just like Sydney stack for Covid breaches. Despite not being first ones.

Seriously?

He's lucky it wasn't more.

Load of crap. 6 weeks, really? Thatā€™s not enough?

Gaff got 8 for belting and breaking someoneā€™s jaw and giving permanent lifelong issues to brayshaw. This is words. Naughty words for sure. Why donā€™t we go and have him deregistered hey?

I am sure if danngerfield did same thing, say, he would get 6 weeks? My ass.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Trust afl again to use an aboriginal player to ā€œmake an exampleā€. Just like Sydney stack for Covid breaches. Despite not being first ones.
Wil Powell recently got 5 weeks - this isn't a race thing! Don't try and make it into something it isn't.

But I do agree the whole tribunal, punishments etc around everything - tackles, bumps, words, etc - is so broken.

Needs to be completely overhauled and action based, not outcome. Accidents happen, and people will get hurt in a contact sport - that doesnt mean someone must be suspended (not that this fits this scenario though).

Allegedly said the "F" word 10 times to 2 or 3 different players.
Fair to say he lost the plot.

Haven't read about any apologies or contrition so can see this one being
8 plus if previous suspensions are anything to go by.
Collard clearly doesn't want to be in Victoria. That's him done for the season .

Recon he flys home and ask for a trade with his value absolutely tanked .

Swap him for witherden

Wil Powell recently got 5 weeks - this isn't a race thing! Don't try and make it into something it isn't.

But I do agree the whole tribunal, punishments etc around everything - tackles, bumps, words, etc - is so broken.

Needs to be completely overhauled and action based, not outcome. Accidents happen, and people will get hurt in a contact sport - that doesnt mean someone must be suspended (not that this fits this scenario though).
Yep 6 weeks for hurt feelings .

Vs 1 week for elbow off the ball

At risk of this being derailed into complaints about wokism

Iā€™m sure there are millions of instances of foul language being thrown around including at umpires without there being any suspensions.

Itā€™s not simply ā€œbad words get penalised harder than punching someoneā€

Certain language comes into hate speech territory, which carries with it a heap of implications if left unmanaged. Agree with that or not, itā€™s just how it is.

Donā€™t use race or sexual preference to insult people and you wonā€™t get suspended

Load of crap. 6 weeks, really? Thatā€™s not enough?

Gaff got 8 for belting and breaking someoneā€™s jaw and giving permanent lifelong issues to brayshaw. This is words. Naughty words for sure. Why donā€™t we go and have him deregistered hey?

I am sure if danngerfield did same thing, say, he would get 6 weeks? My ass.
Don't play the race card.

Gaff was 6 year's ago.
He probably gets double thai if it was done now.

Iā€™m sure there are millions of instances of foul language being thrown around including at umpires without there being any suspensions.

Certain language comes into hate speech territory, which carries with it a heap of implications if left unmanaged. Agree with that or not, itā€™s just how it is.

Donā€™t use race or sexual preference to insult people and you wonā€™t get suspended
So Woke campaigner is alright?

So what you are saying itā€™s now highly offensive and hate speech to call a straight person a homophobic name and question their sexuality?

I mean I can understand offending a lqbtq person and doing it deliberately to hurt them.

So what you are saying itā€™s now highly offensive and hate speech to call a straight person a homophobic name and question their sexuality?

I mean I can understand offending a lqbtq person and doing it deliberately to hurt them.
Cards on the table: when you call someone a f***** you arent questioning their sexuality - you are demeaning them by saying "you are equal to this group of people whom I consider to be lesser human beings than me".

When you use terminology to equate someone to being less-than because of something they cant change about themselves, its a form of hate speech.

Remove this Banner Ad

Oppo Camp Non-Eagles Discussion

Remove this Banner Ad

Back