Oppo Camp Non-Eagles Discussion

Remove this Banner Ad

Great weekend for a neutral with some really big games. Teams likely need to get 13.5-14 wins to guarantee a finals spot whilst at least one club with 13 wins probably misses out on percentage

Friday night
- Sydney (1st - 56) v Collingwood (11th - 44) - SCG. Sydney could lose top spot to Brisbane and put themselves in danger of missing top 4 with a loss. Collingwood don’t have a great % so arguably need to win all 3 remaining games to make finals. A loss isn’t terminal but they’d be reliant on other results with zero margin for error

Saturday
- Brisbane (2nd - 54) v GWS (4th - 52) - Gabba. Winner puts themselves closer to a top 4 berth and Brisbane might be playing for first. Loser stays in a logjam for top 4. Giants need a least one more win to secure top 8

- Fremantle (6th - 50) v Geelong (5th - 52) - Optus. Winner secures finals and remains right in the race for top 4. Loser drops back further in top 4 race and remains a possibility to miss finals altogether

Saturday night
- Melbourne (12th - 40) v Port Adelaide (3rd - 52) - MCG. Last chance saloon for Melbourne who due to their percentage are probably already out but a loss would confirm it. Port are like other sides mentioned already in that a win puts them in contention for top two and ahead of the pack chasing too 4 whilst a loss drops them back in the top 4 logjam

Sunday
- Carlton (8th - 48) v Hawthorn (10th - 44) - MCG. Carlton drop out of the 8 if they lose and Essendon beat Gold Coast at Marvel and out of the race for top 4. A win goes close to securing finals due to their relatively strong percentage and just keeps them in touch of top 4. Hawthorn’s last two games are Richmond and North so a win here puts them in a great spot to make finals. A loss puts them in danger of missing on percentage

Big games ahead

- Fremantle (6th - 50) v Geelong (5th - 52) - Optus. Winner secures finals and remains right in the race for top 4.
Freo can still miss finals on 13.5 wins if Hawthorn win their last 3. 14 wins appears to guarantee finals this year.

If Hawthorn lose this week then 13.5 will be enough I think.

Freo can still miss finals on 13.5 wins if Hawthorn win their last 3. 14 wins appears to guarantee finals this year.

If Hawthorn lose this week then 13.5 will be enough I think.
14 wins to guarantee finals goes to show how badly the league is affected when you have three teams spudding it up at the bottom of the ladder (us, North an Tigers). We'll be lucky to have 12 wins between us at the end of the year.

Also seriously affects the integrity of the ladder with Hawks doubling North and Tigers. Did anyone get the triple double up?

Tarryn Thomas rumour doing the rounds of possibly going to Saints.
Starting to go viral. Lots of Saints fans saying they will burn memberships and rightly so. Would hate it if Eagles were doing something this stupid. Lots of unhappy people pissed off. Surprised that he isn't banned the last time.

But on a very strange note I think how funny would it be if Saints did get him. Imagine the uproar and critism directed at them. They would be the laughing stock of the comp and I kind of want to hear the loud boooing he will get in every game. AFL would look so bad if he did play on with them being a voice in stamping out domestic violence. This send the complete wrong message.

Starting to go viral. Lots of Saints fans saying they will burn memberships and rightly so. Would hate it if Eagles were doing something this stupid. Lots of unhappy people pissed off. Surprised that he isn't banned the last time.

But on a very strange note I think how funny would it be if Saints did get him. Imagine the uproar and critism directed at them. They would be the laughing stock of the comp and I kind of want to hear the loud boooing he will get in every game. AFL would look so bad if he did play on with them being a voice in stamping out domestic violence. This send the complete wrong message.

2023 Champion Data numbers > Being an absolute shit bloke

If he starts chopping up and starts winning then all will be forgotten. Plenty of blokes have been given second chances off things like robbery, as long as you're good then it'll be overlooked.

14 wins to guarantee finals goes to show how badly the league is affected when you have three teams spudding it up at the bottom of the ladder (us, North an Tigers). We'll be lucky to have 12 wins between us at the end of the year.

Also seriously affects the integrity of the ladder with Hawks doubling North and Tigers. Did anyone get the triple double up?
Just as much due to no teams dominating on 17+ wins, the only team with any chance of getting there is Sydney who wont if their recent form is anything to go off.

Normally youd see the top 4 all on 16+ wins. My ladder predictor has 2 teams at that mark

There’s also an extra game now due to Gather Round. Needed 12.5 wins to make the 8 last year whereas 11 or 12 wins had been enough in previous years

(Log in to remove this ad.)

I hopped over to their board to see their reactions, and whilst it was fairly boring, there was one post that made me laugh. Apparently some Bulldogs supporter decided to give them crap, and this was one of the responses

There's nothing more hilarious in life than a minnow pretending it belongs in the deep water.
We know where we sit, YOU clearly do not.
You're out of your depth here little one, and should probably leave and go home

Self awareness is in short supply at Moorabbin, apparently.

I hopped over to their board to see their reactions, and whilst it was fairly boring, there was one post that made me laugh. Apparently some Bulldogs supporter decided to give them crap, and this was one of the responses

Self awareness is in short supply at Moorabbin, apparently.

Man, that's hilarious. Dogs aren't a huge club but by no means are they a 'minnow'.

At least they've won a flag in colour TV.

If he starts chopping up and starts winning then all will be forgotten. Plenty of blokes have been given second chances off things like robbery, as long as you're good then it'll be overlooked.
Ya sure, but this guy is a total liability. He was up to the same shady shit this year. To the point where the North CEO wrote to other clubs to essentially be like, ya he really doesn't give a fk.

The AFL has every altruistic and cynical incentive to rehabilitate indigenous players. And for the most part, I think that's good and right. Separately, we all know how much history talent can erase.

So when you've got a talentless, scandled club, first sacking him, and then blasting a warning letter, how much of a recidivist creep must this guy be?

And to - of all clubs - ****ing St Kilda!

Ya sure, but this guy is a total liability. He was up to the same shady shit this year. To the point where the North CEO wrote to other clubs to essentially be like, ya he really doesn't give a fk.

The AFL has every altruistic and cynical incentive to rehabilitate indigenous players. And for the most part, I think that's good and right. Separately, we all know how much history talent can erase.

So when you've got a talentless, scandled club, first sacking him, and then blasting a warning letter, how much of a recidivist creep must this guy be?

And to - of all clubs - ****ing St Kilda!
He's a 'budding' talent mate, Saints simply need to wrap their arms around him and support the person, not the player.

Dustin Martin, how blessed to watch his career.
3 Norm Smiths, unlikely anyone does that again. Definitely ahead of Fyfe & Danger because of big game performance.
Ask Geelong supporters, that GF was in the bag until Dusty
Also like that he refused to be a part of the AFL media train/access to players....might be the last of a dying breed
Getting off topic, Dusty was amazing & did everything that I love about Aussie rules.
Watch a game to see what one player does....the best

There’s a petition floating around online that’s directed at the heads of afl house calling for them to intervene and ban him for life.
Remember the stand against violence against women this season when the teams came together pregame? Would fly completely in the face of this if he was allowed to play again. Guys had a bajillion chances

There’s a petition floating around online that’s directed at the heads of afl house calling for them to intervene and ban him for life.
Remember the stand against violence against women this season when the teams came together pregame? Would fly completely in the face of this if he was allowed to play again. Guys had a bajillion chances

Suspect when his court case is concluded the AFL will feel more comfortable making it prohibitively difficult for him to get back on a list

Remove this Banner Ad

Oppo Camp Non-Eagles Discussion

Remove this Banner Ad

Back