Oppo Camp Non-Eagles Discussion

Remove this Banner Ad

“Imagine you are getting midfield service from Wines, Butters, Rozee and JHF, and you are being shown up by some 30+ year old farmers and a guy called Gryan”

Pretty good from the Port board.
Grots grup gryan?

Graving a great gray?

Gricked grany goals?

Hawks line up last night

Sicily (pick 56)
Frost (traded in for late pick swaps)
Impey (traded pick 33)
Hardwick (pick 44)
Weddle (pick 18)
Morrison (pick 74)
D'Ambrosio (pick 61 + F4)
Moore (pick 67)
Nash (pick 62 rookie draft)
Amon (free agent)
Chol (traded for a 2024 2nd rounder tied to Brissy)
Ginnivan (gave up 2024 F2 and F3 for Pies 2024 F2 and F4)
Dear (pick 56)
Gunston (traded back for Brandon Ryan)
Watson (pick 5)
Meek (traded for JOM and got a 2nd rounder back aswell)
Worpel (pick 45)
Newcombe (pick 2 in the mid season draft)
Scrimshaw (traded for late nothing swaps)
Maginness (pick 29)
Ward (pick 7)
Macdonald (pick 26)

That's some incredible list management and/or more likely some amazing coaching to get them playing like they currently are

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Hawks line up last night

Sicily (pick 56)
Frost (traded in for late pick swaps)
Impey (traded pick 33)
Hardwick (pick 44)
Weddle (pick 18)
Morrison (pick 74)
D'Ambrosio (pick 61 + F4)
Moore (pick 67)
Nash (pick 62 rookie draft)
Amon (free agent)
Chol (traded for a 2024 2nd rounder tied to Brissy)
Ginnivan (gave up 2024 F2 and F3 for Pies 2024 F2 and F4)
Dear (pick 56)
Gunston (traded back for Brandon Ryan)
Watson (pick 5)
Meek (traded for JOM and got a 2nd rounder back aswell)
Worpel (pick 45)
Newcombe (pick 2 in the mid season draft)
Scrimshaw (traded for late nothing swaps)
Maginness (pick 29)
Ward (pick 7)
Macdonald (pick 26)

That's some incredible list management and/or more likely some amazing coaching to get them playing like they currently are
It’s never really been about high draft picks despite what we used to say before we started sucking so bad.

Sure you might not get the absolute superstars outside the top 5, but development and coaching is what makes teams win flags, not high draft picks.

Come to the conclusion most fans of VFL teams are complete band wagon fans. Well done to the approx 20000 that turn up no matter where they sit on the ladder but as soon they start contending these numbers more than double. Hawthorn and Richmond probably the main 2
There's a lot of casual fans for any team. I'm sure we could get 80k to a home final if we had the room.

I honestly don't think its Kens fault you guys have had a soft under belly for close to 20 years now .

Its in your DNA .

Never tear up our tarps

I don’t think you’re far off the mark. Must be psychological shortcomings in PAFC.

Mark Williams ‘tie choke’ symbolism in GF they won comes to mind. Sure they won ‘that one’ but gee they’ve gone missing a lot when it counts.

On iPad using BigFooty.com mobile app

There's a lot of casual fans for any team. I'm sure we could get 80k to a home final if we had the room.

WCE could get 100k to a home final if we had the room. But then there wouldn't be a huge shortage of available seats so membership prices would probably have to halve and even with say 80k seated members membership revenue would be lower than now.

It’s never really been about high draft picks despite what we used to say before we started sucking so bad.

Sure you might not get the absolute superstars outside the top 5, but development and coaching is what makes teams win flags, not high draft picks.
Identify good players - 80% cannot be coached. We bomb out regularly. What gets me is that Sicily is a far better footballer (and leader) than Barrass yet they and not content and are looking to strengthen their list..

Remove this Banner Ad

Oppo Camp Non-Eagles Discussion

Remove this Banner Ad

Back