Oppo Camp Non-Eagles Discussion

Remove this Banner Ad

You could also argue that the Hawthorn captain should’ve been focusing on celebrating his team mates 300th instead of having a quarrel with Kenny.

Ken went at Ginnivan, Sicily inserted himself into it.
Very fair point, however the counter to that would be that you'd want your captain defending a young team-mate right?

Will be intriguing next year. Will day gives them a little star power but just like Freo, you can be found out too.

Good honest working team though. Have to give them that.

As for port, they may well beat Sydney who also struggle at the back. Then get smacked in granny as they need a forward. Badly.

You know the Hawks lost because Ginnivan is a vulnerable young man again, not a larrikin shushing the crowd stoking on socials.

Article about the pressure of being under so much scrutiny next, and then Round 1 next year he’ll be back to inciting.

Ken went too far for a coach, not his place to get involved in that manner, and he’s apologised for it on two seperate national TV interviews. Young blokes who have built their entire persona on self congratulatory wanky celebrations and stoking the crowds suddenly realise that chat shit, get hit also applies to them. Good riddance.

The Hawks will be better next year, but there will also be a bit of pressure and a harder draw.
Sam Mitchell however is a brilliant coach, and what he has done given his own pre-season and near death experience in the US is ridiculous. Dont discount the effect of that on the start of the Hawks 2024 campaign.

Amazing however, how anger / being disrespected is such a great motivator for Port, yet getting flogged at home by 80 points at home somehow isnt enough. The human mind is interesting to say the least.

Very fair point, however the counter to that would be that you'd want your captain defending a young team-mate right?
Absolutely I would.

As someone mentioned above, Ken being a knob and Jack Minivan deserving his right whack are both true. I just find it harder to sympathise with someone who got chirpy early and then didn’t follow it up.

Talk *#$ get hit. Not a great look by Kenny but Ginnivan opened himself up to it.

Surprised the hoks went in as such overwhelming favorites away against the number 2 team. Great final, hopefully the series is warming up!

Carn the Giants

Absolutely I would.

As someone mentioned above, Ken being a knob and Jack Minivan deserving his right whack are both true. I just find it harder to sympathise with someone who got chirpy early and then didn’t follow it up.
His direct opponent, Burgoyne, had 25 and a goal of his own.

There’s not following it up from, and then there’s borderline tanking.

Beer celebration last week was sick, because it was a response to someone being disrespectful to him. When he’s disrespectful and gets a clip, they can’t have a sook.

Hinkley
Sicily
Ginnivan

Name the 3 biggest flogs inside Adelaide oval tonight for $100.

Honourable mentions to Kochie and Watson.
Don’t know their names but the pocket of Hawks fans celebrating with their back to the play, not realising Sicily had clattered the post, would be honourable mentions for me. Well worth a look on the replay.

It's fair game... Ginivan is a flog... Hinkley is a flog... Sicily is probably the biggest flog alongside his coach... However Port Adelaide won so let Hinkley have his glory flog moment...

And btw Hawthorn have been carrying on and on for half a season and media sucking their balls.. go Hinkley and Port... Wouldn't mind them actually winning it all just to stick it up the 'non biased' commentators

(Log in to remove this ad.)

It’s all rather amusing

1) The original comment from Ginnivan was totally insignificant and blown out of proportion. It wasn’t even directed at Port
2) Hinkley has used it to motivate the players when the far bigger motivator should’ve been their own ineptitude a week ago
3) Hawthorn are chirpy as **** so Ken gave Ginnivan a little drive by at the end. A bit w***ery sure but it’s not really abusive as such
4) The perpetually angry James Sicily gets totally bent out of shape and won’t let it go even as his teammates are trying to pull him back. Could have let it go but he’s still chirping as he’s chairing his 300 game teammate off the ground

Hawthorn are over celebrators. It’s normal in US sports but less of a thing here for the most part- it can easily be seen as mocking your opponent. Go ahead and enjoy it but don’t get pissed when it gets returned

Comment not directly at Port, but saying they will play the Swans in 2 weeks is massively disrespectful to the opponent you have to beat first.

Ginnivan got ahead of himself, and it backfired.

The Hawks will be better next year, but there will also be a bit of pressure and a harder draw.
Sam Mitchell however is a brilliant coach, and what he has done given his own pre-season and near death experience in the US is ridiculous. Dont discount the effect of that on the start of the Hawks 2024 campaign.

Amazing however, how anger / being disrespected is such a great motivator for Port, yet getting flogged at home by 80 points at home somehow isnt enough. The human mind is interesting to say the least.
There's no guarantee they will go higher, but I think they really should make the 8 at least, especially with Barrass and Battle. Teams might start to work them out more but that's every club. 5-8 I think.

Port like the Bulldogs are just too up and down. I can see them potentially beating Sydney but I can't see them winning the gf, especially not a rematch with Geelong. But it'd be quite a redemption story if they did.

Had to do the bedtime thing with the kids after half time, so only finished watching now.

Must say I thought the result flattered the Hawks. Fully a third of their goals came from free kicks that were at least somewhat dubious, then Sicily's one where the miraculous flapping finger apparently only didn't move when the Victorian video ref was looking at it...

Feel like it's worth noting that earlier this week I pointed out that...
Port haven't lost to Sydney in 8 seasons including 3 straight wins at the SCG...just sayin'

Popped $20 on Port to win the flag this arvo at $17...a ways to go yet, but good start :cool:

Port v Hawthorn next year is going to be box office

Mitchell is really pissed
Don’t know why. It’s not like they were robbed, beaten by the better team on the night.

They had their chances and didn’t take them. Sicily could have won the game with 90 seconds to go and muffed it. That’s what he was so unhappy about.

Ginnivan carries on like a spoilt brat and everybody’s supposed to put up with it.

At first I got around Sicily and thought Ken was a sore winner for giving lip to a losing side about to chair off their 300 gamer ...

But then I remember that little Ginniflog and his Tweet, which is was Ken would've been saying.

Fair bump, play on. Ginnipig might learn something and grow a brain after being made to look like a pelican.
Doubt he will grow a brain - can’t.

Must say I thought the result flattered the Hawks. Fully a third of their goals came from free kicks that were at least somewhat dubious, then Sicily's one where the miraculous flapping finger apparently only didn't move when the Victorian video ref was looking at it...
Yep. Those two supposed sling tackles in front of goal plus the out of bounds play that ended in a goal plus the touched goal.

And yet no commentary about that all just on Kinkley giving a smartarse a backhander. Mitchell said during the week he was fine with the comments - suck it up Sam. Can’t have it both ways.

It's fair game... Ginivan is a flog... Hinkley is a flog... Sicily is probably the biggest flog alongside his coach... However Port Adelaide won so let Hinkley have his glory flog moment...

And btw Hawthorn have been carrying on and on for half a season and media sucking their balls.. go Hinkley and Port... Wouldn't mind them actually winning it all just to stick it up the 'non biased' commentators
winners are grinners

Mitchell came across as a hypocritical flog.

He's encouraged his team to play as a Gen Z reflection of himself. He could at least walk the walk with premierships and a Brownlow after doing his jabby jab sledge etc.

He coaches the most punchable team in the comp. And now he's sooking that someone chirped back?

**** off Mitchell you dickhead. You reap what you sow.

Hope other teams start getting under Hawthorn's skin and they completely melt down.

Last edited:

Remove this Banner Ad

Oppo Camp Non-Eagles Discussion

Remove this Banner Ad

Back