Oppo Camp Non-Eagles Discussion

Remove this Banner Ad

Likely they'll lose all 3000 of the fans that showed up tp the game tonight now.
Never really ventured there before, but only 6 pages in the GWS board's game thread is pretty sad.
At least one poster not renewing their memberships cos the AFL allegedly won't let them win a flag.

I also think people are writing off Sydney too early. Been the best team all year.

I’ve been trying not to think of the other prelim. Swans must win. Simply must, the alternative is sickening.

They played a great game last week and appear to be ready. I’m ok with another Swans v Cats grand final if it comes to that! Time to cast those mental demons aside (the Swans).

Remember when we beat Carlton from 44 points down in the 3rd in 06?

That was what Lions did... away from home... in a knock out final!!!

BRILLIANT

Sent from my SM-S908E using BigFooty.com mobile app
heck, '06 we had some epic wins..
54 pts vs Geelong at the cattery
20 odd vs Adelaide in the PF away from home
The Carlton game
(Plus all the Sydney games)

Would hate to be brent daniels...cost his team a goal with that 50m penalty....and followed it by costing his team a goal by playing on.

Would hate to be brent daniels...cost his team a goal with that 50m penalty....and followed it by costing his team a goal by playing on.
Can only imagine that he didn't hear the umpire on both occasions.
The soccer off the ground doesn't make any sense otherwise.
Was arguably BOG up to this point in the game.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

People just ragging on GWS because they tanked 2 weeks in a row and not giving Brisbane enough credit.

A lot of Brisbanes players showed more heart in the last quarter than I’ve seen from our team in years. They’ve got a number of top end players but a lot of what they did in the last was just done with willpower - neale, zorko, dunkley, clugg, berry, starcevich, ah chee had some serious moments of just cracking in hard in the last. Got to give them some credit for playing with such heart and daniher was clutch, not easy to kick either of those goals under the circumstances.

Sent from my iPhone using BigFooty.com

Sounds like gws didn’t do a late season fitness workload. Looks to have cost them.

Whilst strictly out in straight sets, they were very close. Not like some other teams when they go out in straight sets.

Straight sets is straight sets imo

Doesn't matter if you get flogged or lose 2 close ones.

2 chances to get to a Prelim blown.

It sucks but that's it.

At least a few teams are doing it now which is good.

Don't have the full list but I'd say majority now have?

Maybe not Adelaide (can't remember them doing it.. or obviously GC... or Freo?)

Sent from my SM-S908E using BigFooty.com mobile app

For everyone declaring Geelong an automatic winner next week they are 3-6 in preliminary finals under Scott

Not that Brisbane have a good track record in them either but they’ve showed some decent heart this season and tonight especially

Straight-sets exits

(Teams to lose a qualifying and semi-final in the same season since 2000)

2001: Port Adelaide (3rd)
2007: West Coast (3rd)
2014: Fremantle (4th)
2014: Geelong (3rd)
2015: Sydney (4th)
2016: Hawthorn (3rd)
2018: Hawthorn (4th)
2019: Brisbane (2nd)
2021: Brisbane (4th)
2022: Melbourne (2nd)
2023: Port Adelaide (3rd)
2023: Melbourne (4th)