Mega Thread Non-Freo AFL Discussion 2022

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.
I was a Liam Ryan fan before this season. But he seems to have given up this year. He is definitely a cherry on top kind of player. But with nothing underneath him, he is just a tiny plum.
Would be the first player on the trade table if I was the WCE list manager.
Good enough that you get something half decent for him, say a pick between 15 & 20, and use it for a decent extra young kid, then you also remove the problem of having a player on the team whinisn not trying because he’s surrounded by inexperienced players.
Win/win

Would be the first player on the trade table if I was the WCE list manager.
Good enough that you get something half decent for him, say a pick between 15 & 20, and use it for a decent extra young kid, then you also remove the problem of having a player on the team whinisn not trying because he’s surrounded by inexperienced players.
Win/win
You also lose a criminal from your team. Win, win, WIN!

Nelson is rubbish - aged around 26/27 and will be delisted. Not sure why they persist with him. I’m happy to step in as list manager and make that call. I think it was ole mate Karl Langdon before the season started that said he is 26 and not part of the future. Seven rounds in they are still trying to work out his crapness.

Also they went hard with picking up all these WAFL/delisted AFL players. I can’t understand why you bother. Strnadica, Dixon and Joyce. They have shown for mine why they were delisted. They could have been selected as top up players. Prob bit unfair on Joyce given he has been injured but even in the pre-season I though he just looked like a decent WAFL player. Decimated East Fremantle in the process.

Clark and Naish look like being worth persisting with but just too many average players who aren’t going to improve.

The fact that they couldn’t get Kelly after his first AFL season and threw the farm at Geelong showed their hand. They lost all their decent picks. He after all only just completed his second season of AFL.

As far as players worth trading for, from Freo’s perspective a fit Oscar Allen would be handy, especially if Lobb leaves. Other than that I’m scratching my head. Other clubs may have interest in McGovern who has been good and Liam Duggan. They are in for a world of pain. Personally I think they are lock for pick 1 or 2, which will mean and should hold and not trade the early pick. They will have a crack at Tim English but he must be thinking do I want to come home and play with that basket case.
Would not be playing if they were selected as top up players.

Would not be playing if they were selected as top up players.
Yes and no. They were brought in late to replace a bunch of long term injuries. If they weren’t brought in and with their current injuries and COVID then they could call upon players (1-2 games they were able to call upon top ups and may have been another if the three extras weren’t added onto their Rookie list). So yes they may have been limited to two games but I see them no better than the alternatives playing WAFL today that are on the list (which was the point I was rather poorly trying to make).

Just saw Liam Baker with his mates down at the Como. Kid was smashing the darts😂

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Just watching the replay now, so much good shit stuff, but Liam Ryan really does not want to be there anymore.

Im going to edit this, he’s just too fat.
He’s not a tough going player. When the team is on, he’s suddenly dominance. When he is forced to win one on one’s, he’s a soft, cocky piece of s*** player

Can someone tell me what exactly is wrong with Port? It's just weird. Good list and I thought were poised for finals this year?

Can someone tell me what exactly is wrong with Port? It's just weird. Good list and I thought were poised for finals this year?

I don't think their list is that good but yes, they should be doing better than they are. Clearly there are issues beyond the players and it points to coaching. They lost Schofield and Voss from their coaching group so have had to adjust this year and I don't think Ken is good enough as a head coach and needs really good support.

I'm not sure if it's gameplan, culture or list profile that's causing it, but they have a lot of players that go missing when the going gets tough.

They’re actually quite average and a big chunk of their cream is getting old. Dixon(I know he’s not playing) Boak, Gray and from my point of view Butters and Rozee are massively over rated.
Like Georgiades but he seems to be suffering from the same malaise as the rest of them.
Wines is struggling too.

And Ken Hinkley is finished.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Remove this Banner Ad

Back