Mega Thread Non-Freo AFL Discussion 2023

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.
The AFL releases a breakdown of players salaries each year and 288 players made over $400k last year. That works out to 16 per club. Another 109 player made between $300-400k. That works out to 22 players per club earned more than $300k last year. Acres is reportedly earning $350k at Carlton, and we reportedly offered him $180k per year plus incentives. 29 players per club earned more than $200k last year.
Why are we even talking 400+ though? Reality is Acres would've stayed for around 300k, which is a lot more reasonable.

I hate doing this but I have to back up Jeff Kennett here ...

‘Should know better’: Luke Hodge calls out ‘poor taste’ tweet from Jeff Kennett

When I read what he tweeted I didn't think it was anywhere near out of order and was all about Hardwick and nothing to do with Clarko. I can't stand him to be honest but I think this is really looking hard for something not there isn't it?

I'm getting a bit over how hard the media seem to be pushing the poor Clarko wagon. He's been a superb coach but he's shown us amore than once as a bloke he has some fairly significant failings (as do I). Just his treatment this year of 2 low level journos has been really poor and then we have the abusing a junior umpire and parents, punching walls etc etc. there'd be better blokes to deify wouldn't there?

'Timeline of terror'. Bahaha. West Coast's troubles are generating more headlines than the previous US President.

'Timeline of terror'. Bahaha. West Coast's troubles are generating more headlines than the previous US President.

3 for 36, sounds like they need to find a better top order.

This made me laugh way more than it should have. Well played

View attachment 1695324

On SM-G955F using BigFooty.com mobile app
Funny stuff, though long mac topped three quarters up isn't too dissimilar to a Melbourne magic :D.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Funny stuff, though long mac topped three quarters up isn't too dissimilar to a Melbourne magic :D.
Yeah, it's definitely not a latte, glass is usually too small for that. Closest I've had outside WA is a Cortado. Not had the pleasure of Melbourne Magic yet, but if it means I can avoid the shit eating grin with "don't you mean a strong latte" then I might get one next time I'm in town.

Yeah, it's definitely not a latte, glass is usually too small for that. Closest I've had outside WA is a Cortado. Not had the pleasure of Melbourne Magic yet, but if it means I can avoid the s**t eating grin with "don't you mean a strong latte" then I might get one next time I'm in town.

Laugh it up. At least you guys have access to decent coffee. I literally had to start a coffee truck to get it here.

Laugh it up. At least you guys have access to decent coffee. I literally had to start a coffee truck to get it here.
Please tell me it's called Purple Jesus's Resurrection Brew - I can see the strapline now...

feel like you've been crucified / asleep for 3 days? / never fear, Purple Jesus is here with coffee worth dying for (unlike you ingrates!)

Please tell me it's called Purple Jesus's Resurrection Brew - I can see the strapline now...

feel like you've been crucified / asleep for 3 days? / never fear, Purple Jesus is here with coffee worth dying for (unlike you ingrates!)

It's not but now I feel like I need to change the name...

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Remove this Banner Ad

Back