Mega Thread Non-Freo AFL Discussion 2023

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.
Think we can scratch using Schofield as evidence Treacy will be good. Thinks West Coast will finish 5-8... I mean, did he watch them last year?

Evidence is blokes "flying" on the track.
He’s a pretty good judge, he picked us to perform as well as we did last season and was bullish on us from day 1.
I’m not sure I see West Coast in 5-8 territory but I also think their cliff is coming in slow motion, unavoidable but likely to fall in 2024 and beyond. They might not be completely rubbish this year if all of their ageing players miraculously stay injury free at the same time.

He’s a pretty good judge, he picked us to perform as well as we did last season and was bullish on us from day 1.
I’m not sure I see West Coast in 5-8 territory but I also think their cliff is coming in slow motion, unavoidable but likely to fall in 2024 and beyond. They might not be completely rubbish this year if all of their ageing players miraculously stay injury free at the same time.
I can see improvement (certainly hard to be worse) but 5th? There are a lot of competitive sides.

I think he forgets that while many of those older players are gun fully fit, there is less of them and the supporting cast is much worse than it used to be. 8th would be a great achievement. Even 10th would be a good effort.

Added to this is a very soft draw. I'm hoping for around 9 to 12 . No top 8 picks and no finals .

I can see improvement (certainly hard to be worse) but 5th? There are a lot of competitive sides.

I think he forgets that while many of those older players are gun fully fit, there is less of them and the supporting cast is much worse than it used to be. 8th would be a great achievement. Even 10th would be a good effort.
If my memory serves me correctly they were talking up their chances in January 2022 based on a new game plan and career best time trial results for many of their players. Also wanting to atone for there very poor finish in 2021 . Back into the 8 guaranteed. Nek minit!

Think we can scratch using Schofield as evidence Treacy will be good. Thinks West Coast will finish 5-8... I mean, did he watch them last year?

I suspect that he has in mind keeping his WCE fans interested. Schofield is not that dumb and he is a good bloke.

In terms of “certainly hard to be worse” there is one thing - they’ve just lost their generational FF who kicked goals with incredible accuracy from anywhere inside 55 as the head banana. I can’t see them replacing that output overnight.

In terms of “certainly hard to be worse” there is one thing - they’ve just lost their generational FF who kicked goals with incredible accuracy from anywhere inside 55 as the head banana. I can’t see them replacing that output overnight.
When JK was injured at the start of a season Darling became one of the best players in the league one year and easily replaced the output of JK.
That was however a few years ago...

Just do the maths and who from last year misses the 8?
Then you have the Blues, AFL would love them to play finals.
Top 8 is going to be highly contested.
With Carlton, GC, Port, thinking they have a chance.

Just do the maths and who from last year misses the 8?
Then you have the Blues, AFL would love them to play finals.
Top 8 is going to be highly contested.
With Carlton, GC, Port, thinking they have a chance.
My father in law and I were just yesterday discussing teams that could push for the 8 this year and those were the three I called out as well. You could conceivably put St Kilda in the mix as well. It’s hard to guess who makes way for them.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Missed the news from working late, I presume this isn’t looking good.

I hope a miracle is produced here. 🙏

Came to post the same thing, I had seen the news about the crash but the link to Rhett Bazzo wasn't made at the time.
Very upsetting for him and his family, also having lost his father to cancer as a child.

I was at the Mandurah Bridge when this happened. Just picked my son up from work at King Carnival. The police had set up a booze bus on the bridge, so they were on the scene pretty fast. I wasn't aware at the time it was a boat crash. The way they jumped in their cars with lights and sirens on, I thought it must be a brawl on the foreshore. It was a hot night, and the foreshore road was blocked off for a cafe/bar promotional event. Drunk people walking around everywhere. There were a lot of boats pulled up to the jetties so they could access the event from the water. A couple that witnessed the crash claim the boat was speeding, with no navigation lights when it struck the pole. Absolute tragedy. Feel for all involved. Family and friends. 😥

just when i start to like schofield he dishes that out

just when i start to like schofield he dishes that out
Eh, he's got bills to pay - if he just clowns either team early in pre-season a.k.a Kornes style he's just shooting himself in the foot.

Bloke clearly has a soft spot for Freo and does his research, in spite of Mark Readings clearly only talking about Freo because he has to.

Eh, he's got bills to pay - if he just clowns either team early in pre-season a.k.a Kornes style he's just shooting himself in the foot.

Bloke clearly has a soft spot for Freo and does his research, in spite of Mark Readings clearly only talking about Freo because he has to.
Wait - Readings still has a gig?! Ugh

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Remove this Banner Ad

Back