Mega Thread Non-Freo AFL Discussion 2023

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.
Thing is you can only front run and roll around in waves with seemingly endless energy like pies do if you can rely on your team mates to execute their skills with the intensity turned up.
Im not sure we can do that, last year at least when the heat got turned up we often turned it over.

Stan Alves used to say when analysing teams that he went through the list and asked “do I know what I’m going to get from this player today?”

And I reckon with Collingwood you can pretty much say that for every player except maybe Cox. That’s why they’re so reliable
Amazed at how many ladder predictions I've seen with them being put back down like towards the bottom of the 8. Or even out of it a couple of times..

Really good team across the park that work well as a unit.

Amazed at how many ladder predictions I've seen with them being put back down like towards the bottom of the 8. Or even out of it a couple of times..

Really good team across the park that work well as a unit.

Because they won so many by less than a goal. They could as easily have finished the season in 12th.

Collingwood been really impressive.

Although I think Hawkins and De Koning were hurt, I've been very unimpressed by Geelong, thought it was a very lazy game by them. Defensively embarrassing, midfielders were lazy and didn't want to run both ways

Collingwood been really impressive.

Although I think Hawkins and De Koning were hurt, I've been very unimpressed by Geelong, thought it was a very lazy game by them. Defensively embarrassing, midfielders were lazy and didn't want to run both ways

Stewart going down early didn't help. They essentially played 3 and a half quarters without their 2 key defenders.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

We'll have a much better idea of what these two games mean next week when Carlton play Geelong. Just two ends of the spectrum.

This is going to be a very interesting year.
The bumper crowds have already reflected an intense hunger for a return to 'proper AFL' now there's no Covid restrictions. You could argue it will be of most benefit to Victorian clubs (psychologically), but would also help traveling teams like us (not having to worry about possible lock downs or restrictions) when flying. I just hope our flights are reliable!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Remove this Banner Ad

Back