Mega Thread Non-Freo AFL Discussion 2023

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.
What do people think of Sam Darcy?
I’m not seeing the hype so far TBH. Have watched 3 or 4 games of him. There is something a bit passive about how he plays. I know he’s still a kid and I’m sure he’ll be a very good player in time but I’ve seen him talked up to be a future generational superstar (Kane corned was the latest during the week) and I’m not so sure.
The likes of JHF on the other hand has that raw aggression that you like to see at the same age as Darcy.

What do people think of Sam Darcy?
I’m not seeing the hype so far TBH. Have watched 3 or 4 games of him. There is something a bit passive about how he plays. I know he’s still a kid and I’m sure he’ll be a very good player in time but I’ve seen him talked up to be a future generational superstar (Kane corned was the latest during the week) and I’m not so sure.
The likes of JHF on the other hand has that raw aggression that you like to see at the same age as Darcy.

He didn’t play well last night but there was 1 play where he picked the ball up off the ground 3 times in a row which was absolutely incredible for a gangly giraffe of his size

He will be a deadset monster @ 23 yrs old

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Adelaide’s small forwards

Homer Drool GIF

Reckon our defence will struggle to contain Adelaide's smalls. Freo are gonna need to dominate the midfield to beat the crows when we play.

Unfortunately GWS are a club with no soul.
Big problems for the AFL if they stay bottom 4 for too long. It’s hard enough to get people watching them when they are half decent. No one wants to watch them when they are irrelevant and non competitive.
It could also be big problems for middle of the range teams like us.

They'll hand priority picks and list concessions out like candy to the Giants like they did to the Suns.

I wouldn't want to be playing GWS next weekend off this. They are going to get baked all week in the media about not playing hard enough. They'll be handing out corkies next week like a girl guide with a thick accent and no understanding of fund-raising.

Especially if it's a bit wet.

They'll be labelled soft all week and come put breathing fire. Remember how it used to happen with Richmond when they would be rubbish all season then the week before they play us they get the bright lights in their face and all over the newspaper, playing against us like a different team.

I wouldn't want to be playing GWS next weekend off this. They are going to get baked all week in the media about not playing hard enough. They'll be handing out corkies next week like a girl guide with a thick accent and no understanding of fund-raising.

Especially if it's a bit wet.

They'll be labelled soft all week and come put breathing fire. Remember how it used to happen with Richmond when they would be rubbish all season then the week before they play us they get the bright lights in their face and all over the newspaper, playing against us like a different team.

Lucky we are playing the Roos then

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Remove this Banner Ad

Back