Mega Thread Non-Freo AFL Discussion 2024

Would You Rather

• Make Finals, intermittently. Maybe have a shot once in 10 years. (Freo)

Votes: 34 57.6%
  • Be Port of the last 12 years. Constant finals, never make a Grand Final

Votes: 20 33.9%
  • Just be Essendon.

Votes: 5 8.5%

• Total voters

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.
Having watched the Swans game, these two look so midtable.
Sorry bro this is hopium. I hate to admit it but Carlton's list is very good and all their stars/KPs are quite young. They will be a top four threat for a long time and will make a grand final eventually. I think the same about our list which is why the chances are we will meet them in a GF.

Sorry bro this is hopium. I hate to admit it but Carlton's list is very good and all their stars/KPs are quite young. They will be a top four threat for a long time and will make a grand final eventually. I think the same about our list which is why the chances are we will meet them in a GF.
Carlton are underperforming with the talent they have on their list. They've had some really poor games this year, but easily get bailed out and get momentum going their way with a good whistle. Every close game they've won this year has been on the back of a flurry of really poor calls in their favour.

They'll make a grand final, and maybe win one, but not without all the help they can get. That's my biggest fear in vsing them in finals. Everything the league does is to benefit them (and the other big four).

The thing is because the big dance is at the MCG i’m not confident Sydney can beat a mid table team at the MCG.

I think the gap in class is enough they can play at 90% and still win.

If you haven't missed the multitude of threads on here where I say this, I don't GAF about Carlton. They're not in my head like they seem to be everyone else's. If we're talking about them specifically, they should be in it up to their eyeballs but the coaching is mediocre. Their points conceded tells you that alone without even watching them play. No serious finals side has the 7th worst defense in the league (or whatever it is).

They gave up 60 inside 50s and can be thankful for a Freo style goalkicking display. The Bombers just don't have the talent and the % I think tells you everything.

The rest all have warts of similar size.

Nah, Essendon and Carlton are middle range sides. Essendon are very average and kicked 9.16 tonight, but smashed Carlton in inside 50s, 57 - 37.

On Pixel 7 using BigFooty.com mobile app

Also don't think they're a threat for a long time. Maybe 4 years at most. They're a talent based team over a system based team. A lot of their main guys are 27+
I'm honestly thankful they have Voss as he's doing just well enough to look like he's doing a good job. Reckon they'd be a real handful with a better coach.

I'm honestly thankful they have Voss as he's doing just well enough to look like he's doing a good job. Reckon they'd be a real handful with a better coach.
I don’t reckon. Extremely vanilla side full of aging mercenaries. Imagine if they had to travel like us, they’d be perennially 10th-14th.

I don’t reckon. Extremely vanilla side full of aging mercenaries. Imagine if they had to travel like us, they’d be perennially 10th-14th.
Nah, that spine alone makes them better than that. If they don't win a flag they'll look back with regret.

Remember, as evidenced so brilliantly by this season, it's not like there are 3-4 genuine class sides like there used to be any given year.

If we can keep our group together then we're a much bigger threat of challenging for the foreseeable future. Carlton need to be at their peak right now if they want to win any thing. Their spine alone carries, and any injury to Weitering/McKay/Curnow will take them right back down to average.

Carlton's under 26 of any note to me from watching them this year (maybe i'm being a bit harsh):
  • De Koning
  • Cerra
  • Walsh
  • Hollands***

Vs our under 26 who are easily b22:
  • Darcy
  • Cox
  • Brayshaw
  • Freddy
  • Clark
  • Serong
  • Young
  • Sharp
  • Jackson
  • Chapman
  • Treacy
  • Walker
  • Amiss

(Log in to remove this ad.)

It's amazing really. They sit 2nd on the ladder but there are TWELVE teams with a higher percentage. 12.

On Pixel 7 using BigFooty.com mobile app

Honestly not even one bit scared of Essendon. They were so terrible tonight and looked like a bottom 6 side as they actually are how vanilla and bat shit boring are their players? Carlton I am also not very scared off after we played them this year, should have won if not for that dodgy umpire call. I look forward to smashing them if we meet again this year/finals. Both the worst top 2nd and 3rd team in history. 🤮🤢

Curnow really is a love himself flog too, bet he kisses his gun when he looks in the mirror. Most looked after key forward in history can’t even look at him and it’s a free kick. Dude looks like Annie/Ice Spice with the hair. Yeah he’s a Colman medalist but goes missing during finals when it really matters.

On iPhone using BigFooty.com mobile app

That was close to the perfect loss that West Coast could give a Fremantle supporter. Have them kick 2 goals to 3/4 time at home against the team that hasn't won a game all season so they realise how crap they really are, then have the revival where they hit the front so they suddenly start believing that it's all about the result and they've got the players who can dig in and turn it around and win ugly, only for North to kick the last two goals and have one of them from a free kick against Yeo so that we can hear them whinge about umpiring on talkback radio for the next week.

Last edited:
That was close to the perfect loss that West Coast could give a Fremantle supporter. Have them kick 2 goals to 3/4 time at home against the team that hasn't won a game all season so they realise how crap they really are, then have the revival where they hit the front so they suddenly start believing that's it's all about the result and they've got the players who can dig in and turn it around and win ugly, only for North to kick the last two goals and have one of them from a free kick against Yeo so that we can hear them whinge about umpiring on talkback radio for the next week.
Last week it was about the unfairness of Reid’s suspension. Meanwhile, Freo is in the 8 but we are just invisible.

Nah, that spine alone makes them better than that. If they don't win a flag they'll look back with regret.

Remember, as evidenced so brilliantly by this season, it's not like there are 3-4 genuine class sides like there used to be any given year.
I dunno, they’ve been built up a lot in the media but the results say otherwise. They’re not a good team. They have some good individuals. Shit team though.

Carlton are missing Cerra and Martin, two of their top 10 when up and about

Cerra was probably winning their B&F til his injury last year, came back a bit quieter after it from like round 20 onwards

If we can keep our group together then we're a much bigger threat of challenging for the foreseeable future. Carlton need to be at their peak right now if they want to win any thing. Their spine alone carries, and any injury to Weitering/McKay/Curnow will take them right back down to average.

Carlton's under 26 of any note to me from watching them this year (maybe i'm being a bit harsh):
  • De Koning
  • Cerra
  • Walsh
  • Hollands***

Vs our under 26 who are easily b22:
  • Darcy
  • Cox
  • Brayshaw
  • Freddy
  • Clark
  • Serong
  • Young
  • Sharp
  • Jackson
  • Chapman
  • Treacy
  • Walker
  • Amiss
without looking to see if there's anyone i feel you're being harsh on, it really does show that carlton's spine/side is built around the 2013-2015 drafts, whereas at this point we're more around the 2019-2021 drafts with some stragglers
leon cameron 2.0?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back