Mega Thread Non-Freo AFL Discussion 2024

Would You Rather

• Make Finals, intermittently. Maybe have a shot once in 10 years. (Freo)

Votes: 34 57.6%
  • Be Port of the last 12 years. Constant finals, never make a Grand Final

Votes: 20 33.9%
  • Just be Essendon.

Votes: 5 8.5%

• Total voters

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.

On what for those of us "working"
Kingy basically slammed Melbourne medical staff because Petracca ended up going yo the hospital at 3/4 time but was subbed off at half time. Chief didn’t like the tone of it so said he trusts medicos and let’s just leave it and see what happens, so it kinda went back and forth for a bit

Just watching Jack Roo’s big spiel on
Dusty and his almost 300 games.

Got me thinking about the vagaries of this game and how our “Dusty” played a season every bit as good as Dusty’s first, then blew four knees and never really played again…

And even taking into considerations some more finals, how when we got a dual Brownlow medalist, he’s played 69 games less than Dusty.

Over three full seasons of football less because he’s been cruelled by injury.

Footy sucks some times

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Can't see how Melbourne turn this match nor their season around. Their forward method is terrible. The players down there are a problem, but it's not like Kreuger and Hoskin-Elliot are any better than say Van Rooyen and Fritsch. Pickett should be more dangerous than Hill, Schultz, etc.
They play a very dull style, worse than us at our worst tbh. Considering the midfield firepower they've had, the past two seasons of straight sets finals exits should ring alarm bells about Goodwin's coaching.

Yeah true. I didn't think of that..
As old as Yeo is he's at least a great competitor, something that LDU just isn't. Not just a FIGJAM but a lazy one. With how young North are another Cunnington-ish figure might be a good fit to provide some guidance and grit. Shiels aint it.

Thanks 👍

Yep have booked the museum but didn’t know about the ground tour , is that seperate ?
You can book a package or individually.

Attachments

• Screenshot_20240610_210432_Chrome.jpg
    Screenshot_20240610_210432_Chrome.jpg
    206.3 KB · Views: 40
  • Screenshot_20240610_210350_Chrome.jpg
    Screenshot_20240610_210350_Chrome.jpg
    276.7 KB · Views: 41
As old as Yeo is he's at least a great competitor, something that LDU just isn't. Not just a FIGJAM but a lazy one. With how young North are another Cunnington-ish figure might be a good fit to provide some guidance and grit. Shiels aint it.

Agreed. Yeo's a pretty intense dude and will drive some standards at least. Plus his ability to win a contest will be an upgrade from Tom Powell who I think is a decent kid.

Wouldn't mind having Paul Curtis in our side as a small forward...

I did both on the eve of our GF 2013.
I was really shocked at how bad the ground surface was walking around on it.
The Shane Warne hologram thingy is truly amazing.
That would have been awesome
I was in the Gili Islands that day on a months surfing trip through Indo , my mum and brother went .
I still kinda regret not going

Can we blame the surface conditions for Fyfes bad kicking ?

That would have been awesome
I was in the Gili Islands that day on a months surfing trip through Indo , my mum and brother went .
I still kinda regret not going

Can we blame the surface conditions for Fyfes bad kicking ?
Nah, the conditions were terrible that day with the wind swirling around. Our lack of familiarity with the ground and the weather conditions was a major factor. Plus the nerves.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back